Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 15 2010, 07:12 AM

@ krbrown...... even if i give the person plenty of information about how much i have to harvest and ASK if they would like to do it all themselves or not...... i get some that say yes and some that say no, some don't reply until they have finished the first farm, but the majority say nothing just a "thanks" at the end and leave....... this is what annoys me the most. it is not too hard to press a couple of buttons N O two litle buttons!!! then i could leave them there and find someone else.

@angels, i have heard the mornings are better but i don't have time in the mornings to farm. I usually do my farming from about 8pm SA time.....

if any one wants to add me for a neighbour just put farmtown in the message..... if you like to harvest solo or i am happy to help out on others farms

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=735915319

Farming since July 2 2009
Old Aug 15 2010, 07:43 PM

I went to the Market place tonight, Tried to hire 4 different people to plow for me, not a one of them excepted.
I remember when any job you could get, you grabbed.
Old Aug 15 2010, 08:44 PM

I have trouble hiring at the market and when I do finally are able after 4 or 5 attempt , they refuse to harvest if it's not pineapples. fields of pineapples aren't as popular now with all the facilities , we have to plant smaller paying items and they don't like it . tuff !. I will harvest my own stuff and plow too .
it's their loss.
If they do come and harvest there is no more "thanks for the work "" or Hi
they just harvest and leave without a dang word . how rude !!!!!
so... I've given up on all of them .
Old Aug 15 2010, 10:59 PM

Prada, now and then you get someone who will thank you. I always thank the person who I work for.
Old Aug 16 2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginasue1 View Post
Prada, now and then you get someone who will thank you. I always thank the person who I work for.
it used to happen all the time people will thank you for the work.. now i barley see it.. i like to thank my workers for helping me out since i usualy sit in the market begging for workers i let them know the crop before so they know what they are getting.. when we get to the farm i say thanks for helping me on my farm.. used to get a your welcome, thank you or some variation.. but now its mainly oh your welcome.... i appreciate the your welcome but a thanks back would be nice.. not that that effects my game play just a little random kindness makes you smile lol
Old Aug 17 2010, 06:28 AM

Must amit I havn't read everything here, so apologies if this is repeated. I usually go once a day at least to hire someone to harvest, and also to plow. I stand on the market place and usually wait until someone speaks up. Wold add I also go to the market place to work and do the job offered.

I find most people are polite, say thankyou after a job and I always ask if it is ok to plow after harvesting. After all it is not a matter of life and death, but a game, and being friendly and polite doesn' cost anything.

Just would explain, I have 5 farms, but I do not plant one crop on each farm. spread it a bit for logistic reasons - you know keep the facilities going.

today I hired a girl to harvest and she stood on my farm, did a couple of plots and suddenly said "f**k off I am here to earn money. Being polite I told her no problem and added have a nice day. She then mumbled some sort of apology that her sister intervened or whatever. Didn't really interest me.

Actually she could have earned a lot if she had stayed, because I had quite a few different interesting crops to harvest.

Luckily I found afterwards one of the politer types who was happy to harvest on the five farms here and there and even plowed.

So what is this about. After all it doesn't cost money to be nice, and I thought it was a game.
Old Aug 17 2010, 09:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by missladyhawke View Post
Lately I've been having problems with hiring someone and then not getting the confirmation and then I hire someone else and then I have two people doing it and my farm isn't really that big. Anyone else having that too?
This has happened to me a good bit lately. I hire people and dont get the pop up window saying they have accepted. I try to hire in the early a.m. east coast USA time and it is difficult. I tend to give up and go to do it myself and then find someone harvesting when I didn't think I had gotten anyone to accept. I do try not to overhire, so it is an issue.
Old Aug 17 2010, 11:05 AM
Account Not Linked

I share your annoyance angloswiss. I too have 5 farms and am amazed at the number of times someone begs for work only to abandon my farms mid harvesting. 5 full farms of crops and plowing can often mean a full level move.

But it is only a game . Ho hum
Old Aug 17 2010, 12:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When I first stated playing, it seems that eeryone wanted to plow only so they could get experience points. Then it went to everyone wants to harvest only. Lately (last few weeks) I have had one heck of a hard time finding anyone who wants to work. seems like the market is filled with people who want to hire, and people selling their goods.

My personal preference in hiring is to hire one person to harvest and plow. I hate listening to people bicker ovr who gets to harvest what or who got to do more plots.

I do have one question, I haven't seen it posted in the forum and I have done a search, but maybe I missed it. Why is it some people want me to hire them twice for plowing, they say it makes it faster?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 17 2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8TCQ View Post

I do have one question, I haven't seen it posted in the forum and I have done a search, but maybe I missed it. Why is it some people want me to hire them twice for plowing, they say it makes it faster?
Hiring twice gets rid of the plow icon, making it so that you're just using your pointer to plow and not having that lag of the icon needing to be lined up, or jumping to a spot.

I *heart* plowing without the icon.