Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 28 2023, 08:08 AM

Default An Incovenient Issue With A Former Neighbor

About 2 months ago, I removed a neighbor because of their lack of activity and also because a few times in a row they had posted facilities and referrals and within an hour or so when I went to work them, nothing was left.

Starting about a month ago this person has been sending me gifts almost every day. I do not send back. I have tried to manage at least a dozen times. I am not neighbor or buddy with them and the little icons at their farms, shows X that I am not their neighbor or buddy.

They were A FB friend whom I only had for the sole purpose of FT. At that 2 month ago mark, after removing them as a neighbor, I also unfriended this person.

I have looked and looked again in reverse neighbor and buddy. They are not showing up. Is there something more I should be doing on my end?

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Dec 28 2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
About 2 months ago, I removed a neighbor because of their lack of activity and also because a few times in a row they had posted facilities and referrals and within an hour or so when I went to work them, nothing was left.

Starting about a month ago this person has been sending me gifts almost every day. I do not send back. I have tried to manage at least a dozen times. I am not neighbor or buddy with them and the little icons at their farms, shows X that I am not their neighbor or buddy.

They were A FB friend whom I only had for the sole purpose of FT. At that 2 month ago mark, after removing them as a neighbor, I also unfriended this person.

I have looked and looked again in reverse neighbor and buddy. They are not showing up. Is there something more I should be doing on my end?

Hi Santmyer

Please click en the Farmer List icon and then in Facebook friends.

See if that person is showing up there. If so, then remove them from your list. The pop up will show you that you will also be removed from their Facebook list.
Old Dec 28 2023, 08:53 AM

I should have included in my original post that I had already checked the FB friend list and they were not showing there either.

Old Dec 28 2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I should have included in my original post that I had already checked the FB friend list and they were not showing there either.
If they are able to send you gifts, then you are in their lists, as facebook friend, neighbor or buddy.

If you still have their farm link, please go to that farm, click in the little tool box on the lower left corner and then click in both red X for Neighbor and buddy to be sure you are not their neighbor or buddy. Please remember that the X in the little tool box doesnt mean you are not neighbor or buddy, it only allows you to click and remove yourself in case you are their neighbor or buddy.

If nothing works, then please contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Dec 30 2023, 02:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Layering a Neighbor's Farm

Can you layer a Neighbor's farm?
Old Dec 30 2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 C Acres View Post
Can you layer a Neighbor's farm?
Hi 3 C Acres

I moved your post to the thread about Superneighbors.

You can only layer for example ponds, if your superneighbor allowed you to design a farm and you can also use their coins.

You have full information in the following link from our Game Guide:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...58#post6548358
Old Dec 31 2023, 11:29 AM

Just tried to report a problem with Super Neighbors who are not assigned to plant NOR plow are getting the harvest plow combine and it is working on random farms when it is not supposed to be working. But THIS FORUM asked me to log in again when I already WAS logged in and had spend a half hour typing. The automatic tool selector also keeps quitting after all the fruit trees have been shaken and staying on the shaker instead of switching to the next job to be done. Perhaps since this effects two tools the issues are connected. Since it is a recent problem I double checked to be sure that no one else has posted about this in the last few pages of the thread but did not see it reported.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 31 2023, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Just tried to report a problem with Super Neighbors who are not assigned to plant NOR plow are getting the harvest plow combine and it is working on random farms when it is not supposed to be working. But THIS FORUM asked me to log in again when I already WAS logged in and had spend a half hour typing. The automatic tool selector also keeps quitting after all the fruit trees have been shaken and staying on the shaker instead of switching to the next job to be done. Perhaps since this effects two tools the issues are connected. Since it is a recent problem I double checked to be sure that no one else has posted about this in the last few pages of the thread but did not see it reported.
Hi Qivis,
First you have 10 minutes to idle in the forums and will log you out if you have not posted or moved in the forums. The forum program sees you as idle when you are filling out your post because you are not moving around the forums. This is designed into the forum program and we can not change that.
Be sure to check the Super Neighbor individual settings as well as the Super Neighbor manager to see if those settings are turned off for them. If they are and they were still allowed to harvest & plow then please report this to Support for them to check on this. We will also test this within the moderators.
If the shaker was not dropped then it is still seeing some trees that need working. It may be that you possible have some trees accidently stacked on top of others that you can't see. You should be able to see this in the farm stats where it should show trees still ready on that farm. Is this happening on only one farm or on multiple farms?

EDIT: We have tested the SN settings for crops. What we found is if I am reading you right and you unchecked just the plowing and planting then they were actually handed the harvester which is similar to the icon for the combine. If they look in the toolbox the combines are greyed out, but the harvesters are not which would be correct for those settings.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 31 2023 at 01:17 PM.
Old Jan 15 2024, 03:43 AM

Hi, me too I have again problems with buddies or neighbours I removed, and then they still can send me gifts, trains and ships. I removed them from my and their buddy/neighbour lists, unfriended on facebook in case they were friends there. Cleared memcache and macromedia files. And restarted the whole process, but in vain. They still have me on one of their lists. Apparently this removal process does not work because I notice that more people encounter this problem.
I try to discourage these people by not clicking on their gifts, trains or ships, but sometimes I do not read who sent gifts, trains or ships and accept. So, I guess I am on their list of people who help them.

Do I have to report this or do they already know that?

Last edited by Palmarina; Jan 15 2024 at 03:53 AM. Reason: made an addition
Old Jan 15 2024, 04:19 AM

Post An Incovenient Issue With A Former Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
Hi, me too I have again problems with buddies or neighbours I removed, and then they still can send me gifts, trains and ships. I removed them from my and their buddy/neighbour lists, unfriended on facebook in case they were friends there. Cleared memcache and macromedia files. And restarted the whole process, but in vain. They still have me on one of their lists. Apparently this removal process does not work because I notice that more people encounter this problem.
I try to discourage these people by not clicking on their gifts, trains or ships, but sometimes I do not read who sent gifts, trains or ships and accept. So, I guess I am on their list of people who help them.

Do I have to report this or do they already know that?
I have the exact same issue with a former neighbor. Have posted on this same forum thread about it and also contacted support oh at least 2 weeks ago and am not getting needed help. Sure wish I could solve this on my own. Goodness knows I have tried.

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbor requests, neighbors, neighbour, new neighbours, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors