Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31 2009, 12:04 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

...and i agree with "skyrange"...the past week was really bad and it would be nice to have an info box to know what's new and what's going on

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 31 2009, 12:15 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Something is going on. The servers are down until 2:30AM EST.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 31 2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Dana View Post
One issue I have with the new Avatar movement is it is darn near impossible to catch a hired hand and rehire them for plowing!
At least in the most recent version they are close to the end of the work done when they are eligible for rehire.
The other issue I have is if you are clicking near your Avatar, it often interferes with the plot you selected. I have to get around this by sending my avatar elsewhere and clicking fast to stay ahead of him when he starts to catch up. I guess it makes a new mini-game within the game.
This is a great game and I appreciate your continued efforts to improve the game!
I agree! I have to zoom my farm in really close and waste time trying to catch them so I can rehire them. I liked the FT farmers in the old days (last Spring) when they would WALK instead of frantically hopping everywhere.
Old Dec 31 2009, 12:57 AM

Default Amen!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapelt View Post
I agree totally. I just finished three jobs in a row where I got little or nothing because of this "already done" ****. In each case there was at least a half dozen people working at the same time. I tried to work areas where no one was working, but even when there were dozens of unharvested plots (at least as far as I could tell) between me and the nearest worker I was getting "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" again and again. OK, I go over to this corner of the farm, nope, it's "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" I'll try another section it's "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done".

I think that FT needs to restrict hiring in the MP to 2 harvesters and 2 plowers. If you want to hire all your neighbors at once, fine. But don't do this in the MP. It is very unfair to us, because we have no idea of how many people you are hiring until we get there and it is simply impossible to avoid "already done" garbage when there are too many workers. It just simply dosen't matter how untouched an area of the farm looks or how remote it is from anyone else. You get "already done" "already done" "already done" for all your efforts.

When hiring for a large field I hire 2 harvesters with 2 plowers behind them. When hiring for a small field I hire 1 harvester and 1 plower. This is what we need to do until this problem is fixed, and until then I would like FT to make an absolute cap on hiring in the MP to 2 harvesters and 2 plowers. This would be a quick and easy way to allieviate the misery until a real solution is found.
I agree whole heartedly with Tapelt. Too many times you go to a job and find so many other farmers hired that it is difficult to find one unharvested or unplowed plot. Usually, I find these are people that are at work and have to hurry to get their farms done so that no one at work will discover them -- working -- not in real time -- but in Farm Town time.
Old Dec 31 2009, 01:46 AM

Don't be rediculous .... just deal with it! Who cares ... if there's too many people and you don't want to partake ... move on, for heaven's sake!
Closed Thread