Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 05 2021, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgold0541 View Post
Was able to do all steps 1-7 using Google Chrome browser. Can do steps 1-5 on Safari but not #6 or #7. Will not load new version from Facebook Farm town on Safari. Looks like if I am going to play it will have to be under Chrome. I do prefer Safari. Will it ever be played on Safari?
Hi Pgold,
I know a couple players that can load it in Safari, but not in Chrome, so it really depends on setup and version of your browser.
What version of Safari do you have? Is it the latest version?

Have you used Safari for playing the Flash version?

Do you have the cookies and pop ups allowed in Safari for Facebook and Farm Town like the settings in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Safari may set them up differently, but those are the ones that need to allowed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 05 2021, 07:35 PM

I use Windows 10 and have been able to open the HTML5 version using both Edge and Opera browsers. When I open the Items Storage and select Animals or All the pictures for the animals are not showing but their names and quantities do show. That is the same using both browsers. Certainly not a priority but think the developers should add it to their list.
Old Jan 05 2021, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46bill View Post
I use Windows 10 and have been able to open the HTML5 version using both Edge and Opera browsers. When I open the Items Storage and select Animals or All the pictures for the animals are not showing but their names and quantities do show. That is the same using both browsers. Certainly not a priority but think the developers should add it to their list.
Hi 46Bill,
All the animals are showing when I open the Item storage. Try setting the filter to Animals and see if they show up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:02 PM

Default Html5

I use Google Chrome and have also tried Microsoft Edge and can't get to my farm clicking on 'Try HTML5" Funny thing I gave my password to a friend and she went on Chrome on her computer, got into my account and accessed my farm under the new version and went right to my farm and saw everything. She sent me a screen shot of it.

I'm getting so frustrated that I might lose everything. I did what the instructions said to do if I had trouble getting in and this is what came up:

Ok 1, 2, 3 & 4 work for me. The things mentioned we should see do show up for me.

5&6 say I should see my default farm but it takes me to a generic green screen farm with nothing on it but some coins and FC which are not mine. I will try to post a pic of it. No luck in posting pic. Don't know how to do it right.

7 shows this:
Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Last edited by Sammac17; Jan 05 2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:06 PM

Hi Taz, for me the animal pictures are not showing when I select the animal filter or the all filter. This is the only thing I have found that is an issue and it has been like that since I first used the HTML5 release on 1/1/21.
Also, please thanks to the developers for making the small print larger.
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Pgold,
I know a couple players that can load it in Safari, but not in Chrome, so it really depends on setup and version of your browser.
What version of Safari do you have? Is it the latest version?

Have you used Safari for playing the Flash version?

Do you have the cookies and pop ups allowed in Safari for Facebook and Farm Town like the settings in the following link:

Safari may set them up differently, but those are the ones that need to allowed.
I have Safari, version 13.1.2 (MACOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6)
I have used Safari for playing Farm Town Flash version for 10+ years
I can find no place where cookies nor popups have been disallowed in either Facebook or Farm Town.
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to laurakal

Graphics Feature Status
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Unavailable

This is what I get from solution number 7

thank you
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammac17 View Post
I use Google Chrome and have also tried Microsoft Edge and can't get to my farm clicking on 'Try HTML5" Funny thing I gave my password to a friend and she went on Chrome on her computer, got into my account and accessed my farm under the new version and went right to my farm and saw everything. She sent me a screen shot of it.

I'm getting so frustrated that I might lose everything. I did what the instructions if I had trouble getting in and this is what came up:

Ok 1, 2, 3 & 4 work for me. The things mentioned we should see do show up for me.

5&6 say I should see my default farm but it takes me to a generic green screen farm with nothing on it but some coins and FC which are not mine. I will try to post a pic of it.

7 shows this:
Graphics Feature Status
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Hi Sammac,
Your friend was able to get to your farms because their Chrome is correctly set up.

For 5 & 6 at least it showed you the farms. It could be you were not logged into Facebook when you did those tests in which it would not know your ID to show the correct farms.

Please try something for me. Please check that you have cookies and pop ups allowed according to the instructions in the following link:
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46bill View Post
Hi Taz, for me the animal pictures are not showing when I select the animal filter or the all filter. This is the only thing I have found that is an issue and it has been like that since I first used the HTML5 release on 1/1/21.
Also, please thanks to the developers for making the small print larger.
Hi 46bill,
Then it is possible all the graphics didn't download for you. Please try clearing your browser cache, restart your browser and then reload the game.

Edit: II am sorry, I just checked again and they are missing. I know they were there in earlier builds. They may not be there now as those are animated and none of the animation has been done yet.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 05 2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old Jan 05 2021, 08:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgold0541 View Post
I have Safari, version 13.1.2 (MACOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6)
I have used Safari for playing Farm Town Flash version for 10+ years
I can find no place where cookies nor popups have been disallowed in either Facebook or Farm Town.
Hi Pgold,
They may not say they are disallowed. They may just not be allowed so generically are blocked. I am not familiar with Safari and don't have a Mac, so really can't give you specifics.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl