Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 21 2010, 02:25 AM
Account Not Linked

I have my own solution for what I see as a problem with the big rigs. It doesn't really affect me. I am level 160, have seven farms and seldom work from the marketplace. The people it affects the most are those just starting out who are deciding if they like the game. If they become discouraged they will quit, which will have a negative impact on the income of the developers if it happens frequently enough. They need to keep that DAU high to attract advertisers.

When I hire (and if I am in a hurry, I harvest and plow my own with my 3x3 equipment) I am doing it to help people advance in the game. I ask if there is anyone in the marketplace with the big tools. Anyone that answers to the affirmative gets put on ignore. Then I hire someone else. If someone gets to my farm and uses a big tool, I put them on ignore so I won't hire them again.

Yes, they have purchased the right to use those tools on others farms. However, I am not obligated to hire them. If enough of us did this, it would restore equity.

Just my personal solution.
Old Nov 21 2010, 02:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
A few updates back when the red plow box went away when working for others the release notes stated that it was also going to be replaced when working on your own farm. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea when that was going to happen or if it is ever going to happen.
Just one person's opinion of course, but I'm hoping it doesn't go away.
Old Nov 21 2010, 02:40 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Not sure when it came out ... I think it's bloody hilarious
Received several today. Traded them for flour which is more useful -- but they are hilarious.
Old Nov 21 2010, 03:12 AM

Level:
XP:

I hope that the debate over the 4x4 tools and use of same will conclude in the very, very near future. The developers have set the rules and I doubt, unless there is a massive exodus from FT as a result, that they will change those rules. Thus, this debate is, in all likelihood, moot.
I don't have the 4x4 tools, nor do I intend to purchase them when I gift myself with 10 or maybe 20 real dollars end of next month to purchase an increment of FT cash. I'll muddle along without the FT Cash tools and expect to pick up at least a few coins from time to time working at the MP. There are other items on my FT Cash "wish list," so no super tools
Debating what is fair or unfair is pointless. The situation simply is what it is.
If it takes me another 6 months (or more) to fully enlarge farm 5 and maybe most of farm 6 and then another 6 or more months to enlarge farm 7, no problem. It's merely a game.
That said, it would sure be pleasant to come onto the forum and find discussions returned to the generally civil tone that prevailed prior to this latest controversy.
Old Nov 21 2010, 05:28 AM

Level:
XP:

I sometimes enjoy working other's farms, but I'll continue to do it the old-fashioned, one-click-at-a-time way. More challenge and easier on the budget LOL Ten real $$ on a game three or four times a year is fine, but more than that? I'd rather put it into savings. And the game is more fun (to me) if it's a challenge. Not about to get caught up in the "keeping up with the Jones" approach. Not criticizing those who do. Just saying, the game can be as much, or more fun, doing things the old way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Only the tools bought with $$Farm Cash Dollars.

if you enjoy working other's farms, buy the harvester and the solar plower. $90 Farm Ca$h

You have to put them in your storage, and then they can be used anywhere.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città
Old Nov 21 2010, 06:44 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrout53 View Post
I agree. This put's those of us that don't have these tools at a HUGE disadvantage. I was hired to harvest a large farm, and the greedy person with the tools there at the same time, harvested over 3/4 of the farm before I even got a chance.
Wouldn't say greedy. It's competition, as it is in real life. I just managed to harvest a few pineapples before a person with the 4x4 cleared the farm. The solution, I'm thinking, may just be not to do the MP. Since I'm at Level 120 and not in a rush to advance, that'll work for me. I do realize, though, that for newer players, this is a whole different situation.
Old Nov 21 2010, 06:51 AM

Default Thank you so very much!!!!

You guys just keep making this game SO MUCH nicer!!!!! I LOVE how I can now sell all "products" in just one click!! Whoo hoo! No more being at the market forever, AND no more accidentally selling ingredients!!!!! You rock!!!!!
Old Nov 21 2010, 07:43 AM

Well, in this update I don't think using the harvesting tools on other farms is a great idea. Those of us who do not want to spend the "farm cash" to play are loosing out on harvesting because we can not compete with a machine. You do the math..16 plots to a click versus 1 plot to a click. Who do YOU think is getting all the points????? Yes I purchased tools, but I use them on my own farm for my convenience and that is how this should be set to use also. Lets make the game fair for all players. I certainly hope you all understand how I feel, because there are others that feel the same as I do. Thank you for your time and I hope to see some changes soon.
Old Nov 21 2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylene View Post
I find the people with the bigger tools have been greedy and not sharing the work but i just leave and try get another job I could talk hubby into lending me his Visa card and getting the tools but I like the slower way on peoples farms as you get to chat and I have made a lot of really good friends from America and a few from England....the other way is too fast and you get to meet no one

Also can the darn Avatar be fixed its still painfully slow.................

Happy Farming everyone from Sydney Australia
I have the 4x4 Harvester and Plower.....

I find they are more often conversation starters, and I "chat" with the farm owner longer than before. I not only share the speed of the tools, but I wind up sharing a LOT of the things I have learned... especially to those of lower levels who just hired me.

Thanks for the tools devs. They have been the inducement to go back and work in the market. Lord knows I don't need the points or the money.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

Old Nov 21 2010, 09:53 AM
Account Not Linked

I just want to say I DO have 4x4 tools for my own reasons I do not mention it at market as i dont think fair to others, and when I am hired if another person is there i always do half and then leave so NOT all are same, some still play the game the same no matter what tools they have or dont have, if greedy with larger tool then must of been greedy before they had them, so its not always the tools fault in some cases it is the people themselves that are the greedy tools...............
Closed Thread