Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 23 2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytinPA View Post
The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(
As has been pointed out, you do not have to get all the container cars ready before dispatching the ship. But you're right. It does give those of us on Social Security, disability, retired, or on vacation an advantage!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinni View Post
So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.
Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:09 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:36 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...
Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point.
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 23 2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.
So again, what is the point of having more than one ship? I must be missing something ???

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8617&farm_ix=6
Old Dec 23 2016, 12:46 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMare View Post
Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point.
So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2016, 12:52 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 23 2016, 12:55 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.
But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2016, 01:30 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.
Hi NooNoo,

You can post your worries in the New Release thread and when Raul reads all the members posts in there, he may add to his post more information.

I can't help you with neighbours that are away on holiday, but the Ships Logbook does show you the picture of the neighbour your ship is at. If you go to the Neighbours tab at the top of your game screen and perhaps set it to "Activity" you should be able to find your friend there and if you click on their name it will take you to their FB profile so you could send a message that way if the ships been stuck at their port for many hours.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 23 2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old Dec 23 2016, 02:27 PM

Level:
XP:

And if the neighbour doesn't do ships so is never going to look in the ship tool?

This is the feedback forum. I am giving Feedback. Perhaps Raul can read the feedback thread???

Visit 's Farm