Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Mine wont work - someone watered my farm 3 which only has flowers and trees so its not really a problem but I think the neighbours watering is sill blocking the use of the red sprinkler. Im not getting a mouse over to say how many hours until next use unlike the other farms and I have found that when there is no mouse over hours showing I can usually use it.
Ha Ha just found the secret! It WILL work if there are crops but not if only flowers - obvious really.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 03 2011, 07:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
If you water your friends flowers they can still use the red sprinkler and speed up the growth of crops and flowers that same day.
For Real Jas?? yahoo....... ty so much..........yay.......i am going to invade my neighbors today........ lol

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:40 AM

Default Contradictory wording in release

I never buy new tools when they are first released, especially something for 50 FC !! Really?? Really!!!

I have reread Raul's original statement for the release several times, and there were definite conflicting statements.

I am paraphrasing and didn't copy and paste, but this is what I understood!

One said that a farm could still only be watered once a day, but the crop would be sped up to 1/2 normal harvest time.

In the very next paragraph he states that new crops will be need to be watered to speed up their time.

NO WHERE was it clarified that a second crop couldn't be watered and sped up, except the statement that you could only water once a day.

I still assumed that this 50 FC tool would work like the manure spreader, but only for one day and not three.

It looks like there were a lot of people that read the release like I did.

I suggest that Raul send a rough draft of the release statement to all of the Mods and maybe 10 other very active players for future releases. With other people reading this over, perhaps the instructions could be made a little clearer to those of us that can't determine which statement is true, before we spend that much on ANY tool!
(And no, I waited and decided not to buy right now.)
A few proof readers, imho, would cut down on the frustration level and countless posts from just not understanding what was intended.

Thanks for at least always listening, and trying to resolve the issues.
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:54 AM

Level:
XP:

The way the red sprinkler works really is ridiculous. I just went to one of my farms that has many flowers to harvest and they were ready but wilted, so I had to water them to harvest. Well guess what? After watering they were picked but I am unable to water the new crop with the waterer to decrease the harvest time. I have to WAIT to water until tomorrow. So I WASTED my speed up by watering flowers that were mature, of course having no choice in the matter if I wanted to unwilt them, and I now CANNOT water my new crop of flowers. I want my farmcash back!

My Farm:
Coulter Country
Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 03 2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
The new stables have a similar footprint (ground area requirement ) to the woolshed ...thought i would post that for the people that have minimal space for it
Thanks so MUCH for posting this!! I was very concerned about the size since I already had my farm designed and REALLY didn't want to move a lot of stuff. Your estimation that the new stable view is about the footprint of the wool shed is just about right!!
Old Sep 03 2011, 09:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Maybe if enough of us post a good argument concerning the red sprinkler the developers will realize it's truly an issue...irrigation and watering should be "untied" from each other...the brown thing should be a sprinkler and the red thing an irrigator...and for the amount of farm cash paid we should be able to irrigate when we plant. Untying the two functions would pave the way for doing away with the 20-hour limit. The thing about runaway XP's is a moot point - people who play FT 24/7 are going to accumulate XP's one way or the other. The way the developers have dealt with that is to not release too many levels at once, and I think that's ok. Besides, I don't think the developers have any stake in limiting the amount of XP's people gain.
Old Sep 03 2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I do like the fact that the devs changed it to a 20 hour cycle and I have adjusted my tracking and the way I plant to make use of the red sprinkler. That is great for the long term crops.

I still resent the fact that I have spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler that I can no longer use just to water flowers on my farm. Not to mention another 50 FC for the red one. No matter what they say to try and justify it, there are times where all I want to do is water my flowers and not have to think about what it is doing to my crops.
Yes I think this is what a lot of us feel - other than persuading a neighbour to water for you there is no way to water just flowers. Mine were wilted and I had a 4 hour crop which I didnt want to speed up so I had to wait to water the flowers until I have a crop that I want to halve the time of. I dont want to use the watering can as the reason I bought the sprinkler in the first place was because I have a ton of flowers - also Im using my left hand badly at the mo as I had surgery on my right - my mouse control is not good enough to use the watering can

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 03 2011, 10:11 AM

Level:
XP:

i had to go to my farm 1 and turn view on for buildings to harvest my stable.... i had changed the view to the larger one last night... anyone else have this happen??

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 03 2011, 10:43 AM

wish when we harvest trees they would be like the ones we cut down so we would know when we have them all then regrow when ready to harvest again

Last edited by rktacntj; Sep 09 2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old Sep 03 2011, 11:32 AM

Thanks again devs for listening to our concerns. That's one of the many reasons FarmTown is such an awesome game. The indicator in the tool bar that shows how much time is left before functional use of Red Sprinkler makes it a valuable tool.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Closed Thread