Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 23 2013, 11:11 AM

Default Missing Trees from Storage

I have NEVER lost items or product from storage, even though I have seen lots of posts from others that have.
This may have nothing to do with latest update, but....
I am moving trees from farms and rearranging. There is a 3-5 second lag time for each tree to move into storage, and the same 3-5 second lag time for each tree when placing from storage to farm.
I am moving small groups each time and placing them. Only 32 or 64. This has taken me several days.
I had a total of 168 cherry trees and just moved 64 cherry trees with no problem. I loaded 104 into storage (yes, I have enough storage) and I LOST 84 trees. There are only 20 in storage.
I refreshed farm, cleared cache, did the Memcache thingy, turned off computer and rebooted.
My cherry trees are nowhere. More aggravating than anything, since I will have to use my new gifts to replace something I already had.
But, now, I am concerned about putting anything into storage.
If you have any suggestions for anything else I can try, please let me know. Also, should there be that much lag time when putting into storage or taking out?? This time lapse has only happened since the update.
Just need some help.
Thanks,
Deborah
Old Apr 23 2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
I have NEVER lost items or product from storage, even though I have seen lots of posts from others that have.
This may have nothing to do with latest update, but....
I am moving trees from farms and rearranging. There is a 3-5 second lag time for each tree to move into storage, and the same 3-5 second lag time for each tree when placing from storage to farm.
I am moving small groups each time and placing them. Only 32 or 64. This has taken me several days.
I had a total of 168 cherry trees and just moved 64 cherry trees with no problem. I loaded 104 into storage (yes, I have enough storage) and I LOST 84 trees. There are only 20 in storage.
I refreshed farm, cleared cache, did the Memcache thingy, turned off computer and rebooted.
My cherry trees are nowhere. More aggravating than anything, since I will have to use my new gifts to replace something I already had.
But, now, I am concerned about putting anything into storage.
If you have any suggestions for anything else I can try, please let me know. Also, should there be that much lag time when putting into storage or taking out?? This time lapse has only happened since the update.
Just need some help.
Thanks,
Deborah

Sorry for the confusion.... shut down and rebooted 3 times and cherry trees appeared.

But, I still need someone to help me with possible reasons for the 3-5 second lag time on loading a tree into storage and then the same thing, when placing it back on a farm! Is this FT, FB, or something I need to check on my computer??
It has NEVER been like this before the last update.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!
Thanks,
Deborah
Old Apr 23 2013, 03:55 PM

I am having the same problem since the last update. Everything I move or put in storage has a delay, so much so, that I think it's not taking, then it moves it or stores it. Very frustrating when you are trying to re-arrange the farms.
WF4, Google Chrome.
Old Apr 23 2013, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post

Sorry for the confusion.... shut down and rebooted 3 times and cherry trees appeared.

But, I still need someone to help me with possible reasons for the 3-5 second lag time on loading a tree into storage and then the same thing, when placing it back on a farm! Is this FT, FB, or something I need to check on my computer??
It has NEVER been like this before the last update.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!
Thanks,
Deborah
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubes View Post
I am having the same problem since the last update. Everything I move or put in storage has a delay, so much so, that I think it's not taking, then it moves it or stores it. Very frustrating when you are trying to re-arrange the farms.
WF4, Google Chrome.
The more things you move the more data has to be processed. I always clear my caches (memcache and browser) before starting to move things like tree or flower sections. This does help. If things get really slow then I do the clearing again and continue on.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 23 2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The more things you move the more data has to be processed. I always clear my caches (memcache and browser) before starting to move things like tree or flower sections. This does help. If things get really slow then I do the clearing again and continue on.
Taz D, It's something else causing it. I was moving a lot around for 3 days straight, just before the update. It was after the update that it all slowed down, even after doing all the above. Before it was moving licky split as usual. I am building an airport on one of my farms and their isn't much on it right now to move around and it's soooooooooooooo slow moving, gave up and waiting to see if it is fixed.
Old Apr 23 2013, 11:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Sorry FT been burned with a couple of the larger tools....seems they do the number when they feel like it....take the large power saw, shoot if I ever had it chop the amount of oak trees it's supposed to I think I'd faint...I have my trees planted as close together and in neat rows as is allowed in game but that darn chain saw just doesn't want to chop the number I was given when looking to buy.
About the ONLY turbo tool I've found that works as stated is the fishing boat...
Wondering now if I were to take a chance and purchase a turbo load all what in heaven's name do I do with all those tools those load alls will replace? Just count as I wasted money? OR can I give to my good friend who can NOT afford to buy? What do we do with them...As I see it will be more in storage taking up space just as all those tools we had to have to get each bigger one, like those sprinklers, only 2 work now out of all I bought, the water flowers and the water all, extend waste time....sigh...guess I'll hide and watch the postings here to see how well those turbo load alls really work...
Love the detail BTW on all the new facilities...in fact I love the detail on all the buildings....thanks for those cute things.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 23 2013, 11:55 PM

Love the new toys and game upgrades, as usual! Only thing that has created some frustration is that the mini-game screen opens far too easily now. I have to make a very conscious effort not to drag the cursor across the game cube when moving to change the screen size. Wouldn't break my heart if you were to move the game cube to another spot altogether.

Keep up the great work and thanks for listening to your players!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Apr 24 2013, 12:09 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I've done everything to get rid of this problem....I can not see my neighbors postings...I've tried the link we have in FT to see if I could help with their work that way but while I can see who posted they're all out of date!

Yesterday for instance went to that link (I have it on my toolbar) kept scrolling trying to find something not expired. Finally found 2, they were the last two on list....So I did get to help at least 2 neighbors.

There are times I post work and many can't see my posting. BTW, those 2 I found? Was strange, said name and had a box with what the work was there, no like, comment, click to work.

I've cleared FT cache, Flash cache, Google browser cache....no help there...I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, disabled Google flash version and used just flash and not helping either...I've run my program to check for any bad areas and all is showing fine...

Is this trouble on FT end or is it Google or FB or is it all 3???? Help please, I need to work my neighbor's facilities when they post, short on coins since spent on farm 18 and new facilities as well.
Thanks!

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 24 2013, 12:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe View Post
Sorry FT been burned with a couple of the larger tools....seems they do the number when they feel like it....take the large power saw, shoot if I ever had it chop the amount of oak trees it's supposed to I think I'd faint...I have my trees planted as close together and in neat rows as is allowed in game but that darn chain saw just doesn't want to chop the number I was given when looking to buy.
About the ONLY turbo tool I've found that works as stated is the fishing boat...
Wondering now if I were to take a chance and purchase a turbo load all what in heaven's name do I do with all those tools those load alls will replace? Just count as I wasted money? OR can I give to my good friend who can NOT afford to buy? What do we do with them...As I see it will be more in storage taking up space just as all those tools we had to have to get each bigger one, like those sprinklers, only 2 work now out of all I bought, the water flowers and the water all, extend waste time....sigh...guess I'll hide and watch the postings here to see how well those turbo load alls really work...
Love the detail BTW on all the new facilities...in fact I love the detail on all the buildings....thanks for those cute things.
The new tools are upgrades for the previous ones. If you sell them and another new upgrade comes out that you want then you would have to buy the previous ones to purchase the new one. That is why you need to keep them. You cannot give any tools that you own to a neighbor as there is nothing set up to be able to do that.
As far as the oaks go you are right because they have such a large base area you cannot get as many as the maximum for the tool without stacking them. All the rest of the chop types though you can get the full amount if you have them arranged correctly for the tool you have.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 24 2013, 12:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe View Post
I've done everything to get rid of this problem....I can not see my neighbors postings...I've tried the link we have in FT to see if I could help with their work that way but while I can see who posted they're all out of date!

Yesterday for instance went to that link (I have it on my toolbar) kept scrolling trying to find something not expired. Finally found 2, they were the last two on list....So I did get to help at least 2 neighbors.

There are times I post work and many can't see my posting. BTW, those 2 I found? Was strange, said name and had a box with what the work was there, no like, comment, click to work.

I've cleared FT cache, Flash cache, Google browser cache....no help there...I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, disabled Google flash version and used just flash and not helping either...I've run my program to check for any bad areas and all is showing fine...

Is this trouble on FT end or is it Google or FB or is it all 3???? Help please, I need to work my neighbor's facilities when they post, short on coins since spent on farm 18 and new facilities as well.
Thanks!
A lot of this problem right now seems to be Facebook changing things again. It is specially effecting peoples posts for help. The best thing you can do is check your privacy settiongs in Facebook and make sure it is set to friends or public.
You can pass that on to your neighbors too so they can check theirs. Facebook is messing with the Home page and what gets posted and this is changing privacy settings to just close friends.
Closed Thread