Old Aug 18 2012, 08:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz d View Post
i have evaluted the latest version of flash and though i did not get any crashes from it, the thing i did notice was it was very slow working facilities for others. Additionally my facility manager and seeds, anything with graphics for several items were also very slow.
Raul, sorry that version didn't help. Their "security" update is just plain slower. I went back to version 11.2.
i think they will find the biggest problem with flash crashing, is due to people layering their farms, and to boot farm town does not like to operate on internet explorer. When i work my neighbors farms, i close everything not needed to work on the farms. Same holds true for working in the (labor pool lol) i have windows 7 ultimate, with 16 gigs of ram, and when i work on farm town, no matter if it is for a neighbor, or visiting the (labor pool for extra work), i always have problems with people who have layered farm. I also have a video card with one gig of memory on it, and the latest version of flash player.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 18 2012, 10:32 AM

I too continue to get tons of flash crashes when working on other farms. I have everything turned off that I can turn off for these layered farms and it still crashes. I think you should NOT allow layering of farms.
Old Aug 18 2012, 02:13 PM

WE NEED MORE LEVELS PLZ IM ON 360 N NEED MORE FARM CASH!!!!!!
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...0&fb_bmpos=2_0
Old Aug 18 2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygered View Post
I too continue to get tons of flash crashes when working on other farms. I have everything turned off that I can turn off for these layered farms and it still crashes. I think you should NOT allow layering of farms.
If you have worked a number of neighbors farms, you may find that the crash problems occurs even those farms not layered, and not heavily treed etc.

The variables that may be involved in the flash crash problems include

- the recent introduction of the latest Flash version occurring on the same day as
- the recent introduction of the latest FT version which includes help from the mayor.

Layering or staggering of crops does slow playing the game but did not have effect on working the facilities of another

If anything, the expansions of the farms to 30x30 have caused some slowness, which the developers told us about right away.

they are working on the fix for the Crash problem

Old Aug 18 2012, 08:06 PM

I have a LOT of crashes! Ugh-- Hope we find out if its flash player or FT.. Just let us know Please~! I have cleaned everything, and still have problems. ty

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl..._id=1152184072
Old Aug 19 2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrinarose View Post
I have a LOT of crashes! Ugh-- Hope we find out if its flash player or FT.. Just let us know Please~! I have cleaned everything, and still have problems. ty
Just saying you have lots of crashes doesn't help.

A little info would do wonders.

Like, what browser you use, what server you were on, and what flash version you are using.

they can't fix something without knowing what is broke and causing problems.

Last edited by jim skipper; Aug 19 2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: typos
Old Aug 19 2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey's Acres View Post
I installed Flash 11.4 last night & worked all of my farms & loaded facilities today with no problems. Everything went smoothly working neighbours' facilities as well. There were no crashes or freezing or having to refresh every 2 minutes. The speed seems decent also. I'm holding my breathe lol - is it possible Adobe has finally sorted out their mess? Let's see if it's still working tomorrow lol
Where did you find 11.4? I go to download the latest and it is still on 11.3.
Old Aug 19 2012, 10:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
Where did you find 11.4? I go to download the latest and it is still on 11.3.
Search for Flash player beta.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 19 2012, 01:36 PM
Account Not Linked

I totally agree with everyone about the layered farms crashing flash. Those are the ones I crash on. I can work all farms when they aren't layered.
Old Aug 19 2012, 05:44 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Search for Flash player beta.
Can't get it for Mac yet... I tried for the Intel Mac and when I went to info it was the same 11.3, which I stay away from for the time being...
Closed Thread