Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 22 2011, 01:50 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

i hire people with tools so that i CAN step away from the computer. I am so tired of hiring people that dont have tools then coming back 5 hours later to find they got booted or they didnt like the job and left or whatever. I come back and all of my crops have died or my trees are not even as far as finishing times. personally i dont want to interact with ppl in this game. if i wanted to talk to people id go knock on my neighbors door. But i hire those with tools because i know theyll do the job completely and theyll do it quickly. I dont have to micromanage people with tools.

How to do the "Its just a game" test. Spend all of your farm cash on sending things to your neighbors. Then go and delete every single farm cash item on all of your farms. Now, if you feel even the slightest bit of loss whether it be time or money spent then it wasnt just a game.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 22 2011, 01:52 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
lol no way
yes way, Ted

Old Jul 22 2011, 07:14 PM

Default multifarm hire

The best part of this feature, if you have been with farm town for awhile..you can now hire someone who is just starting out..who doesn't have all the tools we (oldies) have, and just hire them to do everything on every farm and go on your merry old way..getting your farm done, while you are doing something else, and allowing (newbies) to do their thing..helping the new person..as we were helped when we first started........love farm town
Old Jul 22 2011, 08:58 PM

If I'm heading to work and in a hurry, I'll use my own coin tools, but I dislike it because I like hiring people. If I have a LOT of farmage to work, and get a 1x1er, I'll hire two people and put them each on their own farms and try to split the work evenly as I can.

If I have a 1x1 worker who stalls a LOT or is there to just goof around, I'll gladly look for a combine user to steamroll over 'em.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jul 22 2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsabon View Post
The best part of this feature, if you have been with farm town for awhile..you can now hire someone who is just starting out..who doesn't have all the tools we (oldies) have, and just hire them to do everything on every farm and go on your merry old way..getting your farm done, while you are doing something else, and allowing (newbies) to do their thing..helping the new person..as we were helped when we first started........love farm town
amen to that... that's exactly the message i was trying to convey a couple of posts ago, but maybe it got lost in translation.

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Jul 22 2011, 10:31 PM

Level:
XP:

but you all are assuming that youve hired honorable people that wont decide the job is crappy or wont pay what they want and leave. Youre assuming they wont get booted before they even get halfway done. Youre also assuming that we actually want to leave the game or that we even have a life.

Old Jul 22 2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
but you all are assuming that youve hired honorable people that wont decide the job is crappy or wont pay what they want and leave. Youre assuming they wont get booted before they even get halfway done. Youre also assuming that we actually want to leave the game or that we even have a life.
well said. not only does the game time out or your flash player crasher because someone has to have 200 cats that are not in building that causes a lot of issues so you might want to think it is not only the one you hired fault it could be on you end to. the only time i have not finished a job because something happen. because i got booted off or one of my babies wakes up and they come first over farm town it is only a game
Old Jul 23 2011, 01:46 AM

Level:
XP:

how about a marketplace or something for people who say its only a game? give us ocd farmers our own market or group.

Old Jul 23 2011, 01:49 AM

it is only a game but most of us are nuts about are farms and farmtown
Old Jul 23 2011, 02:08 AM

Level:
XP:

then by that wouldnt it mean that its more than a game to some of us? not saying its a religion or worth calling in to work for but who wants to go spend a bunch of time and money fixing their farm up then just saying "oh well its just a game" then walk away? i know i dont.