Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 17 2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks for that, Alanlee! I didn't know that. Also, I noticed that when I get up in the early AM Calif time, most people are trying to hire, then later on in the morning the trend shifts to workers. Probably depends on whatever server you're on. I'd have to say my experience in hiring at the Marketplace (95% of the time I do hire from here) has been hugely rewarding. I have met some very nice people from all over the world who have the same interests as I do and we have really nice chats. I ignore the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's and if I'm hired and there's 10 other people, I just leave. I'm sure they never even notice!
Old May 17 2010, 07:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I've been playing since last July and have never lost a coin when selling while off line. I also go off line when I am working on my own farm, planting or moving stuff around and now fishing, if I don't want any company.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 17 2010, 09:51 PM

I'm in the Eastern US and I find morning is when the market is full of people trying to hire. I go to market only when neighbors and buddies are not online.

What really ticks me off is when I tell someone you must hide things to get all the crops/fields and they either ignore you or don't do it. I'm tired of explaining this again and again. I am happy to tell someone how to hide if they don't know, but at least acknowledge my response. I wonder if they speak English?

Rant over
Old May 17 2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamine View Post
I've had it with the market. I've been here a long time, almost since the game began. I fought with others to get work durring the bad times. Times when 2 trees or a couple of strawberry plants was gratefully recieved.

Now I love the extra farms, and I love the new facilities. What I do not love anymore is the workers in the market place. This one won't do strawberries, this one only looks at pineapples, this one will only plow and can only work alone. I ask for a worker, and it seems most farmers are too rich and high level to answer back. The market place has turned into the gathering place, people just stand arround and refuse any offers of work.

And when they do take the work on offer, they come to your farm, harvest one small plot, leave the trees, and then they go off. Yes they say thank you, but they don't do the work, I'm left with half the crops to do and tons of trees to harvest. Not to speak of my other 2 farms which I didn't get the chance to show them.

I'VE FINISHED HIRING FROM THE MARKET.. It's much too stressfull, from now on I'll harvest all the crops and trees on my farm and do the plowing myself.

I am of course available for work, which seems to come easily because I don't need pumpkins, can harvest or plow, will work alone or with others, as long as the farmer hasn't hired 8 to harvest and another 8 to plow.
I feel you, Miamine! It's such a shame.
Old May 17 2010, 10:49 PM

I'm never going back to the MP either. There's ongoing discussion about this in the thread All Discussion of Hiring and Hiring Practices -
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...298638&page=28

Check it out.
Old May 17 2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
If you go off line before you go to the market no one can see you and then you can sell your products in peace. Just click the green plug and make it red, go to market, sell stuff and then click it back to green if you want to hire or be hired.
What she said. I do all my selling offline now. I wish more people did this.
Old May 18 2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
I'm in the Eastern US and I find morning is when the market is full of people trying to hire. I go to market only when neighbors and buddies are not online.

What really ticks me off is when I tell someone you must hide things to get all the crops/fields and they either ignore you or don't do it. I'm tired of explaining this again and again. I am happy to tell someone how to hide if they don't know, but at least acknowledge my response. I wonder if they speak English?

Rant over
Now that just makes my point! the east coast is not awake when I am! You guys should get up at 3 am! AND a lot of people use the large screen when they are harvesting so don't see your messages. They are not ignoring you, they don't see you! (probably most of the time). And the English comment, well, this is an international game.......learn spanish?
Old May 18 2010, 02:00 AM

Level:
XP:

You make a good point. When I go to the Market (other than just to sell crops and products), I always make it a point to say I'll be glad to harvest, plow, both and/or do trees. And then carry through if someone hires me. True, this is a game, but ordinary politeness and responsibility still apply. So far, I've not had any problems with people that I've hired for my farms, but it does take longer to find someone who will accept a hiring request, often even if they've posted that they want to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamine View Post
I've had it with the market. I've been here a long time, almost since the game began. I fought with others to get work durring the bad times. Times when 2 trees or a couple of strawberry plants was gratefully recieved.

Now I love the extra farms, and I love the new facilities. What I do not love anymore is the workers in the market place. This one won't do strawberries, this one only looks at pineapples, this one will only plow and can only work alone. I ask for a worker, and it seems most farmers are too rich and high level to answer back. The market place has turned into the gathering place, people just stand arround and refuse any offers of work.

And when they do take the work on offer, they come to your farm, harvest one small plot, leave the trees, and then they go off. Yes they say thank you, but they don't do the work, I'm left with half the crops to do and tons of trees to harvest. Not to speak of my other 2 farms which I didn't get the chance to show them.

I'VE FINISHED HIRING FROM THE MARKET.. It's much too stressfull, from now on I'll harvest all the crops and trees on my farm and do the plowing myself.

I am of course available for work, which seems to come easily because I don't need pumpkins, can harvest or plow, will work alone or with others, as long as the farmer hasn't hired 8 to harvest and another 8 to plow.
Old May 18 2010, 02:02 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
What she said. I do all my selling offline now. I wish more people did this.
Thanks for that reminder.
Old May 18 2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridley View Post
I think there are two types of problems:

1. The accidental hiring problems
Suppose I go there and try to hire one or two people for a nice job. Honestly, I don't converse too much because most of the time I get ignored. So I send two requests... nothing. Two more, nothing. Two more, they accept. Meanwhile, persons 1-4 that I requested might have been busy selling crops, busy getting their child a snack or helping them in the bathroom, hiding their screen from their boss for a few minutes... who knows. Then they come back and accept the hire, and all of a sudden there are 6 people harvesting. I never intended to hire so many, I like to give good jobs to people when I can. I have been on the hiring side of this accidental issue, and I imagine there have been times I have been on the hired side of it as well. I am frequently off and on the computer with two homeschoolers here at home.

2. The purposeful hiring problems.
As described by the original poster, some people are just jerks about being hired. Sorry, I am usually jerky back. If I see:
"HIRRRRREEEE MMMEEE PLXXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ pineaples !!!"
I hire them... to find my one hidden peach tree.

If I see "Will do a solo job ONLY. Need work. Harvest AND plow ONLY!!!" Then I hire them... and 6 others.

If I can't finish a job for some reason, I let the person know.
My thoughts exactly!! I think there should be two markets.. 1 for people looking for work and one for farmers selling stuff. The ones who don't respond are there selling facility stuff that builds up very quickly in your storage. Then when they have sold everything they accept the offer to harvest or plough. I have done it myself occasionally. I offer work to up to 10 sometimes with no response then I get back to my farm and find half a dozen working there??? I wouldn't like it either and I am soooooo anti multi hiring but now I am finding I am a multi hirer myself and I do NOT like it.