Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2012, 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

"6. Dispatching Trains with any Shape: You can now build trains in all shape and forms with different turns using all available freight cars. ALL the coupled cars will now be dispatched along with the locomotive. They don't need to be in a straight line anymore."
If trains don't need to be in a straight line for all of them to be dispatched then shouldn't the long cars have more than 2 directions to turn in order for this to work?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 04 2012, 01:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Hi Kahra, If you choose a train carriage you will get a pop up window giving you several options of 'direction'. There actually are some 'bendy' ones there. The don't really look as if they will work, but with a bit of trial and error they can be put around a corner and connected.

It took me a bit to add one to trial, but if you go to my link of 'Gone Fishin' then to Farm one you can see it done. You may have to turn off the trees and flowers and it is in the bottom left hand corner.

Hope it helps.
oh thanks so much Helen.. I will take note of that. Youre a legend x going to check out your farm. thanks again
Old Sep 04 2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
Thanks Maggie, my train is waiting at the station for the new cars, guess tomorrow i can send them on their way
You are welcome - mine is waiting for the new cars as well.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 04 2012, 01:39 AM

Red face

Your farms are awesome, thanks for sharing them with us
Old Sep 04 2012, 03:40 AM
Account Not Linked

Have we got the people we were promised yet and if so does anyone know where to look for them? I have looked but can not find them.
Old Sep 04 2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzy View Post
Have we got the people we were promised yet and if so does anyone know where to look for them? I have looked but can not find them.
there was mention of the people (they will be in the store), and of the next freight cars in post #1 yesterday.

There is a one day delay, so they will, or should be, released later today, Tuesday.

When changes are made, or when problems are resolved, it is in post #1 of the release where that information and update appears.

Old Sep 04 2012, 06:36 AM

I'm having trouble finding the new people in the Store. Where are they?
Old Sep 04 2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Hendrick View Post
I'm having trouble finding the new people in the Store. Where are they?
We wont get them till later today hopefully - Raul has put a note at the bottom of the announcement on page 1

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 04 2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Hi Rob I was wondering if you can help me. I noticed Raul said the trains dont have to go in a straight line anymore etc.. but if they arent in a straight line, how do we couple them so they are all highlighted to gain the maximum benefits? We need bendy tains lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker grrrrrl View Post
Too bad my track will only hold 9 trains...sigh... but having 95% of the work done for me is pretty darn good! The way I have it designed, it won't accept a 10th train.
Hi,

i used one of the ordinary boxcars (not the long one on the bend itself as they have 6 views, that seems to work as Helen has previously said. it does take a little practice to get it looking just right. Later when i update the Game Guide with the new trains, i will also post a pic there to show how going round a corner can be done

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 04 2012, 08:20 AM
Account Not Linked

sorry but im disappointed with the cattle train thingy.. i was all set to buy a load of trains because I thought the cattle train would give produce not animals. dont get me wrong .. handy for those starting out who need to stock up animals rather than wait for gifts but for those who are at top level it doesn't really help.

so back to not buying trains but rest of update good