Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 13 2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannygoose0655 View Post
I have been messing around on my farms trying to get them fixed up, but I can't remember how to put trees over or under the buildings. Could someone remind me how please?
Hi grannygoose

I'm sorry but we cant give instructions on any kind of layering on this forum.
Old Mar 13 2017, 06:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I REALLY wish I had known this before I bought them for me and my Super Neighbor. . My question now is are they going to make more of these extended tool ones that eventually will do more than the 16x16?
Or did I just totally waste my precious farmcash (400 FC!!!)on EIGHT tools that are of no real benefit??They should have made this more clear on their listings in the Store..
why did you buy 2 sets of tools? your super neighbor can use your tools, does not need own them his/her self...
Old Mar 14 2017, 07:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
I have no intention of buying these tools as the action of layering is not endorsed and the release of these tools is hypocritical in nature and a risk. Purchasing them would go against what I believe and am not prepared like so many here to take the risk of losing real cash. It was a question I put here in case others were unaware of the risk they are taking.

I don't think you are alone in that.
I am pretty sure the game owners knew that no one, no one needed or would ever bother to buy the 16x16 tools to operate on farms that were conventionally planted. We bought those tools because they sped up our overlapped plots, no other reason. Even a 40x40 farm takes a scant few seconds with a much smaller tool if it is conventionally planted.

They have basically thrown everyone who has played up to now under the bus as far as money spent on what can be assumed to soon be obsolete tools.
I am guessing they think new blood will move in and replace the folks that are angry over it and that money will make up for it.
Old Mar 16 2017, 06:36 AM

I have a concern that I'm not sure can be answered here because nobody knows what the devs are working on. Since I do not stack fields, the new tools are of no value to me and I did not buy them; but, historically, we have to buy each tool in order to get the next updated one ... so, if the devs make a larger tool available without the stacking objective, are we going to face spending many real dollars for these tools we won't use in order to get the next update?
Old Mar 16 2017, 10:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I have a concern that I'm not sure can be answered here because nobody knows what the devs are working on. Since I do not stack fields, the new tools are of no value to me and I did not buy them; but, historically, we have to buy each tool in order to get the next updated one ... so, if the devs make a larger tool available without the stacking objective, are we going to face spending many real dollars for these tools we won't use in order to get the next update?
Hi Dorissau,
You are correct we do not know what the developers have planned for future tools. There isn't any way for us to answer your question.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 01 2017, 09:00 AM

I bought the new Combine Harvest Plow EX(5x5). When i get hired to do a farm how come the EX 5x5 comes up automatically whether its a layered farm or a regular farm. i have a 16x16 Harvest Plow tool and i have to go to my toolbox everytime i get hired to do a regular farm and changed the tool.Why can't you have the EX 5x5 show up just for layered farms not for every farm and have the 16x16 Harvest/Plow come out for regular farms.
Old Apr 01 2017, 09:18 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemanwpb View Post
I bought the new Combine Harvest Plow EX(5x5). When i get hired to do a farm how come the EX 5x5 comes up automatically whether its a layered farm or a regular farm. i have a 16x16 Harvest Plow tool and i have to go to my toolbox everytime i get hired to do a regular farm and changed the tool.Why can't you have the EX 5x5 show up just for layered farms not for every farm and have the 16x16 Harvest/Plow come out for regular farms.
Hi freemanwpb,

The game will always pick your largest tool to work. You don't have to swap tools to work a single layer farm. When you have the tool in hand, look bottom right of your game screen for a picture of the tool. Click on it and choose the top icon "Highlight" for working single layer farm and it will work like the 16x16. Choose the one below that "Extent" for working overlapped fields.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 04 2017, 12:16 AM

Level:
XP:
Default advantages of new EXTENT tools

one great thing I have found using these new Extent tools is that I no longer have to keep one farm aside for Quest crops, I can put all 1 day crops on one farm, they are in lovely blocks, easy to plant, harvest and plow.. 2 day crops go on a farm that has 2 day trees, 3 day crops on a farm with 3 day trees, same for 4 and 5 day... by staggering planting on other farms and having 2 or 3 farms set out for each day, I always have crops ready.. no complaints from me at all!!!
Old Apr 04 2017, 11:26 PM

Your organisational skills are awesome. My trees are scattered al over the place and no way am I going to have the time to organize mine as well as you have. I have often thought about it and file that thought away.
Old Apr 05 2017, 02:53 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corogirl View Post
Your organisational skills are awesome. My trees are scattered al over the place and no way am I going to have the time to organize mine as well as you have. I have often thought about it and file that thought away.
when I get bored with farmtown, I start doing things like that and once started I am not happy til its done... it helps having all the great tools that make it easy,