Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2011, 04:29 PM

New Mobile sprinkler worked fine when I first got it but today it doesn't work on the crops. I watered one farm and then planted crops but they didn't show to be watered so I tried to water again and I get the message that a farm can only be watered once per day. Another farm I waited until I had crops planted and then watered but they still don't show to be watered and the growing time has not changed.
Old Sep 01 2011, 05:31 PM

am I understanding the info correct and that the red sprinkler when mouse hovered over it will show the time you can irrigate again or how many hours is left on current irrigation like the manure spreader does? if that is case, mine and many others I talked to shows nothing when the mouse is hovered over the red sprinkler
Old Sep 01 2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
am I understanding the info correct and that the red sprinkler when mouse hovered over it will show the time you can irrigate again or how many hours is left on current irrigation like the manure spreader does? if that is case, mine and many others I talked to shows nothing when the mouse is hovered over the red sprinkler

Here is the quote where Raul refers to the changes for the red sprinkler. Since it is listed as a "known issue" rather than a post release fix, it means they are working on making the change not that it has already been changed. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Known Issues - Aug 30, 11:15PM EST:

-Clydesdale too big: After checking users and mods feedback, we will not reduce the size of the Clydesdale horse, instead we will provide bigger alternative versions for current stables
-Sometimes the state (growth) of the crop and the mouseover information message don't match
-No information about when can you irrigate plants again: The time remaining for the next irrigation will be shown when you mouseover the sprinkler in the extended tool box icon, similar to the manure spreader behaivor
-To avoid confusion about when your plants were irrigated or not, the Sprinkler will only show the water animation when you are allowed to irrigate the plants
-Some users wants to revive flowers but without doubling growth speed for crops in that farm: The red sprinkler in addition to doubling the growth speed, will also extend the gone to waste time, so even if you double the growth speed unintentionally by reviving your flowers, you will have the same time as before to harvest your crops, this will effectively remove the need to have the brown water sprinkler in the toolbox or storage.

Last edited by LoreneC; Sep 01 2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old Sep 01 2011, 06:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
-Some users wants to revive flowers but without doubling growth speed for crops in that farm: The red sprinkler in addition to doubling the growth speed, will also extend the gone to waste time, so even if you double the growth speed unintentionally by reviving your flowers, you will have the same time as before to harvest your crops, this will effectively remove the need to have the brown water sprinkler in the toolbox or storage.
You say we no longer need the brown sprinkler okay I have 2 questions about that.

1. We have to buy the brown sprinkler before we can buy the red sprinkler, if you sell the brown sprinkler will the red one still work?
  2. Assuming the answer is yes to the first question, if there is an update to the red sprinkler at a later time and we must own the brown sprinkler and the red sprinkler before we buy the new sprinkler if we have sold the brown sprinkler will that cause a problem for us?

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 01 2011, 06:58 PM
Account Not Linked

The red sprinkler...such a great idea but still a mess. Maybe "super-poop" to speed growth would have been better, after all, instead of tying irrigation to watering. The red sprinkler is nigh unto useless with anything less than a 2-day crop. There are 2 problems. One (the lesser one) is that growth times, although expressed in terms of a 24-hour day, are still based on a 20-hour "FarmTown Day". The irrigating restriction, however, is based on a 24-hour day. Therefore, if we plant a 2-day (40-hour) crop and it grows in 20 hours, we still can't irrigate the next 2 day crop we plant for an additional 4 hours. This doesn't make sense. Of course, if they would remove the irrigating restriction all together, which they should since we have now paid $95 total farmcash for the red sprinkler, it would take care of the lesser problem. We should be able to irrigate right after we plant, since we are irrigating "crops", not "farms". They need to change it. <wave of hand>. BTW, great-looking dog, the border collie
Old Sep 01 2011, 07:18 PM

Just hired neighbor to harvest farm.. Tomatoe field said "ready to harvest" Waist 1.1 days and it was already waisted. I used my new "red sprinkler" to speed crop growth. Took a picture and posted it. don't know how to get it to ya. but any assistance or feedback greatly appreciated. But u guys are doing a fantastic job. Greatest game!!!!! Thanks for everything.
Old Sep 01 2011, 07:58 PM

This tool is an extension of the Brown Mobile Sprinkler, meaning, unlike the Manure Spreaders, you are irrigating the plants, not the farm, so if you plant new ones and you want them to grow twice as fast, you will have to irrigate them after you plant them.

I very seldom plant a whole farm with crops that are harvested at the same time. Therefore I need to irrigate the newly planted crops so they will grow twice as fast, but it does not work and yes I know how to work the irrigation system or I would not have gotten the first crops to show the F-W.
Is this a glitch? How do we get a crop planted on a farm already with growing crops irrigate to grow 2 x as fast and show the F-w?
Old Sep 01 2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romreader1066 View Post
Just hired neighbor to harvest farm.. Tomatoe field said "ready to harvest" Waist 1.1 days and it was already waisted. I used my new "red sprinkler" to speed crop growth. Took a picture and posted it. don't know how to get it to ya. but any assistance or feedback greatly appreciated. But u guys are doing a fantastic job. Greatest game!!!!! Thanks for everything.

Indeed that is what I just posted elsewhere.. crops grow in half the time, so unless you sit and crop sit... they die too soon.
++

MAIN ACCOUNT
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=690252375
Old Sep 01 2011, 08:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Woods View Post
This tool is an extension of the Brown Mobile Sprinkler, meaning, unlike the Manure Spreaders, you are irrigating the plants, not the farm, so if you plant new ones and you want them to grow twice as fast, you will have to irrigate them after you plant them.

I very seldom plant a whole farm with crops that are harvested at the same time. Therefore I need to irrigate the newly planted crops so they will grow twice as fast, but it does not work and yes I know how to work the irrigation system or I would not have gotten the first crops to show the F-W.
Is this a glitch? How do we get a crop planted on a farm already with growing crops irrigate to grow 2 x as fast and show the F-w?
You can only irrigate a farm once every 24 hours so if you are trying to irrigate more often then that that is what your problem is.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 01 2011, 08:57 PM

It's interesting that the Border Collie and the Baby Deer are the same size. LOL

Love the Collie bought one for every farm

Fritz
Closed Thread