Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 30 2020, 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeejayF View Post
Yes, I am using Train Manager. As it turns out, all of my attached cars are LONG and sometimes when the Mayor Bonus activates, the relevant trains highlight red - much the same as facilities that have already been worked, highlight to red on the FT Requests Wall. I'll pay attention next time to see what text displays at the time but I'm almost certain that I have missed out on a few bonuses. Oh well. I'll holler at ya'll again if necessary.
Hi CeejayF,
The highlighting you are talking about is not a highlight for the bonus. It is highlighted inb pink to show you which trains are idle. Which means they have returned and you have unloaded them, but have not redispatched them.

If you have missed any bonuses it would be for not having enough trains dispatched. You must have at least 3 trains with the 10 cars dispatched or waiting to be unloaded. If you go below that amount then you will not get the bonus.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 18 2020, 04:28 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I like to keep my few trains packed together. The problem is trying to mouse click to put the train car in line when there are other trains in the way. If two trains are too close together but still get the green OK notifier, I cannot move the train car to that location regardless of how many clicks. I can't fix this by hiding a train or any individual car because hiding trains or cars that are connected doesn't work.

So: 1) When a train car is next to another train car and it is highlighted in green to indicate that is a great place to put a train car then MAKE THE CLICK WORK SO IT REALLY PUTS THE TRAIN CAR THERE INSTEAD OF JUST SIMPLY NOT WORKING.

2) Make "hide" of any flavor work on train cars, either in a chain or individually so I can get a train out of the way so when I click another train car into place it can really go there.

This is only irritating when you pack trains side by side in a row. You can do this if you work from one direction to the other, but I keep launching my trains off making them impervious to normal editing operations.
Old Jul 18 2020, 07:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiVince View Post
I like to keep my few trains packed together. The problem is trying to mouse click to put the train car in line when there are other trains in the way. If two trains are too close together but still get the green OK notifier, I cannot move the train car to that location regardless of how many clicks. I can't fix this by hiding a train or any individual car because hiding trains or cars that are connected doesn't work.

So: 1) When a train car is next to another train car and it is highlighted in green to indicate that is a great place to put a train car then MAKE THE CLICK WORK SO IT REALLY PUTS THE TRAIN CAR THERE INSTEAD OF JUST SIMPLY NOT WORKING.

2) Make "hide" of any flavor work on train cars, either in a chain or individually so I can get a train out of the way so when I click another train car into place it can really go there.

This is only irritating when you pack trains side by side in a row. You can do this if you work from one direction to the other, but I keep launching my trains off making them impervious to normal editing operations.
Hi TsunamiVince,

The only way at the moment to do this is to wait until they are back so that you can unload them then move the cars out of the way to add any new ones. However we know that this may not be ideal when you have so many packed together or not enough trains to keep in the dispatched or ready to unload state to get the mayor bonus.

Any changes or suggestions you have for the game need to go in the Suggestions area of the forum please where the developers go to see them. Here's the link to that section. You will not be able to start a new thread there. Click the link below and you will see a list of threads with different titles which are also links. Click on the one with the title that most suits your idea, then scroll down the page and post in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Please Note: If you post in a thread and it's not the right one or is better suited to another one, your post will be moved. Please do not reply to any suggestions in that area. It's not permitted so that anyone can post their idea whether it may be popular with other users or not.
Old Jul 18 2020, 12:54 PM

Level:
XP:

I get the wait till they are done to move them part. That isn't what I'm talking about. When they are waiting to dispatch and you can move individual train cars, they will highlight but not allow you to click to place them if you are trying to set them too close to another train car.

Place one train and it's cars when you can move them all in a row from bottom right to upper left. Now place another train when you can move them directly next to and above the first row of train cars. You can probably place the engine, but when you try to place any other train cars you get the green highlight, but when you click you are clicking on top of the first set of train cars and it refuses to accept the mouse down/mouse up as an official click and will not place the second train car. You can't hide the first train nor any of it's cars so they are out of the way and you can place the second trains cars with abandon.

Just set multiple trains right next to one another and you will quickly find out what I'm talking about.
Old Jul 18 2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I get the wait till they are done to move them part. That isn't what I'm talking about. When they are waiting to dispatch and you can move individual train cars, they will highlight but not allow you to click to place them if you are trying to set them too close to another train car.

Place one train and it's cars when you can move them all in a row from bottom right to upper left. Now place another train when you can move them directly next to and above the first row of train cars. You can probably place the engine, but when you try to place any other train cars you get the green highlight, but when you click you are clicking on top of the first set of train cars and it refuses to accept the mouse down/mouse up as an official click and will not place the second train car. You can't hide the first train nor any of it's cars so they are out of the way and you can place the second trains cars with abandon.

Just set multiple trains right next to one another and you will quickly find out what I'm talking about.
Hi TsunamiVince,

I do know what you're talking about. It's the order you place the trains down in according to where you have placed them on your farm. When you have them close together then try to add a car to the one that's not closet to you, so in effect the other side of the one closest to you, it won't let you set it down as it's too close to the anchor point of the other one.

For example, lets say you wanted all your trains at the bottom edge of the farm, to place them all, you would have to place the one furthest from the edge first and get all the cars on it, before you did the one slightly closer to the edge, and so on until the last one you placed is the one running closest to the edge of the farm.
Old Jul 20 2020, 05:37 AM

Level:
XP:

I found if I move the train car while selected, mouse down, then drag the entire farm around, stop moving, mouse up, then click it will accept the mouse click and place the train car appropriately.

Three solutions:

1) When moving a train car around, if it isn't going to accept a mouse click at the location it is at then turn off the green "it's OK to set the train car here" highlight.

2) When the green highlight is on, then accept the mouse click regardless of where the mouse is because the thing is green and this is a proper place for the train car. Currently it will not accept a mouse click even when it is highlighted green because it's apparently too close to another train car.

3) Allow us to hide trains. I haven't played with the make trains fuzzy when they are dispatched. This may also work.

Your solution also works if I somehow leave the trains to all run out so I can move every single one of them. Then working farthest to closest works as you mentioned.
Old Jul 20 2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
I found if I move the train car while selected, mouse down, then drag the entire farm around, stop moving, mouse up, then click it will accept the mouse click and place the train car appropriately.

Three solutions:

1) When moving a train car around, if it isn't going to accept a mouse click at the location it is at then turn off the green "it's OK to set the train car here" highlight.

2) When the green highlight is on, then accept the mouse click regardless of where the mouse is because the thing is green and this is a proper place for the train car. Currently it will not accept a mouse click even when it is highlighted green because it's apparently too close to another train car.

3) Allow us to hide trains. I haven't played with the make trains fuzzy when they are dispatched. This may also work.

Your solution also works if I somehow leave the trains to all run out so I can move every single one of them. Then working farthest to closest works as you mentioned.
Hi TsunamiVince,

Again, if you have any ideas or changes for the game, please post them in the Suggestions area of the forum for the develeopers to see.

The reason the hide was disabled for disptached trains is becuase it caused problems with dispatched trains. Whether they would want to look at that again to try and resolve the errors it casued, I don't know. At this time they are busy with more pressing issues.
Old Jul 20 2020, 04:10 PM
Account Not Linked

why am I having to unload my trains and dispatch them for the mayor to work all the farms ? before the manager was put in I sent my trains out if I thought about them 1 time a year if not it was longer and the mayor would work all farms.now that the manager is out when my trains arrive back the mayor will only show me how many factories are on the farm he lands on work them and tell me there is no more work on those farms.I then went and unloaded my trains sent them back out clicked on the same persons post and it worked all the farms that have factories.and please don't try to tell me it has been like that from the beginning because I know it hasn't.I just want my trains to set and stay loaded like the did before and the mayor work all factories like before.I am not one that like to unload and load trains back ever 4 or 5 days
Old Jul 20 2020, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis View Post
why am I having to unload my trains and dispatch them for the mayor to work all the farms ? before the manager was put in I sent my trains out if I thought about them 1 time a year if not it was longer and the mayor would work all farms.now that the manager is out when my trains arrive back the mayor will only show me how many factories are on the farm he lands on work them and tell me there is no more work on those farms.I then went and unloaded my trains sent them back out clicked on the same persons post and it worked all the farms that have factories.and please don't try to tell me it has been like that from the beginning because I know it hasn't.I just want my trains to set and stay loaded like the did before and the mayor work all factories like before.I am not one that like to unload and load trains back ever 4 or 5 days
Hi Hilda Jean Ellis,
I am sorry but we are not aware of any change to that as the developers did not mention it in any release or let us know that has changed.
We will test this and see if that is the case.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 21 2020, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis View Post
Hi Hilda,
We have tested this can't duplicate it. The only thing I can think of is that you unloaded your train instead of leaving it at the unload stage. If you did that then then trains would not work for the facility work.

Tags
boost train, can't boost train, can't dispatch train, connecting train cars, dispatch train, locomotive, long cars, missing train, train, trains and fac work, trains not working, unload train