Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 22 2010, 05:44 PM

I think you'll find that those who are refusing to do the lower price crops are those who are at or around level 80 and don't need the money. This is another reason I'd like to see the levels of people before hiring. Those who are pretty new aren't so fussy, they will harvest anything.

I certainly don't need money but I will still harvest low cost crops in the HOPE that I will also be able to plow. But... what usually happens is, you finish the harvesting and there is no offer to plow. So, it's a huge waste of my time to harvest a huge field of raspberries if I cannot plow that same field. Even so, I harvest the stuff anyway. This was my fate all day yesterday.

It would be good if, when you hired a person to harvest, if you also asked them if they will plow as soon as they arrive at your farm. This way, they won't be so apt to leave in the middle of the job.

I would also like to see a limit on how many people one can hire to harvest/plow. It's mostly the newer people, they hire 5 people to harvest a 100 square patch. I just leave.

And, last but not least, I would like to see people hone up their manners a bit. If you harvest/plow a lot faster than someone else who is also working, don't hog up everything in sight. Leave some for the other guy. That's only good manners on your part. Teach others by doing it yourself.
Old May 22 2010, 06:13 PM

I find it helpful to click on an avatar in the market, choose send message, and then you see their level. If it's low, they are hungry!! Well, not all the time
If I plant raspberries for yogurt, I do them myself. They're being turned into something to begin with. Nobody will get rich on 12 coins a plot.
Old May 22 2010, 11:27 PM

ROI... sheesh. It's just a game. If you're an addict, it doesn't really matter what kind of work you do. I'm L80 too, and if I wanted to work, it wouldn't matter how I got it. I'm grateful for any work, when I'm seeking it. If everyone was planting 3 day crops, there wouldn't be much work at all in the marketplace and the game would be more frustrating than it already can be.
Old May 23 2010, 12:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
ROI... sheesh. It's just a game. If you're an addict, it doesn't really matter what kind of work you do. I'm L80 too, and if I wanted to work, it wouldn't matter how I got it. I'm grateful for any work, when I'm seeking it. If everyone was planting 3 day crops, there wouldn't be much work at all in the marketplace and the game would be more frustrating than it already can be.
I agree I'm on level 59 when I go to the market I'll say "harvest and/or plow no crops too small" I always get hired right away. I think because I'm willing to do even the small paying crops I get more jobs and that's when those coins start adding up.
Old May 23 2010, 08:18 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

But the "addict" isn't the person that Mia was addressing. She is having an issue with the "get big money, get points" people in the market, and they don't have the time or inclination to wade through cheap crops. They seem to be the majority. Even the Newbies learn fast to leave for better work if they end up on a farm with penny crops.

Face it - there are not enough addicts to go around in the Market Place.
Old May 23 2010, 10:14 AM

Default Working solo

So, the other day, a guy at the market place was venting about how frustrated he was about being hired with other people to plow. He was basically saying "If you aren't going to hire me to work solo, then don't hire me."

This rubs me the wrong way. As both the farmer and the worker. As a worker, I don't appreciate selfish people not being willing to share the work. Especially in recent times when it seems to me that there are fewer and fewer people interested in working.

As the farmer, this rubs me the wrong way, because I don't want selfish people working for me.

Now, having been in situations where farms can be overcrowded with workers, I would never consider griping about it because I am grateful for the work I am able to get, just as in real life.

I have enough common sense to realize when I hire people to work for me that if the job is small, I will hire less people. But, on the other hand, there are times when I am short on time and may need to hire multiple to get the job done in a short amount of time.

Bottom line for me, is that if you are hired to do a job, griping about the work, or how many workers there are, is a big no no. And I am less likely to hire someone to work for me who is griping.

Anyone else feel this way?
Old May 23 2010, 12:32 PM

I think those who are the addicts tend to do it themselves rather than hanging out at the market place. I know I do when it's a cheap crop. With harvesters, it doesn't take long to do it.

I have never hired a person that says "solo only"... although when I do hire, it's almost always solo unless I happen to have a large area and the person I hired is extremely slow. After I hire someone, I check their progress. If they're going like a jet plane, I leave it at that. If they're working at a snail's pace, I check their level - it's usually under 30 - I try to find another worker with a low level as well but I never hire more than 2 people for any job. I used to hire one to harvest, one to plow but realize that's not the best policy, especially with a low cost crop. The plower gets the better value so now, if I hire 2, they both harvest and plow.

It gets to be a sticky wicket because there are so many different kinds of people playing this game.

I also will not hire anyone who yells out "Hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee. They get an Ignore real fast. Nor will I hire anyone that says plow and nothing else. You certainly wouldn't go looking for a real job and say "job". Even when I've hired someone to harvest, they finish.. they have one word to say.. "plow". I hire someone else with more manners.
Old May 23 2010, 01:33 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
I agree I'm on level 59 when I go to the market I'll say "harvest and/or plow no crops too small" I always get hired right away. I think because I'm willing to do even the small paying crops I get more jobs and that's when those coins start adding up.
Likewise. At Level 64 now and with 2 million+ CT Coins, I just sometimes enjoy harvesting and/or plowing or harvesting trees for fun and a bit of challenge.
Old May 23 2010, 04:59 PM

I've liked everyone I've ever hired.
People aren't "begging", they're just getting the word out.
It doesn't concern me what the employee wants to farm. It I put a bid out to work and they accept, we're good.
Vintictiveness in an employer doesn't solve anything.
Xps are a nice way to reward good harvesters. We can't move up without xps.
You get back what you give.
It's only a game.
Old May 23 2010, 06:22 PM

Level:
XP:

I agree that it is getting harder and harder to hire harvesters, even plowers. I've resorted to doing it myself. How sad.

DB:W20, MPS:C20