Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 21 2019, 03:40 PM

Default Fuel issues

When others hire me, and say I can use their tools and fuel, it still depletes my fuel. It just happened again. I am running low on fuel, but I have no idea how to prevent it from taking from my fuel. Please help!
Old Aug 21 2019, 04:02 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikaturner View Post
When others hire me, and say I can use their tools and fuel, it still depletes my fuel. It just happened again. I am running low on fuel, but I have no idea how to prevent it from taking from my fuel. Please help!
Hi monikaturner,

I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring.

There are 2 ways they can allow you to use their fuel. One is to allow you to use it first. The other though is to allow you to use it if you run out of fuel then you start using their's.

Unfortunately there isn't a distinction between the 2 methods when you are hired, so all it says is they are allowing you to use their fuel.
Old Aug 29 2019, 10:21 AM

What does it mean when I am trying to hire someone to work on my farm and after clicking on someone, a tractor pops up? I can't do anything so have to back out and try someone else. Also, what do the letters on the side of the screen do? Thanks frmrfbi
Old Aug 29 2019, 11:22 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrfbi View Post
What does it mean when I am trying to hire someone to work on my farm and after clicking on someone, a tractor pops up? I can't do anything so have to back out and try someone else. Also, what do the letters on the side of the screen do? Thanks frmrfbi
Hi frmrfbi,

I'm sorry but I do not know what you mean by a tractor is popping up when you try to hire someone. Are you hiring someone from the marketplace or from your farm? If it's hiring from the marketplace, when you went to market did you have Tools showing in your game preferences? There is a blue plow tool there for decoration only. Could your screen be shifting to that when you click on someone?

If it's not that and if possible and you know how to, can you upload a screenshot of what you are seeing please.

The letters to the side of each of the Marketplaces are explained in the following post. It depends which marketplace you are in as to which ones you will see. What is the Marketplace for?

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 29 2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old Sep 03 2019, 02:19 PM

when hired especially on large multi farm jobs sometimes the tools show up and sometimes not...then in the middle of doing something i get booted out to home farmtown load page and when i get back to my farm it is a toss up if the rehire option kicks in...i have lost out on so many great jobs because the rehire does not pop up...other than messaging the employer at the first of the job is there no fix for this issue..when you don't finish a job word gets out that you don't complete anything when you can't get back to do so..frustrating to say the least
Old Sep 03 2019, 02:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi frmrfbi,

I'm sorry but I do not know what you mean by a tractor is popping up when you try to hire someone. Are you hiring someone from the marketplace or from your farm? If it's hiring from the marketplace, when you went to market did you have Tools showing in your game preferences? There is a blue plow tool there for decoration only. Could your screen be shifting to that when you click on someone?

If it's not that and if possible and you know how to, can you upload a screenshot of what you are seeing please.

The letters to the side of each of the Marketplaces are explained in the following post. It depends which marketplace you are in as to which ones you will see. What is the Marketplace for?
I think what he is referring to is the same thing that happens to me. When I select Hire Multiple it doesn't always recognize the selection and my screen will jump to the top of the market where the tractor is
Old Sep 03 2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy503 View Post
when hired especially on large multi farm jobs sometimes the tools show up and sometimes not...then in the middle of doing something i get booted out to home farmtown load page and when i get back to my farm it is a toss up if the rehire option kicks in...i have lost out on so many great jobs because the rehire does not pop up...other than messaging the employer at the first of the job is there no fix for this issue..when you don't finish a job word gets out that you don't complete anything when you can't get back to do so..frustrating to say the least
Hi lucy503

One thing we can recommend you when hired for big jobs is to load the farm with everything hidden in your preferences for "Show..." options.

Then you can put a check mark to one option according to the tool you got. For example: if you were hired to chop trees, then put a check mark to Show Trees option. Once you are done, uncheck that option and put a check mark to the one tied to the tool given to you.

For your rehired option, if you get back to your farm and you dont get it, please reload the game or exit to Facebook for a 2/3 minutes. Then check if you get it after loading the farm.

You can also try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reload your farms. This will not get the rehired message back, but could prevent from not getting it.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If you continue having problems with the rehired pop up not showing up, then report this to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Sep 09 2019, 11:52 PM

I was just hired to work at someone farms. There were 3 farms of stuff that needed to be worked on. I worked on the first one, I had the harvest and plow combined tool so when I harvested the fields were plowed. When I finished another farmer kept plowing on the fields that are already plowed. She would not stop plowing and I could not collect my bonuses even though all work are done, and I wonder how farm town is going to let us collect bonuses whenever there are more than one farmers working in the same farms. People should not hire more than one farmer to work in the same farms because of this kind of problem. That farmer kept plowing the fields that was already plowed and would not let go. I know perhaps it was a stacked fields and she needs to up her level, but this is wrong when I can't collect my bonuses. How can farmers collect their bonuses when there are more than one farmer working in the same farm?

P.S. I went back there to that farm just now, and this time that other farmer was gone and some trees are now popped up there for me to work on. I worked on them and was able to collect more than 34K bonuses, but the first bonus that was not collected was worth over 1 million, so the farmer who was plowing at NOTHING has got my bonuses. I suspected this much!!!

Last edited by Sandie May Angel; Sep 09 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old Sep 09 2019, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie May Angel View Post
I was just hired to work at someone farms. There were 3 farms of stuff that needed to be worked on. I worked on the first one, I had the harvest and plow combined tool so when I harvested the fields were plowed. When I finished another farmer kept plowing on the fields that are already plowed. She would not stop plowing and I could not collect my bonuses even though all work are done, and I wonder how farm town is going to let us collect bonuses whenever there are more than one farmers working in the same farms. People should not hire more than one farmer to work in the same farms because of this kind of problem. That farmer kept plowing the fields that was already plowed and would not let go. I know perhaps it was a stacked fields and she needs to up her level, but this is wrong when I can't collect my bonuses. How can farmers collect their bonuses when there are more than one farmer working in the same farm?
Hi Sandie May Angel,
The only way to collect your bonus is to wait until all jobs are finish and then you both can collect. I am sorry, but we can not control how many they hire.

The other employee can not get your bonus. They can only collect the bonus for work they did. If you had waited you would have gotten your bonus when all work was finished.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 10 2019 at 12:03 AM.
Old Sep 10 2019, 12:08 AM

Yeah, but the trees would not pop up for me to work on while the other farmer was there plowing the fields. That was the problem! I stood there to wait for her to finish, but she plowed and plowed and would not stop, places that were already plowed on she went and plowed it over and over again, and I finally let go and went to the second farm to work. When I came back to that farm later, my bonuses was gone, and I could only collect the bonuses from working the trees. FT needs to correct this. Why wouldn't those trees pop up for me to work on while the other farmer was plowing?

Tags
bonus, bonus chest, coins, hiring, hiring issues, marketplace, no xp bonuses, show work info, tools missing when hired