Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Sep 09 2011, 10:31 PM

I agree with JAS, posting things on your FB status won't do any good.

Everything you've said has been posted on this forum dozens of times and the developers, evidently, don't agree.

Personally, I think it would make sense to have, smaller, coin versions of most all the tools available, particularly for the newbies. And, that those tools work on the owners farm and when working for others. I think it would keep some people playing and increase the odds of them spending real money down the road.
Old Sep 09 2011, 11:05 PM

I agree and it's also smart business for a beta game. those peeps might later be able to afford more stuff!
Old Sep 10 2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
I agree with JAS, posting things on your FB status won't do any good.

Everything you've said has been posted on this forum dozens of times and the developers, evidently, don't agree.

Personally, I think it would make sense to have, smaller, coin versions of most all the tools available, particularly for the newbies. And, that those tools work on the owners farm and when working for others. I think it would keep some people playing and increase the odds of them spending real money down the road.
The 3x3 tools are available for coins, and can be used on farmers' own farms. I agree it's a pain to not be able to use the coin tools on other people's farms, but we have 260 levels and counting, which is 260 free FC, and the 4x4 harvester and plower are 45 FC each. It doesn't take that long to get to level 90.

I think we're really fortunate that Farm Town isn't going the way of some of the other games, with weekly limited-edition cash items for one theme or other, and with most of the good decorations available for cash only - that really does make the game into different experiences for the haves and have nots. At Farm Town almost all the animals, trees, flowers, and decorations are for coins, you just need to unlock them at different levels, and half the facilities are also for coins as well as most of the basic tools. Things could be an awful lot worse.
Old Sep 10 2011, 02:29 AM

they don't care. They are making money hand over fist with us addicts who will spend.

Until we wise up and stop - then maybe they will re-evaluate their greed.

I used to be in a business that reminded us not to be hogs or we wouldn't even get a pig.

Wow- I totally botched that and can't remember the right phrase. Im up way past my bedtime!

Hopefully someone knows what I was trying to say and gives the correct phrase!
Old Sep 10 2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
The 3x3 tools are available for coins, and can be used on farmers' own farms. I agree it's a pain to not be able to use the coin tools on other people's farms, but we have 260 levels and counting, which is 260 free FC, and the 4x4 harvester and plower are 45 FC each. It doesn't take that long to get to level 90.

I think we're really fortunate that Farm Town isn't going the way of some of the other games, with weekly limited-edition cash items for one theme or other, and with most of the good decorations available for cash only - that really does make the game into different experiences for the haves and have nots. At Farm Town almost all the animals, trees, flowers, and decorations are for coins, you just need to unlock them at different levels, and half the facilities are also for coins as well as most of the basic tools. Things could be an awful lot worse.
True, but they can't be used on others farms and I don't believe there is a coin fishing boat, flower harvester or combine. Not to mention that there are nearly 50 FC facilities now so someone that can't afford to spend real money on the game is forced to do without tools or do without any FC facilities.

It's great, for the decorator that most decorations in FT are available for coins but it puts the burden of paying for the game solidly on the backs of the producers.

Since you mentioned other games, FV does charge FC for lots of cool decorations and animals. But I've never had to pay for any tool or any thing else that is a significant producer of coins or points. My 5x5 combine was free and built with the help of friends...as were all the animal pens and sheds and any other functional building. I've spent quite a lot on that game but never spent a penny on anything that was necessary to gaining points or coins.
Old Sep 10 2011, 06:59 AM

Yeah, I can understand the newbie looking up at the every-growing mountain of high level players..... wishing someone would "give" him the opportunity to be high on the mountain too..... and complaining because the game won't change to accommodate him/her.

And I hear again the complaint that those capitalistic greedy developers are making money on their ideas, their work effort, and their product.

I try to get away once in awhile from the country's politics and the same kind of "arguments" I hear from a particular side of the political spectrum in this country: ... not fair, rich should pay their "fair share", give ME what you have....

blah, blah, blah

However.... perhaps since the game needs more new players (and it is ONLY a game).... the devs could have some "special tools" for the lower levels, say levels 1-50 or 1-75 that would allow them (give them for their non-effort) to have a taste of the "good life". And then the tools or whatever would become inactive and useless at the 50th or 75th level, and they could again play the game the way everyone else has been playing it ....

or go play farmville.

Old Sep 10 2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Yeah, I can understand the newbie looking up at the every-growing mountain of high level players..... wishing someone would "give" him the opportunity to be high on the mountain too..... and complaining because the game won't change to accommodate him/her.

And I hear again the complaint that those capitalistic greedy developers are making money on their ideas, their work effort, and their product.

I try to get away once in awhile from the country's politics and the same kind of "arguments" I hear from a particular side of the political spectrum in this country: ... not fair, rich should pay their "fair share", give ME what you have....

blah, blah, blah

However.... perhaps since the game needs more new players (and it is ONLY a game).... the devs could have some "special tools" for the lower levels, say levels 1-50 or 1-75 that would allow them (give them for their non-effort) to have a taste of the "good life". And then the tools or whatever would become inactive and useless at the 50th or 75th level, and they could again play the game the way everyone else has been playing it ....

or go play farmville.

My ideas have nothing to do with politics or any sense of entitlement and are solely proposed to address the fact that there are only 1.5M left playing the game. That's down from nearly 19M at it's peak. Every week, 20,000 more people quit the game then start the game. It is the 248th most popular app on FB. It was once in the top 20..maybe even the top 10.

I do not begrudge the developers a profit. In fact, I've contributed greatly to their profitability. I want to see them continue to be profitable and more players mean more profits. This is not a game, it's a business and as with any business keeping customers (players) happy is an important part of their success.
Old Sep 10 2011, 12:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
True, but they can't be used on others farms and I don't believe there is a coin fishing boat, flower harvester or combine. Not to mention that there are nearly 50 FC facilities now so someone that can't afford to spend real money on the game is forced to do without tools or do without any FC facilities.

It's great, for the decorator that most decorations in FT are available for coins but it puts the burden of paying for the game solidly on the backs of the producers.

Since you mentioned other games, FV does charge FC for lots of cool decorations and animals. But I've never had to pay for any tool or any thing else that is a significant producer of coins or points. My 5x5 combine was free and built with the help of friends...as were all the animal pens and sheds and any other functional building. I've spent quite a lot on that game but never spent a penny on anything that was necessary to gaining points or coins.
I agree with MrH on this. People need to remember 2 things one is that the developers make money off the game 2 ways they are people buying farm cash and the adds on fb. The game didn't have one single farm cash item the first 8 month the game existed so the devs where making enough money to keep it running at that time so they must get a good profit form the adds. The other thing people need to be made aware of is that less the 10% of the people that play these games spend money on them. This was told by one of Zynga's top guys in an interview he did on the internet not long ago.

I think there is a happy medium for everyone. Let people build most of the cash tools and facilities with the help of friends and have some decorations for cash. Now before some of you scream at me the way zynga does this is if you don't want to beg your friends for parts you can use farm cash to buy them so you can still get your credit card out and buy the items and not have to ask one single person for a part to build something. Now I do think that these facilities or tools should be level dependent, not high levels but so a person can't start the game today and have all the cash facilities and tools built a week from now and they are only at level 20. One thing that is hurting the game is the high cost of land. Those of us that have all the cash facilities are making billions of coins and can easily buy the land but a player that can't get the cash facilities can not buy the land. People can say all they want that the game is free but it really isn't free. To play the game to the fullest you need the cash facilities to buy the land and to make stuff in other facilities. The coin facilities have a lot of products that are dependent on the cash facilities or cash water so there are a lot of stuff people can't make in the coin facilities because of that.

Now I am not against the developers making money or fc items in the game. There can even be fc tools and facilities that can't be built with the help of your friends but the bottom line is the developers need to do something or they will have no players left soon.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 10 2011, 12:53 PM

Well, personally I hope they don't go the Farmville route and start wanting people to spam their neighbours in order to build stuff. I've given up on several games when they got to the point of "ask 15 neighbours for 6 of this, 6 of that, 12 of that" every time some new building or tool shows up, and then again for upgrades to the buildings and tools. My FB feed is totally clogged with trash from Farmville, and I'd hate to see Farm Town go the same way.

I left this game for a while when I got to the top level and got bored; this was before the facilities were introduced and when you could only have two farms. I came back during the Farmville throttle debacle, and was level 69 with two farms. Less than six months later I'm nearly level 200 with 11 farms (six maxed out at 24x24) and plenty of spare coins for Farm 12 when it comes out. I think I've spent $30 on the game. I have very few cash facilities, and am still waiting to collect enough FC from levelling to get my combine, but I'm managing just fine without spending a wad of cash on the game.

Having said that, I do agree it'd be nice to have coin tree shakers and flower harvesters that you can use on your own farm like the smaller harvest and plow tools. But I'd rather go without than see this game turn into anything resembling Farmville and its intrusiveness.

I think every game that's been around for a while is losing players; I'm seeing people saying the same thing at the Farmville forums. There are so many more farm games than there were a couple of years ago, as well as more games of every kind, and people only have so many hours in a day. One of the problems for the Farm Town owners is that it's Slashkey's only game so they can't cross-promote. I think Zynga keeps some of its games going by encouraging players to play other Zynga games in order to get stuff for their preferred game. I ended up playing Mafia Wars for a few months after getting sucked into it in order to get something for Farmville.

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 10 2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old Sep 10 2011, 01:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Well, personally I hope they don't go the Farmville route and start wanting people to spam their neighbours in order to build stuff. I've given up on several games when they got to the point of "ask 15 neighbours for 6 of this, 6 of that, 12 of that" every time some new building or tool shows up, and then again for upgrades to the buildings and tools. My FB feed is totally clogged with trash from Farmville, and I'd hate to see Farm Town go the same way.

I left this game for a while when I got to the top level and got bored; this was before the facilities were introduced and when you could only have two farms. I came back during the Farmville throttle debacle, and was level 69 with two farms. Less than six months later I'm nearly level 200 with 11 farms and plenty of spare coins for Farm 12 when it comes out. I think I've spent $30 on the game. I have very few cash facilities, and am still waiting to collect enough FC from levelling to get my combine, but I'm managing just fine without spending a wad of cash on the game.

Having said that, I do agree it'd be nice to have coin tree shakers and flower harvesters that you can use on your own farm like the smaller harvest and plow tools. But I'd rather go without than see this game turn into anything resembling Farmville and its intrusiveness.

I think every game that's been around for a while is losing players; I'm seeing people saying the same thing at the Farmville forums. There are so many more farm games than there were a couple of years ago, as well as more games of every kind, and people only have so many hours in a day. One of the problems for the Farm Town owners is that it's Slashkey's only game so they can't cross-promote. I think Zynga keeps some of its games going by encouraging players to play other Zynga games in order to get stuff for their preferred game. I ended up playing Mafia Wars for a few months after getting sucked into it in order to get something for Farmville.
This is not Slakhkey (codebell their other name) only game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.