Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 24 2010, 07:20 PM

I would usually go to the market place to get hired or to hire people to harvest and plow for me, and I say I need two people to harvest and plow for me. This is a combo job.

And for the most part, I get maybe four people wanting to do both for me. I only pick two even though there are four who want the jobs. I tell them thanks I got my two. Maybe another time. So that way, they know I may hire them at a later date.

But for the most part when I am hired to harvest, there's a few others harvesting at the same time and when that's done the employer who hired us to harvest never returns to give us a plowing job. I actually messaged the farmer stating that I would like to plow for him and I waited for him to return and when he did, he had hired others to do his plowing for him. He claimed he never saw the e-mail. I told him to look at the top of his farm where the experience points are located at, you see an envelope, it should have a red number on it. He saw it and apologized for not knowing what that was and he hired me to harvest and then plow another field for him, with him apologizing for not seeing the message.

I knew he didn't know what the envelope was so I forgave him and did my job that he hired me for.

But usually when I go into the MP now, its to hire people to harvest and plow for me and when I do not have crops to harvest, I do go to get hired or to sell my crops that I have. And I am polite about it too. I don't go SCREAMING FOR A BLOODY ARES JOB!

There are people in the MP, who would scream I want a job. And if you need someone to fish for you, you hire them, they see what their job is and poof, they vanish on you. When you return to the MP to get a replacement hire, that person is there crying out I need a job, no fishing! Well, if that person didn't want to fish, all they had to say was I need a job but please no fishing, I wouldn't have hired them in that case. I think people there seem to forget their manners and is demanding of jobs and yet when you give them a job, no matter what it is, they either vanish on you or they tell you in a snotty way that this is not what I want to do and then vanish on you before you could even counter their comment.

I love polite people in the market place, 100% of the time, I'll hire them to harvest/plow my fields.

Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Jul 24 2010, 09:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinformation View Post
I guess i am "super" not so smart lol I can not figure out how to post that i need facility workers? Thanks for any help
When you click on 'whats pending' on your facility on the upper left click on 'produce faster' then it will post on your wall so your neighbors can help
Old Jul 25 2010, 01:07 PM

I'm finding it's a lot harder now to hire people than it used to be. I feel like more people are at the MP to hire than to work. And when someone says they DO want a job, I try to click on them and they get hired out from under me.

I'm also starting to get sick of going to the MP just to hire people, and before I can, I have people offering ME jobs, then I have to click that I'm not interested and maybe I lose my window to hire the person that said they're looking. Because usually you have to click them the split second they say so or someone beats you to the punch.

Don't know if this was discussed (can I really be expected to read all 48 pages of this thread?) but if the powers that be happen to see this, I think a better system would be a job board. Post the job(s) you have available and people can see what's there and take the jobs they want. Job seekers would probably still have to scramble for work, but at least there would be less hassle for employers.
Old Jul 25 2010, 05:57 PM

With all the work that is needing done on my farms, which is pretty constant, my neighbors know if they need extra coin or products for their facilities. they can find it through me and vice versa. The only use I have for the MP is to sell items.

I've never had to hire anyone from the market place and don't think with all the friends I have, would really ever need to.

I have bought all the facilities that require FC, all the ones with coins and have all farms maxed out in space. My friends and I usually work our farms around the same time everyday and we chat and have fun, while helping each other out.

People at the MP are really hard to hire and the ones trying to hire me I let know that my sole purpose for being there is to sell. I wish there was a way to sell with out everyone wanting things, makes it hard to sell with a lot of disruption.
Old Jul 28 2010, 10:45 AM
Account Not Linked

I find it A LOT easier to put myself offline before going to the mp to sell my prods. It's the green icon at the upper right of your screen, in case you didn't know.

I've gotten so sick of hiring people only to have them do a half-assed job or disappear after doing half a field that I just harvest & plow myself...
Old Jul 28 2010, 10:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Going offline to sell products at the MP, works great. Thanks whoever suggested it.
Old Jul 28 2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzulu View Post
With all the work that is needing done on my farms, which is pretty constant, my neighbors know if they need extra coin or products for their facilities. they can find it through me and vice versa. The only use I have for the MP is to sell items.

I've never had to hire anyone from the market place and don't think with all the friends I have, would really ever need to.

I have bought all the facilities that require FC, all the ones with coins and have all farms maxed out in space. My friends and I usually work our farms around the same time everyday and we chat and have fun, while helping each other out.

People at the MP are really hard to hire and the ones trying to hire me I let know that my sole purpose for being there is to sell. I wish there was a way to sell with out everyone wanting things, makes it hard to sell with a lot of disruption.
When you go into the MP to sell you can click on the plug icon (between the wrench and question mark) at the top and go offline. No one in the MP will see you then and you can go about your business with no interuptions. That's what I do (after seeing it suggested in a post on the forum) and it works great.
Old Jul 28 2010, 10:01 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Problem:

A-hole players that spam the market place with UNSOLICITED hire requests because they are too lazy/too rude/too inconsiderate/etc to follow any decency to type a simple request like "Hiring harvesters" in the main chat window.

I'm tired of going to the market place and being bombarbed with unsolicited hire requests as soon as i enter the market place.

I'm tired of trying to hire farmers and receiving unsolicited hire requests.

I'm tired of going to the market place, running to a corner of the market place to avoid "a-hole hirers" and still receiving unsolicited hire requests. The barstools deliberately do it.

I'm tired of not being able to ignore "a-hole hirers" because they are too quick. They spam the market place with hire requests, then get as many as they can, then they leave.

Solution 1:
The solution to the problem is so simple it begs the question "WHY havent the developers implemented it".

Process-
- farmer clicks map, selects market place
- popup is displayed, farmer is displayed with the following options:
- I want to hire (farmer selects and enters market place)
- i want to work (farmer selects and is presented with a popup containing the following options)
-- I want to harvest Crops and Trees
-- I want to harvest Crops and flowers
-- I want to harvest crops
-- I want to plow
-- I want to fish

The farmers that want to hire enter the market place with a 'H' (for identification purposes) on over either their head or overalls.

The farmers that want work enter the market place with either a symbol/image or letter of which work they want. ie a plower will have a letter 'P' or a image of a plow over their head or on their overall.

A few exceptions wrapped around it, ie a hirer cant be hired, etc.

Solution 2:
Download and use farm tools that automatically plow/seed/harvest. (and they exist) Why have a market place at all. Much easier to avoid all the problems with the marketplace. Who cares if you dont get extra earnings or reduced plowing costs from hiring, the trade off is not having to deal with the marketplace.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by _anu_; Jul 28 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jul 29 2010, 04:57 AM

Default accepting 2 jobs at one time?

This has happened twice in two days...
I go to the market place to hire a harvester.
I hire one but no 'great, I'll go with you' message appears and the employees avatar disappears from the MP.
So I hire someone else. When we both get to my farm, a minute or two later, the original employee shows up.

How can the first employee arrive at the farm AFTER the second employee arrives? Are they going to do another job first?

I'd love to know the answer as it's a bit embarrasing to have 2 harvesters on a titchy field!
Thank you
Hornetfish
Old Jul 29 2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _anu_ View Post
Solution 2:
Download and use farm tools that automatically plow/seed/harvest. (and they exist) Why have a market place at all. Much easier to avoid all the problems with the marketplace. Who cares if you dont get extra earnings or reduced plowing costs from hiring, the trade off is not having to deal with the marketplace.
Hi ,just a comment on Solution 2 ... This is from the T.O.S.

4C. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the SlashKey.Com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser.