Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 03 2010, 06:47 PM

Default New Release -- December 3rd, 2010

New Release -- December 3rd, 2010

Hi Farmers,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features:

1. Holiday Items: Most of them in coins. There are 5 new holiday animals on the gift section. There is also a Snow Cover on the Holiday section in the store that covers the entire farm with snow.

2. Plow Tool Improvement: The plow tool now works similar to when you are hired for plow, if you are on top of a harvested or gone to waste field, you will see only the highlighted fields. You will only see the red or green cursor when you are over grass.

3. Blue (coins) and Orange (FC) Bulldozers: Allows you to delete 3x3 or 4x4 fields at a time. All Bulldozers have been updated so you can also delete single items, not just fields, without switching to the yellow dozer.

4.Gift Certificates: There are 3 Gift Cards (55, 120 and 250 FC) on the Holiday Section that you can send as gift to your neighbours.

5.Separate Work-Hire/Sell-Trade Markets: There is now an additional Marketplace that people can use when they are not interested in hiring/working and just want to sell and trade products with other users. You can still do all operations on both markets, but with the option of explicitly indicating your intention, the chances of accomplishing your goals should increase.

6.Item Storage Improvements: There is a new tool on the extended tool bar ('Add to Item Storage', above the hand) that will allow faster transfers to the item storage. Also, when you are moving items from the item storage to your farms, if you have more than one in storage, you can continue placing the same item and they will be removed from storage automatically.

7.Rubber Tree: Allows you to harvest the Latex from the tree.

8.Metal Mill: Allows you to produce Copper and Stainless Steel Sheets to build Cookware and Toys. You can extract the Iron, Copper and Chromite ores in the Mineral Mine.

9.Cookware Factory: Allows you to make cookware. You can produce Plastic Granules on the Petrochemical Plant:

Bamboo Utensil Set
Copper Sauce Pot
Silver Cutlery Set
Rubber Gloves
Copper Frying Pan
Tea Kettle
Knife Set

10.Rubber Factory: Allows you to create Rubber Sheets from the Latex, that you can later on use to make toys and other future products. You need the turpentine as the solvent which you can produce on the Petrochemical Plant.

11.Toy Factory: Allows you to make toys. You can produce Plastic Granules on the Petrochemical Plant:

Flying Disc
Rubber Duckie
Ballons
Teddy Bear
Rocking Horse
Scooter
Doll
Skateboard

More holidays items coming next week and more animals coming on next release.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Old Dec 03 2010, 06:48 PM

Thanks Raul. Merry Christmas!!
Old Dec 19 2010, 11:14 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdh View Post
Thanks Raul. Merry Christmas!!
That goes for me too, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you that make our lives enjoyable with this game.

Are we getting another farm for Christmas? Please Santa need more land!!

And the dressed up animals? Are we going to be able to harvest them or just put them on storage after Christmas? I am keeping the turkeys out, those are hilarious, lol

Love you guys, hope your Christmas is blessed and you can enjoy with your family and friends.
Old Dec 03 2010, 06:48 PM

Merry Christmas Raul and all the Devs, Great release!!!!!

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Dec 03 2010, 06:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

I feel kinda bad about saying this, especially since the devs worked so hard to give us this update. But, I was really hoping to see some fixes to the numerous bugs that have been reported concerning slowness of the game.
Old Dec 03 2010, 06:50 PM

I heart this very much!!!

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Dec 03 2010, 06:51 PM

Thank you, thank you and thank you again!!! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to the staff of Farm Town.
Old Dec 03 2010, 06:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks Raul and team once again for your efforts. The changes to market options are a big improvement. Not sure about the Cookware Factory but the Toy Factory will make a nice centrepiece to the Christmas Village I have planned.
Old Dec 03 2010, 06:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Wow a good priced tool only 15fc.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 03 2010, 07:05 PM

I KNEW IT!!!! I have been on FT for well over 5 hours today (ok, perhaps I do have an addiction problem as someone mentioned before) - and noticed this last time when I went to the marketplace that something was different. Then when I was hired to plow and had an actual plow in my hand - I KNEW! In my excitement I told the farm owner that there had been a new release - and then is when the addiction remark was made. I could barely contain myself long enough to finish plowing to come see what the "new" was - YAY!!! Thank you, Raul and team - you have made a sniffly, yucky feeling old lady very happy - HAPPY DANCE!
Closed Thread