Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 26 2023, 06:05 AM

The neighbours/buddies/friends tabs are amazing and so helpful! You did an amazing job guys, it's way better than before!!
Old May 26 2023, 08:00 AM

On the Farmer list it says I have 0 Facebook friends who have played Farmtown in the past year. Is that tab active yet for everyone?
Old May 26 2023, 08:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMike View Post
On the Farmer list it says I have 0 Facebook friends who have played Farmtown in the past year. Is that tab active yet for everyone?
Hi BamaMike,
That has been reported to the developers. Not sure when they will get to it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 26 2023, 12:50 PM

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get neighbors for my cat's account. I see this:

<< a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox
b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

But my cat is a new user (Level 504) - how would she visit farms or get offline messages? I'd just as soon not go through FB although I did post there last night - no results so far. Should I create a Forum account for her? I'm asking for myself, obviously, but also wondering in general how to help new users get started in FT. I could leave messages for my current neighbors - that's time consuming but one way to do it, I guess. But even there, I only know how to ask for neighbors via FB. Our Farm URLs don't seem to be unique - just the un/pw. So I can't post a URL to her farm and ask people to visit and send requests.

Help?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 26 2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get neighbors for my cat's account. I see this:

<< a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox
b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

But my cat is a new user (Level 504) - how would she visit farms or get offline messages? I'd just as soon not go through FB although I did post there last night - no results so far. Should I create a Forum account for her? I'm asking for myself, obviously, but also wondering in general how to help new users get started in FT. I could leave messages for my current neighbors - that's time consuming but one way to do it, I guess. But even there, I only know how to ask for neighbors via FB. Our Farm URLs don't seem to be unique - just the un/pw. So I can't post a URL to her farm and ask people to visit and send requests.

Help?
Hi Susan

No matter her level, she could go to market to be hired or hire, or use the option to meet new farmers at market.

That way she could make a conection with other farmers. If she is hired, then she could try the visitor toolbox or send a message and if it is responded then use the icons there.

While we are still in Facebook, then some of your own friends could send her a friend request and then become into neighbors.

In case she has a problem, you can use your own forum account to post it but providing her id number.
Old May 26 2023, 01:06 PM

Great work Team! Thanks.
Old May 26 2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Susan

No matter her level, she could go to market to be hired or hire, or use the option to meet new farmers at market.

That way she could make a conection with other farmers. If she is hired, then she could try the visitor toolbox or send a message and if it is responded then use the icons there.

While we are still in Facebook, then some of your own friends could send her a friend request and then become into neighbors.

In case she has a problem, you can use your own forum account to post it but providing her id number.
EXCELLENT idea about her going to market! I'll try that. I think her farm ID is 100003545226144. But can people here in the forum use that to go to her farm?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 26 2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
EXCELLENT idea about her going to market! I'll try that. I think her farm ID is 100003545226144. But can people here in the forum use that to go to her farm?
Hi Susan

You can edit your post in Neighbors requests and add the links to her farms.

Im sending you a pm.

Thanks
Old May 26 2023, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Susan

You can edit your post in Neighbors requests and add the links to her farms.

Im sending you a pm.

Thanks
I thought I was all set. I used the URL from your PM and sent it to a handful of neighbors. They're telling me that it just takes them to a login page - they're not sure how to use that to add her and I don't know what to tell them. Obviously, at one time I understood how to do this because I've got links to my own farms in my Forum Signature. But that was 10-12 years ago. Got purged from my memory banks a long time ago. I went to Edit Signature thinking I could get a memory jog but I had turned all of my farm URLs into tinyURLs, so that didn't help!

Can you give me some more pointers, please?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 26 2023, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I thought I was all set. I used the URL from your PM and sent it to a handful of neighbors. They're telling me that it just takes them to a login page - they're not sure how to use that to add her and I don't know what to tell them. Obviously, at one time I understood how to do this because I've got links to my own farms in my Forum Signature. But that was 10-12 years ago. Got purged from my memory banks a long time ago. I went to Edit Signature thinking I could get a memory jog but I had turned all of my farm URLs into tinyURLs, so that didn't help!

Can you give me some more pointers, please?
Hi Susan,
You can find out how to get the link to her farms with the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread