Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 14 2010, 12:34 AM

You must use harvested bananas for the plantain chips
Old May 14 2010, 12:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Here's another perspective on the Farm Cash (i.e.,"dollars"). Personally, I don't care how much money the developers make on Farm Town - this is American capitalism at work...isn't it wonderful?

But here's my beef - I work darn hard for my money & I'm not about to waste it on purchasing "virtual" dollars for this game or any other game. However, that shouldn't mean that us "players" should be denied the opportunity to acquire any/all available Farm Town items based on the fact that some items are available using (free) "coins" (which we earn by playing the game), while other items are only available by spending actual cash (in the form of "virtual" dollars).

In my humble opinion, every item in the store should be available for sale to anyone/everyone no matter what form of payment they choose to use. The beauty of democracy is the "freedom of choice" & the current set up with Farm Town "virtual" dollars prevents me from choosing certain items in the store. The other method of acquiring "virtual" dollars is pure rubbish - sitting through those annoying "ads" responding to tos of questions/selections only to end up with a small amount "virtual" dollars & an obligatory "must choose something from this "method" or you've wasted a ton of time (which, by the way has a "price tag" associated with it - my time is also valuable).
People like this blow me away. Think how many hours of enjoyment per day, per week, per month...that you get from playing Farm Town, and you pay nothing for that enjoyment. You mention "freedom of choice" in your post. It's almost an attempt to cause the developers to feel guilty about their Farm Cash method.

As one (me), who has purchased more than $100 (US dollars) in Farm Cash, stop your whining, please! It takes a lot of time, resources, and money to develop games like Farm Town. Either cough up a little real cash to further enhance your enjoyment of the game, or let this plea go. It's getting annoying seeing all the posts from people who say, "I'm on a fixed income", "I can't afford it", "I have no money", and now your "freedom of choice" argument. I challenge you to go into any store in your city and attempt to get the same great deal that Farm Town offers. When you compare all the items that are available in the game, there are really very few that are available with Farm Cash only. The vast majority of items are obtainable with coins.

Finally, I find it very interesting that, those who can't afford a little Farm Cash, are the same people who manage to pay for internet access every month, and also manage to purchase a computer to access the internet.
Old May 14 2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Here's another perspective on the Farm Cash (i.e.,"dollars"). Personally, I don't care how much money the developers make on Farm Town - this is American capitalism at work...isn't it wonderful?

But here's my beef - I work darn hard for my money & I'm not about to waste it on purchasing "virtual" dollars for this game or any other game. However, that shouldn't mean that us "players" should be denied the opportunity to acquire any/all available Farm Town items based on the fact that some items are available using (free) "coins" (which we earn by playing the game), while other items are only available by spending actual cash (in the form of "virtual" dollars).

In my humble opinion, every item in the store should be available for sale to anyone/everyone no matter what form of payment they choose to use. The beauty of democracy is the "freedom of choice" & the current set up with Farm Town "virtual" dollars prevents me from choosing certain items in the store. The other method of acquiring "virtual" dollars is pure rubbish - sitting through those annoying "ads" responding to tos of questions/selections only to end up with a small amount "virtual" dollars & an obligatory "must choose something from this "method" or you've wasted a ton of time (which, by the way has a "price tag" associated with it - my time is also valuable).
Huh? You started out touting the virtues of American capitalism, and then argue that everything should be given to you because you want it? That's where the "freedom of choice" part comes in -- do I spend my $5.00 at Taco Bell? Or stay home and have lunch and keep my $5.00 in my pocket?

Freedom of choice doesn't mean you submit your wish list and wait for everything to be delivered -- not in the real world and not in the virtual world, either.

I haven't found anything about this game that I can't participate in, even if I don't spend money on it. I could get things faster by spending money -- which I did to expand my farm -- but everything can be done with a little ingenuity and just plain stubbornness. Can't get gifts from your neighbors? Or they aren't playing anymore? Get new neighbors! There's a thread for that very purpose. Need olive oil? How about working your neighbor's factories and collecting some? It's not like you really have to get out your work boots and a hard hat -- just click the mouse. And yet my own neighbors, who complain that they can't get olive oil, do NOT work my factories to collect it! So -- what did I do? I got myself some new neighbors!

There is not a single "But I can't because . . ." that you can come up with that there isn't an answer for. The trick is figuring out the solution yourself instead of wasting time and energy wishing life was "fair" or convincing yourself it can't be done.

What you're really arguing for is "instant gratification" -- not "freedom of choice." Not the same thing at all.
Old May 14 2010, 02:31 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

You make a very good point, Scott. Playing FT is a luxury like buying a CD, going out to lunch or to a baseball game. It's not something one has to do and players can choose to spend as little or as much spare time on the game as they wish and can have lots of fun designing virtual farm layouts without spending real $$ if they prefer to go that way or truly cannot afford to spend $$ on entertainment. Or budget a certain amount to allocate once a month or once every few months as I do for entertainment and spend that on FT.

It's a game and not a necessity, so the way to solve the "it costs too much" thing is either not to play or to use those items that are free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
People like this blow me away. Think how many hours of enjoyment per day, per week, per month...that you get from playing Farm Town, and you pay nothing for that enjoyment. You mention "freedom of choice" in your post. It's almost an attempt to cause the developers to feel guilty about their Farm Cash method.

As one (me), who has purchased more than $100 (US dollars) in Farm Cash, stop your whining, please! It takes a lot of time, resources, and money to develop games like Farm Town. Either cough up a little real cash to further enhance your enjoyment of the game, or let this plea go. It's getting annoying seeing all the posts from people who say, "I'm on a fixed income", "I can't afford it", "I have no money", and now your "freedom of choice" argument. I challenge you to go into any store in your city and attempt to get the same great deal that Farm Town offers. When you compare all the items that are available in the game, there are really very few that are available with Farm Cash only. The vast majority of items are obtainable with coins.

Finally, I find it very interesting that, those who can't afford a little Farm Cash, are the same people who manage to pay for internet access every month, and also manage to purchase a computer to access the internet.
Old May 14 2010, 07:37 AM
Account Not Linked

wish I never got the chocolate factory as now I need the confectionery factory to produce choc bars.I mean,what kind of chocolate factory only produces choc liquid.im done using real money on this game and for that reason alone,I will not put any real money into this game again.
Old May 14 2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post

:::clapping at this post:::: you said it perfectly.
Old May 14 2010, 09:42 AM

Instead of making a separate candy factory from the chocolate factory, you should have just updated the chocolate factory with the new items. I own both now, but it seems redundant and unnecessary, along with being confusing for a lot of players.

In the future, I'd rather see updates to the factories instead of a new one for every tiny item - along with the buildings having smaller footprints.
Old May 14 2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatriz View Post
Do I have to have the olive oil factory to make things from the snack factory??
It is conceivable that you could get enough olive oil from working at your neighbor facilities.
Old May 14 2010, 02:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

What?

Do you use that same argument at your local Wal-Mart?

"Sorry, I'm a little short on cash. This week I'll pay you in beans"
Old May 14 2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfjones View Post
What?

Do you use that same argument at your local Wal-Mart?

"Sorry, I'm a little short on cash. This week I'll pay you in beans"
Yea, this isn't the Federal Government. In real life you have to pay for what you want. LOL
Farm #1 is the main estate with a bistro and a tennis court.
Farm #2 is busy at work with all the airplanes and helicopters helping out
Farm #3 is where we have crops and facilities. The helpers live here.
Farm #4 is Farmville! Yes, the REAL Farmville, not that "other" game.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1571199267
Closed Thread