Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 30 2012, 02:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
I just opened the quest to make an aged Champagne. I noticed that the time to make a barrel of Champagne was 30 hrs instead of the 3 that the facility says. Will it make a difference in the timing? Will it go off the facility or the quest?
I enjoy the quests and don't have any problems - even when I don't have a facility. I just let it expire and open a new one the next day. Thank you for a fun game where everyone can play the way they want without pressure to do it one way.
To make aged Champagne it takes 40 hrs for a batch of 250 (5 yr old which takes 10 Champagne Barrels) and 48 hrs for a batch of 300 (6 yr old which takes 12 Champagne Barrels). That is after you grow the Green Grapes (1 day to grow) and make the Champagne Barrel in the Winery a batch of 2 is 6 hrs. So to make enough Champagne Barrels for the 5 yr old it would take 30 hrs which is 5 batches and for the 6 yr old it would take 36 hrs which is 6 batches. The Winery facility say it takes 6 hrs per batch not 3 hrs.

Last edited by KnightRider; May 30 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old May 30 2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
To make aged Champagne it takes 40 hrs for a batch of 250 (5 yr old which takes 10 Champagne Barrels) and 48 hrs for a batch of 300 (6 yr old which takes 12 Champagne Barrels). That is after you grow the Green Grapes (1 day to grow) and make the Champagne Barrel in the Winery a batch of 2 is 6 hrs. So to make enough Champagne Barrels for the 5 yr old it would take 30 hrs which is 5 batches and for the 6 yr old it would take 36 hrs which is 6 batches. The Winery facility say it takes 6 hrs per batch not 3 hrs.
I see, I didn't realize it was more than one batch. Thanks for explaining.
Old May 30 2012, 03:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I see, I didn't realize it was more than one batch. Thanks for explaining.
No problem, The quest should show that you need 25 Green Grapes to complete the quest.
Old May 30 2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
No problem, The quest should show that you need 25 Green Grapes to complete the quest.
Thanks for the reminders. I did plant & harvest my own grapes and have now started the champagne barrel. A long way to go still
Old May 30 2012, 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the reminders. I did plant & harvest my own grapes and have now started the champagne barrel. A long way to go still
And that will only be one of the batches...each batch needed will have to be started after the first one is completed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 03 2012, 11:44 AM

I have got to say that I am very frustrated with the Quests. At one point I had 4 quests going that need a facility that I don't have and is farm cash to purchase. I have been playing this game since February of 2009, and I have all the facilities I want right now and look forward to see which new ones we will get each upgrade, but there has got to be a way to fix this problem! I know many other farmers feel the dame way
Old Jun 04 2012, 07:17 AM

I am really enjoying doing the Quests, it makes a nice change from doing the same old thing, I have also found that I'm asked to harvest crops that I didn't realise I was so low on ........ my only gripe is after having gone through the majority of the quest I find like many others have said that I don't have the facility that's needed to complete the quest and FC is needed to buy it, I don't intend being cajoled into buying FC even though I have bought it many many times..... if we could see what facility is needed to complete the quests right from the beginning then we can choose for ourselves whether we want to start the quest or not.
Old Jun 04 2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahualady View Post
I am really enjoying doing the Quests, it makes a nice change from doing the same old thing, I have also found that I'm asked to harvest crops that I didn't realise I was so low on ........ my only gripe is after having gone through the majority of the quest I find like many others have said that I don't have the facility that's needed to complete the quest and FC is needed to buy it, I don't intend being cajoled into buying FC even though I have bought it many many times..... if we could see what facility is needed to complete the quests right from the beginning then we can choose for ourselves whether we want to start the quest or not.
Most times you can scroll over the final stage of a quest when you open it and it will show you what facility is required for the final product, thus giving you the chance to ignore it if you don't have, or don't want to buy the fc facility needed rather than going through the stages before having to abandon it.

The icon for quests is a 'mystery dice' which means that we are not supposed to know what we are going to be doing before we open it.

Old Jun 04 2012, 09:31 AM

... if we could see what facility is needed to complete the quests right from the beginning then we can choose for ourselves whether we want to start the quest or not.[/quote]

You CAN see what facilities you need by clicking on the last couple steps.. it will take you to the breakdown of the product and show the facility. If you own it, it will say (owned).. if not, it's just the name.

For all the complaints about the facs you don't own coming up in the Quests: You don't seem to understand that these "perks" , along with the sophisticated and larger farming tools are for the people who can afford to spend real money in the game. We used to get an even number of cash items to coin items in the new releases.. now we get "token" coin facs which don't work without their cash counterparts. If you are not contributing to the devs wages, trust me, they don't care if you play or not. Those of us who don't have spare money to spend on games will just have to be content with our axes and sickles!
Old Jun 04 2012, 12:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
Those of us who don't have spare money to spend on games will just have to be content with our axes and sickles!
That is an incorrect statement, you can purchase the chainsaw 3X3, harvester 2X2, seeder 2X2, flower harvester 3X3, and the plow 2X2 for coins. They are smaller but you are paying less for them, so you don't have to use axes and sickles.