Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old Aug 10 2014, 03:03 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annamary A View Post
A creeper visited my farm and started to chat me up. FT message 1 - How old are you? FT message 2 - Where do you live? FT message 3 - an inquiry into the size of my breasts. I have no idea who this horny slimeball is (since avatars often have fake names, like Old Macdonald or Daisy Mae) so I couldn't report him to FB. I did follow him back to his farm - and either he's a newbie (only 1 farm and 6 separated fields and a few trees) or he's not actively playing, just using FT to stalk women. I guess my question is - Have any of you had this problem? And if so, what did you do about it? Is this a widespread problem?

#Sexual Harassment
I have moved your post to the thread about this abuse. I am sorry this had to happen to you. You can report them to Slashkey, by clicking on their avatar and selecting report abuse in the menu. This will not only report them but will also block them from seeing you on Farm Town or you seeing you. Also we recoomend that you do not reply to any messages he sends you. By not doing so then he will not have any way to send you any more messages.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Aug 12 2014, 02:07 AM
ccheney's Avatar
ccheney ccheney is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 01 2013
Posts: 487
Default

I got the same messages.From the description of the farm it sounds like the same person. Unfortunately the jerk is never on his farm so I can't block/report him. I have not and will not reply to the messages.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Sep 06 2014, 09:25 AM
Hindfeet Hindfeet is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jun 28 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
If you are talking about for the forums there isn't a way to cancel your account here. The only thing you can do is not respond to any of the emails and they will stop as you only get one email when someone replies to your post. After that you will not get another email if you don't post.
Hi Taz,

I don't understand why we cannot cancel our account in the forums. I love to play FT, I believe it is the best game on FB. I am way ahead of the game, there is nothing left for me to accomplish so I am going into retirement lol, and I would like to unsubscribe from the forums. I know you cannot do anything about it, but I am disappointed that the forums is a no-way out situation and I don't understand why. If I had known I wouldn't have signed up. Thanks much, and have a great day .
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Sep 06 2014, 09:46 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindfeet View Post
Hi Taz,

I don't understand why we cannot cancel our account in the forums. I love to play FT, I believe it is the best game on FB. I am way ahead of the game, there is nothing left for me to accomplish so I am going into retirement lol, and I would like to unsubscribe from the forums. I know you cannot do anything about it, but I am disappointed that the forums is a no-way out situation and I don't understand why. If I had known I wouldn't have signed up. Thanks much, and have a great day .
Hi Hindfeet,
Even though there is no way to close your account here it is not a problem. You can go to the User CP and unsubscribe to any threads or forums you are subscribed to so you do not get any email notifications. Then if you never log in again and post, you will not get any notifications of anything going on in the forums. Your account becomes dormant. I belong to many forums that I have not been back into for years and am not even sure I could remember the pass word or ID to get in. Those accounts are not active and cause no problems to me. I get no emails from them. Nothing to worry over.
You may want to come back some day and see what is new. As long as you don't post then you will still get no email notifications from the forum. Many of us including me are way ahead of the game in experience points. I play because I enjoy it and the interaction I get from my friends and neighbors not to get ahead. Sorry to see you retire but someday maybe you will want to come back and your farms and forum account will still be here waiting for you.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Sep 14 2014, 06:20 PM
CareTerr CareTerr is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 10 2010
Posts: 24
Default rules for marketplace

When I go to the marketplace to sell my stored goods, I sometimes have to put up with rude people that keep asking me to give them what they want. I change the message on my avatar and I kept saying "no" and even sending a message to them. It got worse. I was unable to continue.

The person's avatar was called "Egay" and had a green mohawk male outfit.
I have had trouble with this person before. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Sep 14 2014, 06:30 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTerr View Post
When I go to the marketplace to sell my stored goods, I sometimes have to put up with rude people that keep asking me to give them what they want. I change the message on my avatar and I kept saying "no" and even sending a message to them. It got worse. I was unable to continue.

The person's avatar was called "Egay" and had a green mohawk male outfit.
I have had trouble with this person before. Thanks
Hi CareTerr,
I moved your post to the thread about these problems. I am sorry you are having this problem. Unfortunately we can not do anything about it just from the player's avatar name as that is not unique and many could have the same name.
However, there is something you can do that will stop them. Next time you see them click on their avatar and from the menu you can block them if they are just annoying or if it is of a sexual nature you can Report them which will also block them. You will no longer see them or receive messages from them. You have to do this as we cannot go just by the avatar name.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Oct 07 2014, 07:28 AM
sassybuttercup383 sassybuttercup383 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 14 2010
Posts: 6
Default Issue with a player!

I recently had to delete and block someone from Facebook as she was a confirmed hacker in another game I play. I can't remove her from Farm Town as she is not on my Farm Town list at all. She has sent me three messages now telling me to delete her even though I have told her I cannot! How can I get her out of my game?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Oct 07 2014, 08:46 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybuttercup383 View Post
I recently had to delete and block someone from Facebook as she was a confirmed hacker in another game I play. I can't remove her from Farm Town as she is not on my Farm Town list at all. She has sent me three messages now telling me to delete her even though I have told her I cannot! How can I get her out of my game?
Hi Sasyybuttercup,
I moved your post to the blocking thread. If she is not in your neighbor list then what you need to do to stop the messages is to click on her avatar and in the menu is a selection to Block them. That will stop the messages and you won't see them again.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Oct 07 2014, 08:56 AM
sassybuttercup383 sassybuttercup383 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 14 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sasyybuttercup,
I moved your post to the blocking thread. If she is not in your neighbor list then what you need to do to stop the messages is to click on her avatar and in the menu is a selection to Block them. That will stop the messages and you won't see them again.
Thank you. I will see what is in that thread, as I don't have her avatar since she was never a neighbor!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Oct 07 2014, 09:11 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybuttercup383 View Post
Thank you. I will see what is in that thread, as I don't have her avatar since she was never a neighbor!
From her message you can tell when she is on, by the green dot. Then you can go to her farm from that message too.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
block, ignore, report, unblock, unwanted messages

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.