Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 10 2010, 11:25 AM

I am having a problem of not being able to visit other farms including Neighbors and buddies. Any idea what is causing this?
Old Jan 10 2010, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

WF25 - thank you for getting some things working better now

SO - the only current consistent problem I have, that others are clearly experiencing as well, is the time is takes to save coins/xp when working for another farm.
(making a difference to how quickly I can be rehired)

Plowing is defo worse than harvesting - my avatar keeps up at first and then slows down as does the collection - whether harvest/plow.

I've also noticed a lot of peeps getting kicked off (thankfully this does not seem to happen to me - touch wood) whether working for me or with me today.

I clean caches prob once for about every coupla hrs I am on FT using CCleaner - have done all the Adobe things - so its not that.

I was on WF45 for a while yesterday and that worked faster. Or is this something to do with peek time usage?

Hope my feedback will help.

Thank you
Old Jan 10 2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Kadiddlehopper View Post
I dunno. I've been playing the game quite a long time now and I have seen the developers work continually to make improvements. I give them kudos for all the work they do.

I would definitely like to see the levels increase higher than 60 though. It's easier to max to the highest level now that we are able to have 2nd farms.
I admire the work they do as well. And I realize it's impossible to please all the people all the time. But for heaven's sake just roll the darn thing back to pre 12/22 TEMPORARILY and debug the code. The 12/22 update was a disaster, as have been every update to THAT update. If the issue is server space, THAT I can understand But IF that's the case, the developers should have thought about it before allowing people to purchase a second farm.

As to seeing any new levels past 60 anytime soon? I hope we don't. That would just mean the devs are spending time on expanding a "broken" game rather than fixing it.
Old Jan 10 2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmergaylord View Post
I admire the work they do as well. And I realize it's impossible to please all the people all the time. But for heaven's sake just roll the darn thing back to pre 12/22 TEMPORARILY and debug the code. The 12/22 update was a disaster, as have been every update to THAT update. If the issue is server space, THAT I can understand But IF that's the case, the developers should have thought about it before allowing people to purchase a second farm.

As to seeing any new levels past 60 anytime soon? I hope we don't. That would just mean the devs are spending time on expanding a "broken" game rather than fixing it.
I have refrained from commenting much on this but there is something I really would like to point out.

The truth is that we have no idea how the original 22 December update might have worked. A lot of folks just didn't like the sound of what the developers had done and went ballistic here on the forums. Seven hours later we had the first update to the update. And personally, I think that's where the real rot lies. Changes were made hurriedly to appease the squeaky wheels. And, as we've seen, every few days there have to be more changes.

I sincerely hope that when this is sorted out that the developers never ever again rush to fix something before we really have the chance to find out if it was broken.

Please visit Bentivar

Bertie_Bee_Eater's Bird's Eye View
Old Jan 10 2010, 02:27 PM

Thank you very much for everything you are doing to make this game even greater than it already is.

When you first introduced the 22nd December upgrade, it was fine..but this last week, I have experienced lots of problems with slowness on my second farm...strangely my first farm seems to be ok....just thought I would post this as feedback for the developers.

Can someone tell me please, how do I find out which server I am on?..I notice lots of people posting and stating the number of the server they are on. I have no idea how to find out...

Thanks.
Magsta
Old Jan 10 2010, 02:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsta View Post
Thank you very much for everything you are doing to make this game even greater than it already is.

When you first introduced the 22nd December upgrade, it was fine..but this last week, I have experienced lots of problems with slowness on my second farm...strangely my first farm seems to be ok....just thought I would post this as feedback for the developers.

Can someone tell me please, how do I find out which server I am on?..I notice lots of people posting and stating the number of the server they are on. I have no idea how to find out...

Thanks.
Magsta
When you first get on FT, in the chat box in red should be the server number "wf" something.
Old Jan 10 2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
When you first get on FT, in the chat box in red should be the server number "wf" something.
Thanks very much for your reply..I'll look out for that then...
Old Jan 10 2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post
I have refrained from commenting much on this but there is something I really would like to point out.

The truth is that we have no idea how the original 22 December update might have worked. A lot of folks just didn't like the sound of what the developers had done and went ballistic here on the forums. Seven hours later we had the first update to the update. And personally, I think that's where the real rot lies. Changes were made hurriedly to appease the squeaky wheels. And, as we've seen, every few days there have to be more changes.

I sincerely hope that when this is sorted out that the developers never ever again rush to fix something before we really have the chance to find out if it was broken.
Which kinda supports what I've been saying all along. Roll it back to either the first 12/22 release, or the version just prior. Take the newer version(s) back to the drawing board and get it RIGHT. Then re-release. Instead of fixing the game itself they seem more concerned with changing the size of icons and other superficial stuff. Who cares how big (or small) the seed bag or the plow is as long as they WORK as expected? And I'm just so sick of having to hire 3 different people to plow/harvest my farms because they constantly get booted. I think some of the problems have to do with poor code, but a lot of it has to do with server overload. Like I said previously, I think they jumped the gun allowing second farms. I don't think they realized how many of us would qualify almost immediately, and the result basically slammed the servers. I for one, would be willing to give up my second farm if that's the issue. Providing ... They pull WF13 out of the rack, smash it to bits, and send me some remnants. :-)
Old Jan 10 2010, 04:04 PM

WF 59
Slow coins. Avatar improvement.
Evidently only some servers are affected. More than one of my neighbors have told me that they like the changes. My only reasoning for this is that some were affected in a positive way, while us unfortunate ones try to explain to them about servers....as we plod along.....
Old Jan 10 2010, 04:05 PM

I bet it is impossible to do a roll back like we would like to see or it would have already been done IMO because they are aware of the complaints.
Closed Thread