Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 07 2021, 07:08 PM

Default Extra fields appear while plowing, harvesting and sowing

While using the red plow, harvest and sowing tool on some farms I have extra field appear that are planted with the same crop that I am planting, the extra fields are in a row along the top, through the middle and along the bottom. They're not there when I come back and look at the farm but when the crops are ready and I start harvesting and planting they reappear. This started with the changeover. I don't think it does any harm but would prefer they not be there if possible. Thanks.
Old Oct 07 2021, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny T View Post

While using the red plow, harvest and sowing tool on some farms I have extra field appear that are planted with the same crop that I am planting, the extra fields are in a row along the top, through the middle and along the bottom. They're not there when I come back and look at the farm but when the crops are ready and I start harvesting and planting they reappear. This started with the changeover. I don't think it does any harm but would prefer they not be there if possible. Thanks.
Hi Granny T,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops.
They are just ghost fields and no they do not hurt anything. You don't get anything for them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 21 2021, 09:56 AM

Default can not plant

Will not let me plant crops
Old Oct 21 2021, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee533 View Post
Will not let me plant crops
Hi Lee,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops.
You are going to have to provide more detail.

Where are you trying to plant?
What happens when you try to plant?

Edit: I have visited your farms and all your crop farms show harvested crops plots. You have to plow before you can plant. As you do not have any combine tools those functions have to be done separately.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 21 2021 at 10:18 AM.
Old Oct 22 2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalm View Post
it seems that my SN planted and the irrigated my farms just when FB went down.
when i hover over the farms in the grid they all say F,W,I but when i look at farms with crops (pumpkin) after farm #7 the growing time is 3.3 days instead of 1.6 days.
i've cleared my memcache

thanks
it seems that i'm having the same problem again....
the brussel sprouts on farms 1 have been irrigated but not the ones on farms 2, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25.
i've checked the times and all farms except for 20 have been irrigated at the same time it seems.
oddly enough the trees are irrigated but not the crops
thanks for your help

Last edited by vonalm; Oct 22 2021 at 10:40 PM.
Old Oct 22 2021, 10:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
it seems that i'm having the same problem again....
the brussel sprouts on farms 1 have been irrigated but not the ones on farms 2, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25.
i've checked the times and all farms except for 20 have been irrigated at the same time it seems.
Hi Vonalm,
Are you sure a super neighbor is not irrigating all those farms before you have planted? They would not be able to irrigate farm 20 as it is private, where if you irrigated them then 20 would also be irrigated.
Some of those farms have 12 hour crops on them and irrigating those doesn't make sense to do as then you will not be able to irrigate the next crop you plant there. You can only irrigate a crop once and can only irrigate on a farm once every 20 hours.
Old Oct 22 2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vonalm,
Are you sure a super neighbor is not irrigating all those farms before you have planted? They would not be able to irrigate farm 20 as it is private, where if you irrigated them then 20 would also be irrigated.
Some of those farms have 12 hour crops on them and irrigating those doesn't make sense to do as then you will not be able to irrigate the next crop you plant there. You can only irrigate a crop once and can only irrigate on a farm once every 20 hours.
20 is the only farm that i work and irrigate. i usually work in the mornings that's why farm 20 has 7 hours before it can be irrigated and the others 16.
SN works and irrigates all the other farms. he like to irrigate crops because it gives him more time to come back and harvest.
Old Oct 22 2021, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
20 is the only farm that i work and irrigate. i usually work in the mornings that's why farm 20 has 7 hours before it can be irrigated and the others 16.
SN works and irrigates all the other farms. he like to irrigate crops because it gives him more time to come back and harvest.
Hi Vonalm,
Then apparently they are not irrigating after the crops are planted as that is the only way they will be irrigated. Also as most of the farms are planted with 12 hour crops, then that shortens time to 6 hours, but leaves the farms unable to be irrigated again for 14 more hours. If they replant then the new crops will not be irrigated.

Each farm can only be irrigated once every 20 hours, but if you plant a 2nd crop within that time they will not be irrigated. You are not irrigating the farm, but are irrigating the crop. It doesn't work the same as the fertilizer.
Old Oct 22 2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vonalm,
Then apparently they are not irrigating after the crops are planted as that is the only way they will be irrigated. Also as most of the farms are planted with 12 hour crops, then that shortens time to 6 hours, but leaves the farms unable to be irrigated again for 14 more hours. If they replant then the new crops will not be irrigated.

Each farm can only be irrigated once every 20 hours, but if you plant a 2nd crop within that time they will not be irrigated. You are not irrigating the farm, but are irrigating the crop. It doesn't work the same as the fertilizer.
of course i'd have to ask him but the crops were planted about 4 hours ago, and the farms can not be irrigated again for another 16 hours.....
i appreciate your help
Old Oct 22 2021, 11:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
of course i'd have to ask him but the crops were planted about 4 hours ago, and the farms can not be irrigated again for another 16 hours.....
i appreciate your help
Hi Vonalm,
The irrigation is working correctly. It is your super neighbor that is not doing it correctly. He has to plant first and then irrigate only the farms he has planted. Not all those crops on those farms were planted 4 hours ago. They are 12 hour crops and they all seem to have times left that vary quite a bit.

Tags
can't plant, can't plow, can't see crops, crop growth times, crops, farm stats, harvest, harvesting, harvesting crops, offline, plant, plow, seeding