Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Sep 01 2011, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina719 View Post
It only works once per planted crop. Not once per day. Every time you plant another crop, you have to irrigate again.

Experience? crops mature too soon, and most of the ones i worked on, died too soon.

Advice? never spend real cash for a tool unless you understand its usage
It is also limited to once per 24 hour day.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina719 View Post
It only works once per planted crop. Not once per day. Every time you plant another crop, you have to irrigate again.

Experience? crops mature too soon, and most of the ones i worked on, died too soon.

That changed already - each time a crop is planted, it can be watered, even if crops have already been watered on the farm that day?

Quote:
Advice? never spend real cash for a tool unless you understand its usage
True, but sometimes until you but it into application you do not really know some aspects of it.
Old Sep 02 2011, 04:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahualady View Post
I feel quite disappointed in the new sprinkler, I've just planted Coffee (3 day crop) and being told it will mature in 2.4 days, I thought this new tool would make the crop mature in half the time or have I read it wrong?...... 2.4 days doesn't sound right to me.

Did you water the farm after you planted the coffee? Was is at least 24 hours after you watered the farm the time before that? If the answer is no to either one of those that is why. You have to water the farm after you plant the crop and you can only speed up one crop in a 24 hour time frame.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 02 2011, 04:50 AM

Thank you Jas, your explanation is well documented... I wish though that this had been clearer when I purchased the tool, as I don't think I would have bothered with it.
Old Sep 02 2011, 08:36 AM

Putting in my two cents regarding the new 'red' watering system: It has quite a few problems, which you are probably very aware of. I would like to know that this problem is being worked on? TY
Old Sep 02 2011, 04:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Default is a day 20 hrs or 24 hrs?

For FT crops, a day is 20 hrs. Is the once per day irrigation and once a day watering also 20 hrs?
Old Sep 02 2011, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogger View Post
For FT crops, a day is 20 hrs. Is the once per day irrigation and once a day watering also 20 hrs?
It is now. Raul posted an update on the release announcement a couple hours ago.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 03 2011, 01:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHorseLady View Post
I tried the red sprinkler this morning on my farm 10 for beets and it worked great. I didn't know you could only use it once a day per farm, but that understandable and ok. So, then I figured I'd try it again on a different farm and planted potatoes on Farm 6. I keep getting the message that farms can only be watered once a day.....hmmm. Does that mean you can only use the red sprinkler once a day period? Please help...Once a day per farm would be acceptable, but once a day between all 11 farms? That would suck.
Please clarify.....
p.s.
Love the Upgrades overall!!!
It is once a day per farm.
Old Sep 03 2011, 02:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifoofoo View Post
I really want it to work like the spreader and water the farm.

I'm not super-concerned that I can't turn over crop after crop multiple times daily - in fact, I would rarely have time for that.

My concern is that it isn't consistent with any method of planting/harvesting.

I'd really like it to fertilize the FARM, and I also dislike the once a day thing. Again, it doesn't flow with the crop rotations.

I have to keep going from farm to farm, with lots of loading time in between, to water. And I have to catch lots of crops partially grown and makes it impossible to keep up with what is done where.

Finally, I would like it to show the (w) when we hover over the diamond like it shows the (f).

The time between watering has been changed to 20 hours so unless you are planting one day or less crops the watering should work with your planting time. Also you can water a farm after you plant it before you move on to the next farm to plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I finally have my tracking down and also have changed how I plant long term crops so the red sprinkler is more useful in that sense. The 20 hour time frame change also helped. I don't like that they made me change the way I plant my farms but I can also live with it.

What I really don't like is the fact that I spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler. I bought it a few months ago to not only water my neighbors' flowers, but also mine. Now it no longer does anything. I spent another 50 FC for the red sprinkler and the combined action of them is not useful at all for me on how I do my farms.

I don't think anything will change though. They are convinced we don't need the brown sprinkler since they expanded the waste time. I stand by my opinion that there are times I want to water my flowers without having to worry about if it is going to speed up the crops I have already planted but didn't irrigate for some reason or another. If I "inadvertently" water my flowers on that non-irrigated field I am not going to be able to irrigate that field again for another 20 hours even if (for example) the field is ready to harvest in an hour.
Just a little FYI if you had not already bought the brown sprinkler when the red one came out you would have had to buy it before you could buy the red sprinkler. So while it may not really be needed anymore it is still required to have before you can buy the red sprinkler.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 03 2011, 07:33 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Sprinklers are't the only water troubles.

I don't own either of the sprinklers and reading about all the troubles I am sure I don't want them at all. But somehow along with the changes for the sprinklers, came a slight mishap with the watering can itself. Perhaps they are connected? When I water flowers with the can, some suddenly look half grown instead of mature and all say "ready in one minute" whether they are or not. I wish they had left the water system alone.

Farm Town isn't about the destination, it's about the journey!

Level 385

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20