Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 30 2012, 06:28 PM

Please make the hiring process less time consuming. It is probably the biggest factor that is discouraging me from playing the game. It is so much faster to do it oneself, but it pays so much better to hire someone else. Begging for workers at teh marketplace, especially for shaking trees and fishing, takes way too much time.
Old Dec 30 2012, 06:54 PM
Account Not Linked

In my opinion, I think the solution for getting your trees harvested when hiring would be add some incentive. Give experience points for harvesting and chopping and watch how fast the problem corrects.
I hardly ever used neighbors or went to the market to hire because I have the tool to h/p and sow in one click. Then BONUS was added and I was getting a bonus also for hiring. That bonus, has stopped and I have quit going to market to look for ppl to work my farms. I can do it quicker myself.
I also have stopped looking for work at the market because I am not going to take 20 minutes waiting for my avatar to move around the screen to harvest a tree here and a tree there for a cpl little coins.
Old Dec 30 2012, 07:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Has anyone else had problems with collecting the completed bonuses when hired? I have lost prob a million coins in bonus coins because it says the job is not completed, but I had done everything on the farm. Can anyone help me in what I am doing wrong?
Old Dec 30 2012, 07:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappinmommyx4 View Post
Has anyone else had problems with collecting the completed bonuses when hired? I have lost prob a million coins in bonus coins because it says the job is not completed, but I had done everything on the farm. Can anyone help me in what I am doing wrong?
I had this problem today! Im new and did everything I could possibly do but still lost all my coins because apparently I wasn't finished..?
Old Dec 30 2012, 09:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappinmommyx4 View Post
Yes! the bonus feature does not seem to be working. I spend a lot of time looking for what I might have missed, I keep getting the message that I have to complete the job.
It would be great if the message told me WHAT had to be finished.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 11 2013, 03:56 PM

Default Hiring in Marketplace

That's twice today that I have been hired to fish and when I got to the farm there is absolutely NOTHING to do. I think the new trend in the marketplace is to hire somebody to get them out of the marketplace and waste all their time going from farm to farm looking for something to do and then they get hired for other jobs you are waiting for. There are about 5 times the number of workers in the marketplace now as there are employers because of this new bonus thing. This guy hired me to harvest/plow and fish. I had changed my avatar name to "need to fish big oceans" so that I could get some of the big stuff. This guy did have big oceans but nothing in them - of course he had 9 farms full of 3x raspberries he wanted me to waste my time on. This is so irritating, it's pitiful - not fun anymore as people just don't treat other people nicely.
Old Jan 11 2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
That's twice today that I have been hired to fish and when I got to the farm there is absolutely NOTHING to do. I think the new trend in the marketplace is to hire somebody to get them out of the marketplace and waste all their time going from farm to farm looking for something to do and then they get hired for other jobs you are waiting for. There are about 5 times the number of workers in the marketplace now as there are employers because of this new bonus thing. This guy hired me to harvest/plow and fish. I had changed my avatar name to "need to fish big oceans" so that I could get some of the big stuff. This guy did have big oceans but nothing in them - of course he had 9 farms full of 3x raspberries he wanted me to waste my time on. This is so irritating, it's pitiful - not fun anymore as people just don't treat other people nicely.
Actually based on what I read here his motivation was not to get you out of the MP so he could get hired, but rather to get his 9 farms of Raspberries harvested!

Look on the bright side - Raspberries are the fast food of harvesting, but at least with the Chest they now pay you double what they used to. Used to be people hired to harvest Raspberries would simply leave the farm in disgust and the farmer would have to harvest them himself. Now it's actually worth the effort and the fuel.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Jan 13 2013, 05:57 PM

Default Set Work Requirements Before Clicking Avatar

It would be very nice to set up what and where someone is being hired for before clicking on their avatar the first time. Often the good worker is gone before I get the job set up...don't want to click "all" because that results in the worker having to check all tools even if there is no work for some.
Old Jan 13 2013, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeemersmom View Post
It would be very nice to set up what and where someone is being hired for before clicking on their avatar the first time. Often the good worker is gone before I get the job set up...don't want to click "all" because that results in the worker having to check all tools even if there is no work for some.
I usually go to the selling market and set it up using someone there, then click the X without actually sending the request. Then when I go to the hiring market it is all set up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 13 2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I usually go to the selling market and set it up using someone there, then click the X without actually sending the request. Then when I go to the hiring market it is all set up.
I do that too but in the hiring market. The first thing I do when I arrive is change my status to pink (hire) and I wish everyone would do the same. It is frustrating not knowing who is there to hire and who wishes to work and if they want to work, what they are willing to do.

If I'm in a position to offer help I change my status to red (work) and add a short message next to my name like "flowers" or "will fish".

So easy.