Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 14 2010, 01:12 PM

I'm new to this. How do I go about hiring a buddy to work on my farm? Thanks
Old Jun 14 2010, 01:41 PM

Click on your buddy list and if their green dot is there it means they are online. Send them a message or follow the green man and go to their farm and hire them there. Have fun!
Old Jun 14 2010, 01:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Click the Avatar, then choose what you want to hire them to do. Crops, Crops and Flowers, Crops and Trees, Plow, or Fish.
Old Jun 14 2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
I just say no to fishing requests and most trees. I hate trees and I hate to fish!!! I don't feel rude - at least I'm not standing there saying "pineapples, solo." Those people are nuts!
I don't mind the trees, and I have never hired anyone to fish at my farms...it would just be too tedious.

I fish at my own leisure, but if I have time, I don't turn down a request.

*insert Daffy Duck laugh* COLD HARD CASH AND IT'S ALL MINE, MINE MINE!!

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 14 2010, 06:18 PM

Wink complaining about jobs

I look at it this way, if I don't want to do a job, I don't accept the invitation. If I do accept the job and get there and find that I don't like what I see (nothing but trees!) I politely bow out with a brief explanation why. If I accept a job and see that more work could be done, I will offer to do more (some trees, flowers, fish). If I'm told no, then I just thank the farmer for the work and move on. This is not a matter of life and death. It's only a game! I enjoy meeting new and different people in the market place.
Old Jun 18 2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
I go to sell in the mornings and I try to hide under the tent, but I still get a lot of hire requests. I don't disagree that it's hard to find people to work sometimes. Not sure why.
If you don't want to get hire requests while selling you can go offline while doing the selling. That's what I do as a result of seeing that suggestion somewhere on the forum.
I usually hide under the tent while hiring to try to avoid hire requests. It seems to work fairly well for that (hopefully) short period of time.
Old Jun 18 2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
No need to hide? Isn't that what you are doing when you go offline? Hiding from the hirers? Why should a person have to "hide" in order to get around a flaw in the game?
Yes it is hiding from the hirers so they don't waste time trying to hire someone that isn't interested in a job. I think it is a considerate way of dealing with it until they work out a better way of hiring and/or selling (which I have read they are working on).
Old Jun 18 2010, 04:13 PM
Account Not Linked

I've notice now with getting a percentage of the crops you harvest people in the MP are requesting certain crops (not just pineapples now) When I saw that the other night I wrote ' ready to harvest for someone ANY crop' I got three requests right away. There's been many times I've been hired and when I got to the farm I see someone had started then left. A few times it's been purple grapes. I thought woo hoo I need those crops for my facilities. Even if it's not a crop I can use I can always sell it.
Old Jun 21 2010, 08:40 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Two things: A lot of times when someone hires me to harvest or plow, their farms are full of items which makes it slow to load, and sometimes not loading at all. If it's really full of "stuff", it crashes my browser and I have to reload the whole thing. The problem with all of this is I can't let that person know what's going on because I either have to cancel loading their farm cause it's taking so long or like I said it crashes my browser. How can this issue be fixed so that the farmers aren't waiting on me and can hire someone else or how can I let them know what's going on or send them an apology if I can't find them again to contact them?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 21 2010, 09:26 AM

When I'm hiring in the marketplace and I see people say things like....will harvest pineapples solo only....I have to laugh...maybe they'd like to harvest diamonds while sitting on a lawn chair under the shade of a tree sipping an ice cold lemonade...but I do have a question...how do you post to your wall that you have work in the facilities???? Thanks in advance