Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Display Issues, Preferences, Sounds and Music

This Thread is for posting issues about display, preferences, sounds/music. Please read the information here before you post. Thank you!

There will be some profile pictures missing for some farmers who created a new account and/or don't have a Facebook account to be able to get a picture uploaded to the website:

Some common display issues on FT can be fixed by:
  • Clearing your cache.
  • Right clicking your mouse on the farm screen and selecting "Show all".
  • By adjusting your browser settings to 100%.
    or Pressing "CTRL" and "0" (zero) on your keyboard resets some browsers

For anything to do with Preferences see Chapter 03 - The Preference Bar
NOTE: The Show Coins and XP animations is still disabled at this time so you will not be able to turn off the recently added animations when using the mobile sprinklers and manure spreaders.

To turn off the Sounds or Music in the game :

Hover over the sound icon and another icon will drop down, the music icon. To turn all sounds off, click on both icons to turn them red.

Suggestions for Preferences post in Settings/ Pop ups/ Preferences/ Filters

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old Mar 18 2022, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
Facebook switched my version to new from classic and the top half of farmtown screen is missing it takes me twice as long to move as much as I can to center it. I tried for 5 days attempting to remove face gaming tab on my computer for I suspect farmtown plays through there. I can't remove the video gaming tab nor switch back to classic on Facebook. Does anyone have any info on this?
Hi Kongo,
You won't be able to switch back to the classic version and I am surprised you have been able to use it this long. You do not have to go through the gaming tab at the top of the page either.

You should be able to get to Farm Town from the link in your shortcuts in the left column of your Facebook home page or from the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forums and get the correct page layout.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 18 2022 at 10:06 AM.
Old Mar 20 2022, 05:27 PM

Not sure if this is the right place but having an issue with the Menu that pops up on fields etc. I can't click the arrow on any plot to move the farm without the little menu popping up. I've been trying to stick to bare ground but on most farms I don't have much bare ground. Is there any way to stop the little menues to stop popping up so quickly?
Old Mar 20 2022, 05:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place but having an issue with the Menu that pops up on fields etc. I can't click the arrow on any plot to move the farm without the little menu popping up. I've been trying to stick to bare ground but on most farms I don't have much bare ground. Is there any way to stop the little menues to stop popping up so quickly?
Hi Riap,
If you are holding the left mouse button and it is not locking on to move the farm around then this sounds like a mouse problem. If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery. If you are using a wired mouse try another mouse. This would be a switch problem for the left mouse button switch.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 20 2022, 05:54 PM

Thanks Ta,
Didn't give the mouse a thought. I'll try new batteries but I did drop it the other day. Hope I didn't damage it. It is wireless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
If you are holding the left mouse button and it is not locking on to move the farm around then this sounds like a mouse problem. If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery. If you are using a wired mouse try another mouse. This would be a switch problem for the left mouse button switch.
Old Mar 22 2022, 12:25 PM

At my end everything is working fine, except that now and then the neighbors at the bottom of the screen do not show up
Old Mar 22 2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
At my end everything is working fine, except that now and then the neighbors at the bottom of the screen do not show up
Hi Danker

I moved your post to the thread about Display issues.

When this happens, can you see your neighbors pics in your My Neighbors tab and also in your Wall Requests if you want to work their facilitie?

If you dont see them in non of those places, then it maybe a problem transfering data from Facebook to the game.

You can try clearing your memcache, a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old Mar 22 2022, 12:52 PM

Default Neighbors not showing

Hi Mary,

Yes, I see pictures in all locations, except as I said sometimes in the neighbors bar. This does not happen always, only from time to time, and most of the time only in one farm of all my farms, at random. Akso, happens in all browsers I use (Chrome and Opera).

Now, I just cleared memcache, and now eberything is normal, neighbors are back in the box where they belong :).
In the future, I'll do this memcache - never thought about it until now!

I hope it stays this way.

Thank with regards,
Danker
Old Mar 22 2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Hi Mary,

Yes, I see pictures in all locations, except as I said sometimes in the neighbors bar. This does not happen always, only from time to time, and most of the time only in one farm of all my farms, at random. Akso, happens in all browsers I use (Chrome and Opera).

Now, I just cleared memcache, and now eberything is normal, neighbors are back in the box where they belong :).
In the future, I'll do this memcache - never thought about it until now!

I hope it stays this way.

Thank with regards,
Danker
You are very welcome Danker
Old Mar 23 2022, 04:15 PM

Question loading to anothr farm (not mine)that I worked on several weeks ago.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...a51b5441d63565

This is Carmella Lovett's farm
My farm ID is 1851336503

Tags
browser zoom, bugs and glitches, display, eye, facility manager, farm order, farm stats, full screen, fullscreen, mouse, mouse over, music, normal screen, regular screen, screen size, show names, sound, stats, unhide