Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 31 2011, 01:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl 1942 View Post
Once a month is fine with me because at least things work correctly when they do come out. Farm Town is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! I quit all the "other" games last year because of all the problems, needing Farm Cash for 98% of new items, and having to rely on neighbors for everything. Farm Town lets you interact with neighbors but I don't have to solely rely on them to complete tasks in order to level up.
I totally agree with you! Also I quit playing all the other games for the same reasons you have mentioned. Farmtown is the only game I play and an update once a month is fine by me.
Old Mar 31 2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
Are you serious ????!!!!???? Really ?? I would rather have a new release once a YEAR here with Farm Town (Mods .... that is just a JOKE - I could never wait that long ! LOL!! ) than to deal with the problems the 'other' game(s) have because of the bombardment of new things so often. I mean, seriously ...... you are joking, right ??
Queen of Clutter - you would hyperventilate and spontaneously combust if you had to wait that long for a new release! I agree, tho, and have given up trying to play the other games. The mods and the developers are to be highly commended for putting out thought out and interesting releases based alot on what we tell them, and also for putting up with the whiniest, unappreciative lot I have seen in a long time! Even when we whine - we think you are the best!
Old Mar 31 2011, 10:16 PM

Question If you don't spend your money on this game-you will move up, but so slowoy

This is a really irritating part of this game. I have over 21 million coins, but not enouh farm town cash to buy another farm (and no I dont have 30 neighbnors), so it's out of my pocket or just take another year to get to where the people who are paying for "next new and better thing you just gotta have", why cant the developers let us trade in so much coins for farm cash?
Old Mar 31 2011, 10:19 PM

You guys need to get your heads out of the sand.

The truth is that FT would benefit from more frequent updates.

And while I agree that FT is in many ways a superior game, the numbers don't lie.

FT is down to 2.2 million players. 47 million play FV.

The frequent updates keep people coming back.
Old Mar 31 2011, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
You guys need to get your heads out of the sand.

The truth is that FT would benefit from more frequent updates.

And while I agree that FT is in many ways a superior game, the numbers don't lie.

FT is down to 2.2 million players. 47 million play FV.

The frequent updates keep people coming back.
Gee we must be a discerning group who prefer quality to quantity. More people try FV because they advertise more. More people leave Z games because of all the rediculous updates, pop-ups and the same challenges with a different looking building that doesn't do anything.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 31 2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl View Post
This is a really irritating part of this game. I have over 21 million coins, but not enouh farm town cash to buy another farm (and no I dont have 30 neighbnors), so it's out of my pocket or just take another year to get to where the people who are paying for "next new and better thing you just gotta have", why cant the developers let us trade in so much coins for farm cash?
Hi just to let you know, I have moved your post to the thread for feedback on Farm Cash
Old Apr 01 2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmslave View Post
Gee we must be a discerning group who prefer quality to quantity. More people try FV because they advertise more. More people leave Z games because of all the rediculous updates, pop-ups and the same challenges with a different looking building that doesn't do anything.
I totally agree.

Zynga advertises, ALOT!

FT is 100% word of mouth.

I always did prefer the smaller stores to the giant chains!!
Old Apr 01 2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Once you get those neighbors, or pay $$ to get by that 3rd farm obstacle, you will realize that 21million coin only used to be a lot of money.... like 2 years ago.

I venture to say that about anyone over level 150 makes more than 20-25 million every week with a modest effort.... and many make that daily.

I do not mean to demean your efforts.... but you should be happy to know that there are bigger brighter farmier days ahead as you progress in this game.

Old Apr 01 2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmslave View Post
More people have left FV than FT, certainly...milllions more play FV.

A more telling number is the percentage of players that have left either game.

On a daily basis there are currently 542,795 players of FT. That is down from a peak of 6,302,336. They've lost 5,759,541 players...over 91%.

13,366,870 people are playing FV daily. That's down from 32,479,576. They've lost 19,112,706 players but that's only 59% of their peak.

FV is the #3 app on FB while FT has slipped some and is down to #116.

All these numbers are on the web if you go look.

Clearly both games are declining but FV has done a better job of hanging on to people. Part of that is the fact that FV does a better job of advertising and thus replacing people that leave. But, a higher percentage of FV's monthly active users are playing on any given day. That indicates to me that:

a) The more frequent updates work.
b) FV players tend to be more loyal and committed to the game.

It's also worth noting that there are only currently about 7800 active members of this forum. With that small a number we aren't likely to be a fair representation of the average player. Basically the only people that come here are the fanatics, like myself, or people with problems.
Old Apr 01 2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
If you purchase a 12x12 Farm 3, you can buy 4-8 as levels and coins allow. You do not need to max the Farm 3 size to purchase additional farms.

I imagine we can't trade coins for cash because that doesn't contribute to overhead or profit for the devs.