Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 06 2011, 12:52 AM

I had been using Rixty to purchase Farm Town green cash. I only wished, that I knew of this change eairler, BEFORE I dumped money into it. For all of the previous statements above, is why I do not use my credit cards for this. I went and checked my ' Face Book ' credits, and I have only a few. The ease of playing farm Town is why I have basically blocked all my other game apts except for Farm Town .. and now this. Im not sure how this is going to work, but I can say, I hope it does not make me want to stop playing FT, as over the past year, I noticed that the better ' tools and facilities ' are only gotten from the green FT cash. If it is difficult for me to obtain the nicer tools that FT brings out.. then there will be no fun here in FT. Farm Town, you may have no control with Facebook's policy .. but you DO have a choice with what we as players are able to get and not get with the new Facebook's requirement.

Cathy.
Old Jul 06 2011, 09:02 AM

I guess they said screw you on the error b/c the money left my paypal acct this morning....that sucks. Good thing i always have money in there otherwise I would have been in trouble. I guess I could look at this in a positive way and say that with the 276 fc I have now, I have enough to last a bit.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Jul 06 2011, 09:13 AM

I really really wish there was a way to fix this. I wish I had a long heads up and I would have loaded up on farmcash.

I AM NOT giving facebook my paypal information. They have had too many problems. I also LOVED that buying cash for this game was easy.

And I also loved that there was a fair exchange.

My ONLY experiences with the facebook credits were the few free ones they gave everyone and a small gift card I got as a christmas stocking stuffer.

I got so LITTLE GAME credit in return it was a massive waste of money for the gift card.

UNLESS something happens to make facebook credits more equal to spending real money, sadly I will never buy anything else for the game.

And I own all the pay facilities and factories and all the pay equipment I wanted.

I never waste it on decorations, but I never minded paying for things like the combine.

I wish there was a way to tell facebook OFF. I already hate zynga, and now I am hating facebook also.

Why or why are they messing the with the best game with the best service in their system?????

And how can we really let the slashkey people know how upset we are?
Old Jul 06 2011, 09:20 AM

Plus I bet they exempt zynga. Those plastic zynga gift cards are at the check out register of half the stores in my town. Certainly all of those are not going to be worthless.

And if gift cards are exempt, then get us some farmtown gift cards at walgreens, target, walmart, and such.

Instantly.
Old Jul 06 2011, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommom View Post
I really really wish there was a way to fix this. I wish I had a long heads up and I would have loaded up on farmcash.

I AM NOT giving facebook my paypal information. They have had too many problems. I also LOVED that buying cash for this game was easy.

And I also loved that there was a fair exchange.

My ONLY experiences with the facebook credits were the few free ones they gave everyone and a small gift card I got as a christmas stocking stuffer.

I got so LITTLE GAME credit in return it was a massive waste of money for the gift card.

UNLESS something happens to make facebook credits more equal to spending real money, sadly I will never buy anything else for the game.

And I own all the pay facilities and factories and all the pay equipment I wanted.

I never waste it on decorations, but I never minded paying for things like the combine.

I wish there was a way to tell facebook OFF. I already hate zynga, and now I am hating facebook also.

Why or why are they messing the with the best game with the best service in their system?????

And how can we really let the slashkey people know how upset we are?
Quote:
Plus I bet they exempt zynga. Those plastic zynga gift cards are at the check out register of half the stores in my town. Certainly all of those are not going to be worthless.

And if gift cards are exempt, then get us some farmtown gift cards at walgreens, target, walmart, and such.

Instantly.
The Facebook credits are worth 10 cents each, if you want to buy lets say 55 Farm Cash and that used to cost us $19.99, then you buy $20.00 worth of Facebook credits and get 200 of them. The price hasn't changed just because you are buying credits first. Think of it as a currency exchange and Facebook has their own currency that will work for all their games.
Zynga is not exempt, they have had those cards out since way before Facebook forced all games to use credits. In fact Zynga was one of the larger game companies Facebook forced into testing the program.
As far as Slashkey putting out cards of their own look at it this way. Zynga is a multi-billion dollar company with a lot of games. Slashkey is a small company with only one game. Zynga could afford to take the initial loss to get the cards out, but I doubt that Slashkey would be able to outlay that much money to do it without causing a big cashflow problem.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 06 2011, 11:51 AM
Account Not Linked

Well, went to buy myself a prepaid card today (a wallie card) and purchased 55 FC with it. I must admit it worked great. I had some money left over on the card and together with the bits I had left over on other cards, I was able to purchase another 25 FC. Together with the 17 FC I still had, I now have a totale of 97 FC
Bring on those updates LOL
Old Jul 06 2011, 02:25 PM

I just won't be spending any money on the game and I could just cry about that. \

I don't trust facebook. They will NOT get my banking information to buy from them.

Second, it is WAY too much trouble to have to leave the house, go to a store, buy a gift card, then buy face book money just to finally buy something from the ONLY game I buy for.

I usually buy the one that gives you about 250 at a time, but I bought a good bit with the last update. I own all the pay facilities.

Is there NO recourse?

Seriously, nothing we can do?

So very sad.
Seriously, I bet farmtown has a pretty serious loss of revenue over this.

And unless facebook is taking a cut, what is in this for them?

So there has to be some sort of loss of money.

Again I HATE facebook to be as addicted to this game as I am. I think they will give our information out, and if they have banking information, they will not keep it secure.

I really wish I had bought some cash a day or two ago, and I would have if they had given us a heads up.

Guess I will have to make the hundred or so bucks I have last a long time, and I won't be buying any more super chickens--it seems eggs are what I run out of the most.
Old Jul 06 2011, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I just won't be spending any money on the game and I could just cry about that. \

I don't trust facebook. They will NOT get my banking information to buy from them.

Second, it is WAY too much trouble to have to leave the house, go to a store, buy a gift card, then buy face book money just to finally buy something from the ONLY game I buy for.

I usually buy the one that gives you about 250 at a time, but I bought a good bit with the last update. I own all the pay facilities.

Is there NO recourse?

Seriously, nothing we can do?

So very sad.
Seriously, I bet farmtown has a pretty serious loss of revenue over this.

And unless facebook is taking a cut, what is in this for them?

So there has to be some sort of loss of money.

Again I HATE facebook to be as addicted to this game as I am. I think they will give our information out, and if they have banking information, they will not keep it secure.

I really wish I had bought some cash a day or two ago, and I would have if they had given us a heads up.

Guess I will have to make the hundred or so bucks I have last a long time, and I won't be buying any more super chickens--it seems eggs are what I run out of the most.
Unless you bought FC using Paypal from the top method on the old page, then FT was already losing a cut to Super Rewards for processing all the rest of the methods, so switching to Facebook should not be costing them anymore.
I can understand that there is always a chance of financial information being hacked, but this is true with any on-line transaction. Facebook has never reported any breach of financial information and by law they would have to report it. If you don't want to use them and don't want to use prepaid or cash cards then that is of course your decision. I just hate to see Farmtown have to suffer for no reason and because it is beyond their control.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 06 2011, 08:59 PM

Ok, so if we go through paypal to buy the credits why would facebook have our credit card. The way it was before farmtown would have had the information if it were available right? I have never had a problem buying farmcash with paypal before.
Old Jul 06 2011, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanah View Post
Ok, so if we go through paypal to buy the credits why would facebook have our credit card. The way it was before farmtown would have had the information if it were available right? I have never had a problem buying farmcash with paypal before.
Paypal does not share any account number of yours with anyone. The only thing that Facebook will have is your Paypal information so they can process with Paypal for your purchase.