Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 26 2010, 12:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Bilbo View Post
I'm a little confused on the selling of crops. What exactly does "primary products" mean? Would, for instance, manure or honey be "primary products"? Is there a list somewhere of what products can be sold?
Nope...things from facilities would be secondary. Primary are crops, fish, milk/wool/eggs, basically the raw ingredients.
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:38 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
This little "factoid" (bolded statement) blew my mind, so I did some calculating. As I am in the US, my calculations involved dollars.

Let us imagine a new player starting out wants to buy things with real dollars. Here is the FARM CASH cost for items that cannot be purchased with coin.

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Log Truck with chainsaw 40 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC
Grand total for all these tools ------ 367 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Food Preserving Factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
printing/packaging facility 32
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32
Total for all Farm Cash facilities = 742 FC

GRAND TOTAL for all tools and facilities that are FC only:: 1109

Now, you can buy 250 FC for $39.99 (25.2313 British pounds)

So, by my possibly flawed calculations, you could buy ALL of these things for $177.40 (give or take) -- which is a chunk of change, but hardly "over a grand in real money!!!"

And -- very important to note: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Work in a neighbor's facilities, you can obtain the raw materials you want. All the labor can be done with free or coin-purchased tools. The only exception is the manure spreader, but let's be honest, you can play quite well without that, too!!

Another forum poster said: "45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now. "

No, the game is not too expensive to play. IT IS FREE!!!!!! You just have to shift your expectations and methods to suit your budget.

So I hope we can all take a deep, cleansing breath and not freak out over expensive tools. The farm coin tools and manual methods and helping one's neighbor still work very nicely, thank you.

There. I was civil, wasn't I?
Very Civil indeed I too was "blown away" by the claim that FC needed to purchase all items was over a GRAND! Especially since I have many of those items and have not spent anywhere near that amount

To those of you who feel bad that you cannot or will not spend 45 farm cash on the new tools, don't feel too badly, I purchased the seeder, and DO NOT LIKE IT. It has a very bizarre way of reaching out and grabbing plots out of sequence if your rows are not perfect, I have had to delete random plots more than once. Say you are trying to plant down a row that has 2 missing plots on the left side, it goes over into the 5th row and grabs 2 plots and plants out of line.. VERY Irritating and I wish they had a try before you buy period because I wouldn't buy for this reason alone.

My Farm:
Coulter Country
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Nope...things from facilities would be secondary. Primary are crops, fish, milk/wool/eggs, basically the raw ingredients.
How is manure different than milk or eggs? I guess I understand honey. The bee hive is listed in the game guide as a facility. But the pigsty, dairy shed and chicken coop aren't. So if milk and eggs is a primary crop, shouldn't manure be also?
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
How is manure different than milk or eggs? I guess I understand honey. The bee hive is listed in the game guide as a facility. But the pigsty, dairy shed and chicken coop aren't. So if milk and eggs is a primary crop, shouldn't manure be also?
I just double checked and you cannot sell manure...
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:53 PM

can someone tell me how to use the trade feature. Do i just have to click on my avitar and go to where i would change my look. I was there and didn't see anything to sell directly to someone...thanks
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
I just double checked and you cannot sell manure...
I don't want to argue about it, but that is an inconsistency on what a "primary product" is. In chapter 12 of the game guide, the pigsty is listed in the same section as the Chicken Coop, Wool Shed, and Dairy Shed. So if eggs are primary, wool is primary and milk is primary, then manure would also logically be primary.
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:57 PM

Default OK...I'm missing something I think as far as selling

Hi,

I was excited to see where we would have the opportunity to sell stuff to our neighbors. I have alot of tuna but do not have the food processing plant. My friend has the plant, but no tuna...so this would work out for us.

The question is....I don't see where you click on someone to sell them things? I click on their avatar at the bottom of the screen and it gives me the options of giving them a gift, going to their farm, leaving them a message, or changing my neighbors. I see nothing about "selling" them anything. Is there another avatar somewhere other than the bottom of the game screen that I am missing?

Thanks.
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendajj View Post
can someone tell me how to use the trade feature. Do i just have to click on my avitar and go to where i would change my look. I was there and didn't see anything to sell directly to someone...thanks
You can go to the marketplace...and click an avatar and on the bottom it will say "Sell products to_____________" and then you go from there
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf1038 View Post
Hi,

I was excited to see where we would have the opportunity to sell stuff to our neighbors. I have alot of tuna but do not have the food processing plant. My friend has the plant, but no tuna...so this would work out for us.

The question is....I don't see where you click on someone to sell them things? I click on their avatar at the bottom of the screen and it gives me the options of giving them a gift, going to their farm, leaving them a message, or changing my neighbors. I see nothing about "selling" them anything. Is there another avatar somewhere other than the bottom of the game screen that I am missing?

Thanks.
Click your friend's avatar and on the bottom it will say "Sell products to_____________" and then you go from there
Old Oct 26 2010, 12:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I don't want to argue about it, but that is an inconsistency on what a "primary product" is. In chapter 12 of the game guide, the pigsty is listed in the same section as the Chicken Coop, Wool Shed, and Dairy Shed. So if eggs are primary, wool is primary and milk is primary, then manure would also logically be primary.
I didn't create the game, I just help others out
Closed Thread