Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 28 2012, 11:21 AM

[quote=cbeckner80;5295782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragis View Post
Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game.

It's sort of like third grade (and life). If one person takes advantage of something and finds a loophole, then everyone gets punished.
I agree But at the same time great update with the turbo boat (when it is fixed) it will make it so much easier fishing

on Chat Server: F3, Farm Server: w203
Old Sep 28 2012, 11:35 AM

Not nice sneaking in the update while I was gone! Great update as usual! I sure do love the boat! Also farm 16 and the new people! Many thanks!!
Old Sep 28 2012, 11:42 AM

I can not work my neighbors farms, last time I worked them was Wednesday morning, over 48 hours ago. I would use the memcache to fix that issue, as I only work each neighbor who posts once a day. Please bring that back as now I am not getting any goods for 2 days now. Yeah, the upgrades are nice but next time please leave well enough alone. If someone abuses, then it should be locked on a case by case system, not all use farmers who use it to fix our bugs. Thank you.
Old Sep 28 2012, 11:58 AM

[quote=cbeckner80;5295782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragis View Post
Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game.

It's sort of like third grade (and life). If one person takes advantage of something and finds a loophole, then everyone gets punished.
Granted, however, this is not the third grade, this is a game. 90% of my friends who play Farm Town are adults (99% of those are over 30) who do not need a nanny to go behind them and clean up their messes, they know how to do it themselves. This is what the memcache was for, to clean up the messes that the developers didn't care to address because it was a matter of actually reading through thousands of lines of code to find a single misplaced letter/command.

To the person who said something about it staying Beta so it could stay free: If Facebook is public they should be paying the game creators to keep their games on Facebook's servers since this is what keeps people playing and staying with Facebook. I have beta tested dozens of games since I was in college (more years ago than I care to think about) and the ones that came out of beta testing and remained a free game site. I keep checking back with the ones I really enjoyed and they are still free and still have 10,000 to 80,000 active players (active meaning 1 login for 1-3 hours each day).

These are my opinions, agree or don't agree.
Old Sep 28 2012, 12:18 PM

Hi everyone!

The memcache link was causing problems within the game due to misuse and overuse. We are currently looking at various options and would ask for your patience in the meantime.

We will shortly be opening a new troubleshooting thread on this subject.. so for the time being any further posts about the memcache link in this thread may be removed.

Thanks.
Old Sep 28 2012, 12:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

molly mew, why is my turbo boat not giving me the 2X? guess the mods dont no the answer
Old Sep 28 2012, 12:44 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
molly mew, why is my turbo boat not giving me the 2X? guess the mods dont no the answer
The boat doesn't give you 2x, bait does, did you have bait when you fished your own farms? Just tried on mine, working here.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 28 2012, 01:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
The boat doesn't give you 2x, bait does, did you have bait when you fished your own farms? Just tried on mine, working here.

i get 2X from the river but not he big bodies of water
Old Sep 28 2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
i get 2X from the river but not he big bodies of water
Hi, do you have both types of bait ?
Old Sep 28 2012, 01:19 PM

Hi , the search function should now be fixed and the purple boat should now work as intended.
Closed Thread