Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 08 2010, 06:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Rose View Post
Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.
As for chatting it's possible the person(s) didn't notice you chatting to them. I know for me I'm paying attention to what I'm doing not to the chat box. I also like to work in full screen so when I do notice that the farmer has said something I have to stop and take it off full screen to respond.
Old Jul 08 2010, 02:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Rose View Post
Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
As for chatting it's possible the person(s) didn't notice you chatting to them. I know for me I'm paying attention to what I'm doing not to the chat box. I also like to work in full screen so when I do notice that the farmer has said something I have to stop and take it off full screen to respond.
When I'm hired to work I feel like I'm there to work not chat. Like snow angel said I work in full screen so I don't always see that the employer has said something to me, but if they do I will respond. I don't say hello I get right to work because I don't know how many other people are coming. I do say thank you but at the end of the job.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 08 2010, 07:21 PM

Question Why are people so rude?????

Whenever new items are added, there are always glitches. The past week or so my worst glitch is not getting a reply when I hire someone. The fact is, those people aren't getting the hire requests! And sometimes, after I finally get someone hired, 2 or 3 of the people I tried to hire earlier are there working, but I've gotten no reply that they're coming to work!

I have asked about this in the market & was bashed today for asking if anyone else was having problems hiring! One gal commented that people aren't answering my question because they aren't having a problem. Then why not say "no I'm doing fine", etc? Anyway, that gal blasted me because she said I was fussing at another guy in another market before that. When I told her the only reason I was talking to that guy was because he was calling farmers some truly nasty names & using vulgar language, so I reported him. To that she replied that she would ignore me. Weird!

It's just a game people, no need to be nasty, rude, vulgar or down right mean! There are kids that play this game, what lesson are they learning? If the adults want to talk like that at home, that's their business, but why do do it here?

Whew, now I feel better!
Old Jul 08 2010, 07:45 PM

Default Not answering

I have the exact problem you are talking about. No answering, then more than one person on my farm. I have also hired someone, they answered, but not shown.
Old Jul 08 2010, 07:49 PM

You do have an ignore button for the rude people... why let it bother you? Just put them on your ignore and end of issue - quite right, it's a game.

I sometimes don't answer people at the market anymore - not to be rude - I'm in the midst of "selling" and up pops a hiring request. Sometimes (lots) my storage is still opening and won't close - therefore I really can't answer them.

It's how they have it set up - it really should automatically put you invisible or something when you're selling - I think that would help a lot.

I hope you feel better - I've met mostly great people in here... sure some jerks - but the majority are great - and the jerks... That's what the ignore button is for - Learn to use it.. LOL
Old Jul 08 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnita View Post
You do have an ignore button for the rude people... why let it bother you? Just put them on your ignore and end of issue - quite right, it's a game.

I sometimes don't answer people at the market anymore - not to be rude - I'm in the midst of "selling" and up pops a hiring request. Sometimes (lots) my storage is still opening and won't close - therefore I really can't answer them.

It's how they have it set up - it really should automatically put you invisible or something when you're selling - I think that would help a lot.

I hope you feel better - I've met mostly great people in here... sure some jerks - but the majority are great - and the jerks... That's what the ignore button is for - Learn to use it.. LOL

When you go and sell at the market put yourself off line then you won't be bother by the hiring request , then put yourself back online if you wish- problem solved !
Old Jul 09 2010, 10:00 AM

I will get to work, but if the owner feels chatty and makes conversation, I will chat. I do make sure to thank the person who hires me (when I bother to work... I'm L100, I haven't worked for anyone in months). I don't work in fullscreen because I like to see if the owner has instructions or requests (like do x crop first, it's time sensitive).
Old Jul 09 2010, 10:35 AM

Often you will not get a reply as that person is probably selling. When I am selling I often get requests but will not acknowledge the request as I need to concentrate on what I am doing.
Old Jul 09 2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshawdave View Post
I have the exact problem you are talking about. No answering, then more than one person on my farm. I have also hired someone, they answered, but not shown.

It happens that one individual can get hired by more than one other farmer..... and they might get both requests, one on top of the other.... if they accept the first, they cannot respond to the second.

I have noticed a lag, or delay in the time someone agrees to be hired, I go to my farm, and then they show up..... 10 seconds or so later

Lately, I harvest 3 or 4 farms at a time....and if I hire to plow, I will hire one, and "do errands" while they head to the farm. Then a hire a second to do the other farm.... and "do errands". Then I go to the first farm to make sure there is a worker, offer double hire and repeat at the second farm

..... kind of like getting into a flow of things.

Additionally, if I have the crop that is headed for a facility, and am in a hurry, I will harvest myself 4 times as fast, and plow myself. Only the plowing costs a little more - 5 coins for 600-1000 patches. No biggie
Old Jul 09 2010, 11:54 AM

Default hiring and looking for work

it would be a help if there was places for people to stand in the market when selling produce, looking for work, and for hiring people. It doesn't feel good when people are trying to hire you when you are trying to sell your produce. I feel bad because people tried to hire me and I didn't see it. They could of hired someone else in that time.
Also if you are trying to hire someone, and people keep trying to hire you, they could actually be trying to hire someone actually looking for work.