Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 10 2010, 01:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Love your farm names
Old Jul 10 2010, 01:30 PM
Account Not Linked

That's usually when I will tell them to get a grip.
Old Jul 10 2010, 04:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mst

I try to say please and thank you. I usually get your welcome or no problem. Yet there are farmers who say neither when thank you is said. So it can go both ways.
Old Jul 11 2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnita View Post
You do have an ignore button for the rude people... why let it bother you? Just put them on your ignore and end of issue - quite right, it's a game.

I sometimes don't answer people at the market anymore - not to be rude - I'm in the midst of "selling" and up pops a hiring request. Sometimes (lots) my storage is still opening and won't close - therefore I really can't answer them.

It's how they have it set up - it really should automatically put you invisible or something when you're selling - I think that would help a lot.

I hope you feel better - I've met mostly great people in here... sure some jerks - but the majority are great - and the jerks... That's what the ignore button is for - Learn to use it.. LOL
I'm having the same problem of people not responding when I try to hire them and it is not because they are there to sell their crops. They are people that posted in the chat window that they are looking for work. By the way, you can become invisible by clicking on the plug icon at the top and going offline while selling. It's not automatic, but it is pretty easy to do.
Old Jul 11 2010, 07:23 AM

I normally find most people are really polite and friendly, or I did till this morning (must be a Sunday thing!)... You'd think that for 20 lines of begging for a job, someone would appreciate a 32x32 field of lettuces to harvest and plow all by themselves... took me 4 hires to get the job done in the end!
Old Jul 11 2010, 08:26 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Need moire rewards for plowing

i have the hardest time getting anyone to plow anymore. Either they only want to harvest or they show up and then do 3 or 4 plots and leave. Maybe if there were more rewards for plowing it would be easier to find people that want to do it? Any suggestions?
Old Jul 11 2010, 08:37 AM

When I look for work I ask for solo. I hate running around fighting for spots with three or more other plowers. Most of the time this request is ignored. So mostly I buddy up and people ask me to work privately.
Old Jul 11 2010, 08:39 AM
Account Not Linked

i used to go to the market but trying to find someone that dont beg/spam was getting hard as was someone who could say 'work please' i was in the market for nearly an hour one day (had rasps due) was hiring and no response (even flitted back and forth to check they hadnt 'turned up') in the end i said (not polite either) does anyone want to harvest a large rasp farm or do i have to do it myself?' in the end i did it myself
Old Jul 11 2010, 08:42 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
When I look for work I ask for solo. I hate running around fighting for spots with three or more other plowers. Most of the time this request is ignored. So mostly I buddy up and people ask me to work privately.
i only ever 'use' one person and then offer them the plow if i am satisfied with the work lol .... i even had one person do all 3 farms lol
Old Jul 11 2010, 08:58 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingNana View Post
Whenever new items are added, there are always glitches. The past week or so my worst glitch is not getting a reply when I hire someone. The fact is, those people aren't getting the hire requests! And sometimes, after I finally get someone hired, 2 or 3 of the people I tried to hire earlier are there working, but I've gotten no reply that they're coming to work!

I have asked about this in the market & was bashed today for asking if anyone else was having problems hiring! One gal commented that people aren't answering my question because they aren't having a problem. Then why not say "no I'm doing fine", etc? Anyway, that gal blasted me because she said I was fussing at another guy in another market before that. When I told her the only reason I was talking to that guy was because he was calling farmers some truly nasty names & using vulgar language, so I reported him. To that she replied that she would ignore me. Weird!

It's just a game people, no need to be nasty, rude, vulgar or down right mean! There are kids that play this game, what lesson are they learning? If the adults want to talk like that at home, that's their business, but why do do it here?

Whew, now I feel better!
Maybe it is not that we dont reply but I know Im trying to work and my problem is getting timed out. I always answer I will work but I am like you I will be working away then there are 3 or 4 people there running over me. Then I get the timed out reload sign and Im gone back home. It is the most frustrated I have ever been with a game. I promise I want to work but the glitches are so bad I cant even plant my own farm and harvest my own trees since the 4th of july.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20