Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 17 2011, 03:34 AM

If I'm hired at the Market and end up on a layered farm I quit straight away. if the farmer is there I say "sorry don' t work layered farms" then I go!!!
Old Mar 17 2011, 05:49 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljj View Post
If I'm hired at the Market and end up on a layered farm I quit straight away. if the farmer is there I say "sorry don' t work layered farms" then I go!!!
i do the exact same thing. Sometimes i get a rude reply but i dont care. Layered farms could level me up with each click and id still refuse to work them.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 17 2011, 10:47 AM

exactly!! And who cares if they're rude, you never have to speak to them again just hide if they turn up in the market at the same time!!!
Old Mar 17 2011, 10:50 AM

Level:
XP:

and I wouldnt half doubt that those are the same people that gripe about me not saying "thank you".

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 18 2011, 05:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
The same thing happens in the sell and buy market. Ask for something and either get ignored or several offers pop up deleting the previous offer. This is especially annoying when someone sends you a few hundred of something only to be knocked out by someone sending 1 item.
I agree. It is extremely frustrating when a person wants to hire me for a harvesting job and then before I can accept, some other offer removes it.

I have a solution to the problem: All work invitations should be sent to your inbox as personal messages/notes. Then you can choose to accept or deny without losing the other invitations. Close the work offers you don't like, then move onto the next one.
Old Mar 18 2011, 06:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Why should we be thanked for doing our job?
I agree with this sentiment. I'm not saying that people should be rude or abusive, but why do people get bent out of shape over the whole please/thank you issue?

It's a fake internet game. We're harvesting fake crops on a fake farm. This has no bearing on real life. You hire someone to harvest crops, and they don't say anything. So what? It still benefits both parties.

Like I said, I don't condone abusive behavior, but I think people take this game a little too seriously at times.
Old Mar 18 2011, 08:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvd122979 View Post
I agree with this sentiment. I'm not saying that people should be rude or abusive, but why do people get bent out of shape over the whole please/thank you issue?

It's a fake internet game. We're harvesting fake crops on a fake farm. This has no bearing on real life. You hire someone to harvest crops, and they don't say anything. So what? It still benefits both parties.

Like I said, I don't condone abusive behavior, but I think people take this game a little too seriously at times.
What I hate is...people that want to chat while I'm working on their farm, or vise versa. If I go to the marketplace seeking work, that's all I'm after. If I'm at the marketplace seeking a worker, that's all I'm after, too. I don't mind a little interaction after I finish a job. But, good grief...some people want to chat the whole time I'm working for them, or they're working for me. Hope I'm not sounding like I'm anti-social, or anything. I'm just not a chatter when I'm workin' the pixels.
Old Mar 18 2011, 08:29 PM

Level:
XP:

hey scott, whats your new wish going to be?

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 18 2011, 08:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
hey scott, whats your new wish going to be?
Well, I've been thinking about that, Pythonis. But, I'd better leave my "thanks" up for the next week, or so. After all, I nagged the poor devs for three months before they honored my last wish. The next wish will either be along the same line as this thread, or my never-ending plea to stop my avatar from walking field to field when I'm actually using piece of machinery to do the job.
Old Mar 20 2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Why should we be thanked for doing our job?
Umm, I dunno. Maybe it makes the world a nicer place?

That said, I won't refuse work for someone who doesn't say a quick thank you. If they're relatively efficient I keep them for all my available farms. However don't expect a "thank you", or "happy farming", or "this is the last farm yay" off me or anything else. It works both ways.

I always thank my workers for working. I do appreciate when someone chops all my trees or picks my flowers, I hate doing that.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)

Last edited by artisanrox; Mar 20 2011 at 10:27 AM.