Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 28 2011, 11:43 AM

A husband with the Farm Town addiction might experience this.....

My Dear Husband,

I am sending you this letter via the Farm Town communications thing, so that you will be sure to read it.

Please forgive the deception, but I thought you should know what has been going on at home since Farm Town entered our lives over two years ago.

The children are doing well. Tommy is seven now and is a bright, handsome boy. He has developed quite an interest in the arts. He drew a family portrait for a school project, all the figures were good, and the back of your head is very realistic. You should be very proud of him.

Little Jennifer turned three in July. She looks a lot like you did at that age. She is an attractive child and quite smart. She still remembers that you spent the whole afternoon with us on her birthday. What a grand day for Jenny, despite the fact that it was stormy and the electricity was out.

I am doing well. I went blonde about a year ago, and discovered that it really is more fun! George, I mean, Mr. Wilson, the department head, has taken an interest in my career and has become a good friend to us all.

I discovered that the household chores are much easier since I realized that you didn't mind being vacuumed but that feather dusting made you sneeze. The house is in good shape. I had the living room painted last spring; you may have noticed it. I made sure that the painters cut holes in the drop sheet so you wouldn't be disturbed.

Well, my dear, I must be going. Uncle George--err--Mr. Wilson, I mean, is taking us all on a ski trip and there is packing to do. I have hired a housekeeper to take care of things while we are away, she'll keep things in order, fill your coffee cup and bring your meals to your desk, just the way you like it. I hope your farming will be successful and you will have a lovely time while we are gone. Tommy, Jenny and I will think of you often. Try to remember us while your combine is working.

Love,Your Wife
Old Aug 28 2011, 12:02 PM

COMMANDMENTS OF A FARM TOWNAHOLIC

[1] Thou shall love Farm Town above fv with all thy heart.

[2] Thou shalt remember thy name and password.

[3] Thou shalt open thy farm no more than 40 times a day.

[4] Honor thy Devs and Mods (somewhat).

[5] Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's avatar clothing, nor computer speed, nor his farms, facilities and inventory. (but you may covet their experience points and coin totals).

[6] Thou shalt not post messages that are stupid, worthless, or have no meaning.

[7] Thou shalt use Farm Town terminology properly to distinguish thyself from a newbie.

[8] Thou shalt help other users with their crops and facilities and message thy neighbors often tomake them feel wanted .

[9] Thou shalt giveth false information only to those members who complain and whine.

[10] Thou shalt not ask stupid questions that are already fully explained in the instructions unless you have nothing to do while waiting and waiting for the next release.
Old Aug 28 2011, 12:10 PM

A mathematician, an accountant and a public relations officer all applied for the same job at Farm Town to keep all farmers informed.

The developer called in the mathematician first and asked, "What does two farms plus two farms equal?"

The mathematician replied, "Four farms."

The developer asked, "Four, exactly?"

The mathematician looked at the developer incredulously and said, "Yes, of course: four, exactly."

Then the developer called in the accountant and asked the same question, "What does two farms plus two farms equal?"

The accountant said, "On average, four farms - give or take 10 per cent depending on their expanded size; but on average, four farms."

Then the developer called in the public relations officer and again posed the same question, "What does two farms plus two farms equal?"

The public relations officer got up, locked the door, closed the shade, sat down next to the developer and whispered, "Well, what do you want it to equal?"

Old Aug 28 2011, 12:16 PM

Keep them coming.
Old Aug 28 2011, 12:19 PM

Moses and his flock arrive at the sea, with the Egyptians in hot pursuit.

Not knowing how to proceed, Moses calls a staff meeting.

"Well, how are we going to get across the sea?" Moses asks. "We need a fast solution. The Egyptians are close behind us."

"Normally, I'd recommend that we build a pontoon bridge to carry us across," the General of the Armies says, "but there's not enough time - the Egyptians are too close."

"Normally, I'd recommend that we build barges to carry us across," the Admiral of the Navy says, "but time is too short."

"Does anyone have a solution?" Moses asks.

Just then, his Public Relations man raises his hand.

"You!" Moses says, "You have a solution?"

"No," the PR man says, "but I can promise you this: If you can find a way out of this one, I can get you two or three full pages in the Old Testament..."
Old Aug 28 2011, 12:45 PM

Well.. I have been coming to this news area for a few weeks now... Reading all the posts and getting excited about the next releasse. Raul hinted at a farm 11 in the offering... And with all updates, there are probably new factories - tools - and more twists. The excitment grew... and the messages grew.... All seem very excited and looking forward to the next release. Some, like me, hve a strategy in mind for farm 11..... We have built up coins and got our farmcash ready... excitment grew even more.... Then the flow of messages on this board grew tih each day - hoping that we were getting ever closer to the release....

But disappointment started setting in... the boards started chatting about jokes, then vacum cleaners.... still no release..... Some of the jokes were pretty good - and some of the vacum cleaner stories were enjoyable as well.. Maybe the vacums were there to suck the excitment out of us while we await the release..

I cannot speak for others, but i am getting more than a little disappointed. Donèt get me wrong - I really enjoy FarmTown. In fact it is the nly game i play on FaceBook. It has kept my interest for some time - and the regular updates are one of the reasons. The game has matured as well as it grew (ex. start all buttons, tools). But the regular visits are becoming disapponting... no release..... and no messaging to let us know what is happening.

You would think someone could simply add a note to let us know what is happening. Rumours state there were issues with the release... Others speculate on the dates... timelines between updates... But no real news....

St this point I am a little disappointed, and getting more so each day...
Old Aug 28 2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post
Well.. I have been coming to this news area for a few weeks now... Reading all the posts and getting excited about the next releasse. Raul hinted at a farm 11 in the offering... And with all updates, there are probably new factories - tools - and more twists. The excitment grew... and the messages grew.... All seem very excited and looking forward to the next release. Some, like me, hve a strategy in mind for farm 11..... We have built up coins and got our farmcash ready... excitment grew even more.... Then the flow of messages on this board grew tih each day - hoping that we were getting ever closer to the release....

But disappointment started setting in... the boards started chatting about jokes, then vacum cleaners.... still no release..... Some of the jokes were pretty good - and some of the vacum cleaner stories were enjoyable as well.. Maybe the vacums were there to suck the excitment out of us while we await the release..

I cannot speak for others, but i am getting more than a little disappointed. Donèt get me wrong - I really enjoy FarmTown. In fact it is the nly game i play on FaceBook. It has kept my interest for some time - and the regular updates are one of the reasons. The game has matured as well as it grew (ex. start all buttons, tools). But the regular visits are becoming disapponting... no release..... and no messaging to let us know what is happening.

You would think someone could simply add a note to let us know what is happening. Rumours state there were issues with the release... Others speculate on the dates... timelines between updates... But no real news....

St this point I am a little disappointed, and getting more so each day...
yeah...Exactly what he said....
Old Aug 28 2011, 01:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Ive decided that between Stoneface posts and the fact Tony D is getting stick about being an aussie, I dont really care anymore if we get the announcement or not...... *wanders off to see if reverse psychology works*

Old Aug 28 2011, 01:35 PM
Account Not Linked

i was also wondering how long it will be before the first person complains about the new updates, glitches etc ..
Old Aug 28 2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Helpful View Post
i was also wondering how long it will be before the first person complains about the new updates, glitches etc ..
Within 10 minutes
Closed Thread