Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 27 2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramme65 View Post
It is wonderful that "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" this has been removed...I have been seriously thinking about leaving this game. Zyanga is getting to aggressive. I left one of their other games. Today when I saw this update I looked at the new tools and was TEMPTED to get the 64 tools BUT...since "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" but NOT the ADVERTISING VIDEOS that pop up EVERY TIME I start the game or go to the gift page I am reconsidering and once again thinking about LEAVING...
PLEASE tell the dev's that although I understand they need to make money many of us buy stuff and to have to put up with a 15 second screen from an advertiser is ANNOYING... it doesn't appear to be facebook only on the zyanga games...
Do you know someone who can help you clean this off your computer? I do not believe it is coming from the game. I never get them.
Old Oct 27 2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
It is wonderful that "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" this has been removed...I have been seriously thinking about leaving this game. Zyanga is getting to aggressive. I left one of their other games. Today when I saw this update I looked at the new tools and was TEMPTED to get the 64 tools BUT...since "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" but NOT the ADVERTISING VIDEOS that pop up EVERY TIME I start the game or go to the gift page I am reconsidering and once again thinking about LEAVING...
PLEASE tell the dev's that although I understand they need to make money many of us buy stuff and to have to put up with a 15 second screen from an advertiser is ANNOYING... it doesn't appear to be facebook only on the zyanga games...
You must be confusing farmtown with another game, this is not a Zyanga game, thank goodness for that, it's a Slashkey game. There are no video pop up in this game. Main reason I don't play Zyanga games anymore and will play farm town.
Old Oct 27 2012, 10:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

1. Halloween Items (2 weeks ago) and 4 new Fences (Straw, Bamboo, Golden and Grapevine).

Cool – can never have enough new decorations. Thanks.

2. 32 x 32 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

These will be fine for the lighter farms. Thanks.

3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.

The extra crops are a HUGE bonus! Triple thanks. Have to wonder though, how it's going to effect the mad-house that already is, the market place. Of all the work getting others to harvest and plow is one of the less difficult positions to fill, it's still a mission though and can be totally frustrating getting reliable help, hence so many hire neighbors or do the work themselves. It would be really helpful if the hiring process could be stream-lined a lot more. It's also difficult to get people to do the other jobs too.

4. 8x8 tools: Harvester, Seeder, Plower, Harvest-Plow Combine and Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 8x8 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 64 fields at a time, almost twice as with 6x6 tools.

Thanks. Really need these but what about a big bulldozer??? Really need one of these and chainsaws, flower harvesters and shakers etc. Might help getting workers from the market if they had bigger tools to use.

5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms.

Excellent new feature. Nice surprise. Thanks!

6. Minigames Prizes (Coming Next Week): When you play any of the 7 minigames you will now have the chance to win coins and ingredients based on your performance. You will be able to earn up to a certain amount of coins and ingredient daily, that amount will increase as you move up your FarmTown level. Users on level 200 or higher will be able to make 1,000,000 coins in Practice mode and another 1,000,000 in multiplayer mode for each Minigame.

Zzzz, lol.

7. Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed: People on higher levels (greater than 50) will not see any more random dialogs popping up about your neighbour farms needing tend, these dialogs are not very helpful anymore for advanced users and gets in the way.

Cool.

8. Hide Items Faster: When you Hide items individually using the 'Hide' menu option the confirmation popup that shows up will now appear only once per session.

Great.

9. Zoo Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Zoo Supplies.

Reptile Tree
Tortoise Playpen
Animal Control Pole
Camel Riding Saddle
Binocular
Food Dispenser
Monkey Food
Hippo Food

10. Seaquarium Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Seaquarium Supplies.

Fish Tank Decor
Fish Tank
Treat Reward Container
Water Valve
Algae Cleaner
Marine Stretcher
Wavemaker
Underwater Helmet

New products on other facilities:

Seal Food, Dolphin Food and Killer Whale Food in the Frozen Food Factory

11. Zoo (coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Curry Comb
Bottle Mounted Vaccinator
Reptile Tree
Tortoise Playpen
Animal Control Pole
Camel Riding Saddle
Binocular
Food Dispenser
Monkey Food
Hippo Food

12. Seaquarium (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Seals Food
Dolphins Food
Killer Whales Food
Fish Tank Decor
Fish Tank
Treat Reward Container
Water Valve
Algae Cleaner
Marine Stretcher
Wavemaker
Underwater Helmet

Boo – still really need to increase the output of a lot of essential goods in factories. Also badly need a search bar in the facility manager so it's easier to restock essential goods.

Old Oct 27 2012, 10:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
gramme65, most of us don't get 15-second advertising videos when we enter the game. You are almost certainly the victim of some form of adware that is installed on your computer.
Gregh is right, FT doesn't use ad's like this, you must have downloaded some adware and should run virus/adware removal program. I do agree that Zynga is too agressive and greedy, they have many games to get money from unlike Slashkey which only has Farm Town to make their money.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 27 2012, 11:41 PM

Thank you! I am so loving doing my flower and tree farms with the new 'dim out' feature. It is really brilliant!
Old Oct 28 2012, 12:19 AM

New release is out and once again, I can't WORK neighbors facilities or services-only TEND. This happens every time a new release comes out-please help. Yes-have done ALL SUGGESTIONS AND LINKS, AS USUAL!
Old Oct 28 2012, 02:31 AM

i dispatched my train 2 days before the release was released, and now it says i have 7 more days to wait! train is on farm 6, please help!!!!

farmin' for LIFE!!
Old Oct 28 2012, 02:34 AM

and WHY does it take 5 sheep wool to make 4 rolls? ur math dont add up. love that dim feature tho, that is AWESOME!!!

farmin' for LIFE!!
Old Oct 28 2012, 03:08 AM

Simply love the dim feature ... best thing yet on FT!!!!

One small complaint, or can I say suggestion ... with the winter pond can we possibly have 2 features - one with the tree and one w/o the tree? Love the ice fishing house, but that tree just simply needs to go.

Again thanks for keeping us entertained on FT.
Old Oct 28 2012, 03:24 AM

Default % Ready on waters dimmed out

Previously you could select the boat or rod and hover over waters to see how close to ready they were. It would tell you, say, "0 Fish - XXXX Bait, Rest 95% Grown". With the new release empty waters dim out until they're ready to fish! (I have the turbo boat so there are never any partially-fished waters, they're either full or empty.)

If you have a non-fishing tool selected you can see the water, of course, but it just tells you "0 Fish - XXXX Bait".

Could the Devs figure out a new way to tell us how long till the fish are ready?

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Oct 28 2012 at 03:36 AM.
Closed Thread