Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2010, 09:14 AM
Account Not Linked

I am on wf45 and mine is the same as it has been for over a week. It starts out fast and after harvesting 3-4 plots it boots me,then after I get hired again and if it doesn't boot me it is fast but after harvesting around 200 plots you can see it is starting to slow down,then around 300 your guy gets behind where you are harvesting and after it gets behind so far like around 50-60 you lose connection and have to reboot the game,then when you get back its the same way either boots you or lets you harvest fast til you have done well like I said before its all the same no changes,its fine if you are hired by a friend or neighbor you can go back to the farm but if its someone from mp your out of luck,you have to get it fixed,soon
Old Jan 08 2010, 10:10 AM

This has been mentioned in the past but bears repeating. The more applications and windows one has open while playing the game the more issues you will have. Streaming music from another site, and surfing the web on yet another window, and chatting away on IM your Yahoo all at the same time will indeed have an impact on your game experience regardless of the power of your computer. We all get so used to the newer more powerful machines we sometimes forget there are limits at some point. For those of you who are still slow, try cutting down just a bit on your extra activities while playing the game.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1239357450 This is a link to my farm.
Old Jan 08 2010, 10:21 AM
Account Not Linked

I have evened turned all my spyblockers and virus scans off just to test mine and it still does the same thing,slows down I am running a T2500 @2.00 GHZ with 3GB of ram.So it shouldn't be slowing me down like it does just sitting here watching the task manager without doing anything on a farm it is holding at 56-65% all the time and thats on my 2nd farm with nothing but 800 plots planted with coffee. no animals no nothing.So that can't be what is slowing it down.
Old Jan 08 2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellshere View Post
This has been mentioned in the past but bears repeating. The more applications and windows one has open while playing the game the more issues you will have. Streaming music from another site, and surfing the web on yet another window, and chatting away on IM your Yahoo all at the same time will indeed have an impact on your game experience regardless of the power of your computer. We all get so used to the newer more powerful machines we sometimes forget there are limits at some point. For those of you who are still slow, try cutting down just a bit on your extra activities while playing the game.
By process of elimination, I have found this too be an exact of the
problems I was having. Thanks for repeating it. I generally shut
down the Yahoo and the AOL Radio player attached to my
Firefox before starting my Zen farming sessions.

ellshere, any ideas on when there will be a new set of levels?

Signed,

Level 60

heehee

Old Jan 08 2010, 10:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyro View Post
I can harvest and plow my own farm and others but I get absolutely no experience points for anthing except plowing. If I harvest my own or others, I am awarded no points just the coins.
It has always been that way. Harvesting never gives experience points--only coins. Points come from plowing, planting, purchasing, and tending neighbors.
The mansion is STILL available at 150,000 points and 1 million coins, just like it always was. Only the level number has changed. Don't look at the level number; look only at the XP and coins, which HAVE NOT CHANGED.

There is a known issue with levels for those with 1 million XP or more, and the devs are working on it. Please read the first post in the following thread and follow the instructions:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264634
Old Jan 08 2010, 11:10 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWP View Post
I have evened turned all my spyblockers and virus scans off just to test mine and it still does the same thing,slows down I am running a T2500 @2.00 GHZ with 3GB of ram.So it shouldn't be slowing me down like it does just sitting here watching the task manager without doing anything on a farm it is holding at 56-65% all the time and thats on my 2nd farm with nothing but 800 plots planted with coffee. no animals no nothing.So that can't be what is slowing it down.
I too have done the same to test my system over the past few weeks. i have plenty of ram, power, and internet connection and run nothing except norton in the background. I agree there's more slowing it than my apps., which are not on. thanks for the suggestion though... it might help others.
Old Jan 08 2010, 11:54 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

A new update has been released a couple of min ago (7:10 EST) with the following fixes:

1. The complains about the avatar been slow for some users when working for others should be now much less frequent or none at all, these should be noticeable mostly by users with slower computers.

2. Correction of the harvest counter on the storage

3. Tools are a little bit smaller now

Thanks

--Raul
Ok well that idea didnt work so well. All morning the people working on my farms are really really slow. They are complaining and i see how slow it is and they are now waiting to collect coins and Xp again before they accept the next hire request. What happened it was so much better 2 upgrades ago?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 08 2010, 12:08 PM

Hi I'm on WF41 and no change for me, sorry. my avartar zooms through the work but the coins can take up to an hour to catch up. I don't bother trying to plow if I have got a harvest job it is so frustrating.
I don't understand why we can't go back to the release when the coins came out of your head.
Thanks for a great game lets hope you can get us all sorted out
Thanks
JP
just been working and got booted coins still slow.

Last edited by J P Duck; Jan 08 2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add to
Old Jan 08 2010, 12:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Wanna Fix IT?? Roll it back to the Pre-Dec 22nd Update and set up up a test bed for the Update and Fix it BEFORE you roll it out. Simple Really
Old Jan 08 2010, 02:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG57 View Post
Wanna Fix IT?? Roll it back to the Pre-Dec 22nd Update and set up up a test bed for the Update and Fix it BEFORE you roll it out. Simple Really

The game is in beta meaning we are all beta testers for the game we are the test bed for testing out updates. As for fixing it for me and most others I have talked to it is now fixed.

I have been to the market now and the harvesting and plowing is fast I did run into the slowness that was there on some farms before but after yesterdays update it is working great now. Thank you.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread