Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 22 2023, 08:36 AM

Default New Farmtown Website Released!

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last update released on July 21st, 5:15PM. En Español AQUI

We just released the first version of the farmtown.com website.

To login to your account use the email and password credentials for farmtown.com you created previously in the Farmtown Facebook app.

You can also use your User ID number instead of the email to login. Your Farmtown User ID is shown at the bottom of each page in the game.

Click here to login before Farmtown is removed from Facebook!

You can use both Farmtown apps at the same time and they should both work as expected most of the time, however, for features that require interactions with other farmers, you may find some unexpected results. The main reason is that Farmtown Website has no access to your Facebook data like friends and requests.

For example, if a farmer use Farmtown Website to send you a train boost request, you will see that request in your train manager using both apps, however, you will not see that request in the 'My Request' tab using the Farmtown Facebook app, because the farmer's Farmtown Website app cannot add that request to Facebook.

In Farmtown Website, there is no list of Facebook friends, you will use your neighbours and buddies to interact with other farmers. To compensate for this, in the coming days, your Neighbours capacity will be increased by 30% and your Buddy List capacity will be 3 times as much, so in total, you should be able to have connections to almost 500 farmers in the game.

If you currently have Facebook friends that you interact with frequently but they are not your Neighbours or Buddies, we strongly recommend that you add those friends to your Neighbours or Buddies using the Farmtown Facebook app while it's still available, this will make it easier to interact with those farmers in the website.

If you don't do this and Facebook deactivate the Farmtown app, you will have to search for them manually in the website via email or user id, to be able to add them to your Neighbours or Buddies, this last part is still not completed.

We encourage you to explore the Farmtown Website app and navigate to each tab to find more detailed information about how different functionalities will be affected and how they will be implemented.

There are features that are only present in the Farmtown Website, like the new farmer selector when sending train boosts to other farmers and new options for adding neighbours like the new 'Add to Neighbours' avatar menu option.

This is only version 1 of the Farmtown Website, there are a few features that are still missing and others that needs improvements.

These are the features that are still pending to be migrated to the Farmtown Website:

1. Buy FarmCash via Paypal or Stripe
2. Send and Receive gifts

These are improvements to be done related to Neighours and Buddies:

1. Add a feature to the Farmtown Facebook app to make it easier to migrate Facebook friends to neighbours or buddies
2. Expand the capacity for neighbours and buddies
3. Add more ways to add neighbours
4. Add more ways to add buddies
5. Add capability to convert neighbours to buddies and the other way around
6. Add more filters related to Neighours and Buddies to increase the amount of farmers that you can reach when sending gifts, working facilities, etc. See potential new filters below:

- Farmers that have me as a Neighbour
- Farmers that have me as a Buddy
- Farmers that have me as a Neighbour or Buddy

These are improvements to be done related to the login process, password recovery and signing new users:

1. Implement forgot password feature
2. Research alternative methods for players who haven't been able to register for farmtown.com to be able to regain access to their Farmtown Facebook farms
3. Implement sign up page so non-Facebook users can play in Farmtown Website without having a Facebook account
4. Invite new users to the game

These are improvements to be done related to pictures:

1. Allow farmers to save/delete their small squared Facebook picture to/from our servers to be used in the Farmtown Website app
2. View saved farm pictures

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - April 22th, 5:35PM

- Bugfix: After posting belt bonuses, the bonus remained visible and didn't disappear from the list.

Post Release Updates - April 25th, 4:10PM

- All players that haven't logged in to the new website yet will start seeing a new 'Login Verification' screen inside the Facebook game, this screen will allow you to do 2 things:

1) If you haven't visited the new website yet, you can click the blue button 'Login to Farmtown.com' to visit Farmtown.com in a new browser tab and enter your email and password to verify your credentials

2) If you have forgotten your credentials you can click the red link 'Update your Registration' at the bottom of the screen

Post Release Updates - April 25th, 11:00PM

- Bugfix: Players not being able to delete some of their buddies.

Post Release Updates - April 26th, 6:00PM

- Bugfix: Sometimes when posting facilities, other farmers were not seeing the post. We are not 100% sure if the issue was fully fixed, so please report here in the forums if you notice it again.

For the fix to take place, you have to reload the game.

Post Release Updates - April 28th, 6:30PM

- Buddy List screen Improvements (Round 2):

1. Added last activity date and level to each buddy

2. Buddies that are also neighbours will have a blue background

3. Added a blue neighbour icon to each buddy:

a) When the buddy is not your neighbour, you can click this icon to convert that buddy into a neighbour, that farmer will be removed from your buddies and added to your neighbours

b) When the buddy is also your neighbour, you can click this icon to delete that buddy from your neighbours

4. When you remove buddies or when you close and re-open the Buddy List screen, the scroll position is remembered

5. Added a Sorter icon to sort by: Avatar Name, Name, Online Status, Level, Last Active and Neighbour. Also, the sorting ignores non-alphanumeric characters, so it's more accurate.

6. Added stats at the top left showing total buddies and capacity used

7. If the Avatar Name is the same as the Name, then we only show one to reduce clutter

Post Release Updates - May 3rd, 1:00PM

- Bugfix: At 8:50AM today we introduced a new bug with a similar consequence to the bug introduced 6 days ago, a significant % of users lost most of their preferences in the game, a fix was released about an hour ago.

This is all related to the updates that must be completed before we are able to expand the neighbour and buddy capacity.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Release Updates - May 4th, 12:30PM

- If you keep your browser open or you have enabled the 'Continue where you left off' option in your browser, you will remain logged in to the website for up to a week, so when you reload the game during this period you won't have to enter email and password. If you use the Farmtown website in a public computer, just remember to click the Logout button at the top right when you are done playing.

- Hide duplicated facility posts in 'My Request' tab 'Facility Wall Requests' section.

Post Release Updates - May 5th, 5:50PM

- Expanded Neighbours capacity by 33%. The Buddies capacity is now 3 times as much as before. You should be able to have about 500 neighbours and buddies combined.

- The 'Manage' button is now showing up in the Facility Chains manager.

Post Release Updates - May 5th, 9:40PM

- The 'Manage' screens for the same users in the user action panel are now consistent, they either all have the Add as Neighbour/Buddy buttons or none of them have it.

Post Release Updates - May 9th, 12:30AM

- The game screen in the website is now 30% wider, this allows to show more farm content and in the future maybe expand the neighbours and shortcuts bar at the bottom of the game.

Post Release Updates - May 12th, 11:00PM

- Increased the total amount of posts shown in the My Requests -> Wall Requests sections from 100 to 150.

Post Release Updates - May 21th, 7:50PM

- The 'Forgot Password' link in the new website is now working. If you remember your login email address, we will send you a security code to your email that you will have to enter in the website to verify your identity and to change your password.

Post Release Updates - May 23rd, 9:00PM

- More options to send Neighbour or Buddy requests to other farmers:

a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox

b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

If the farmer is already your neighbour or buddy, the correspondent icon will be disabled. Notice that the farmer does not have to be online when you send the request, they will see your request when they go back into the game, see points below.

- Buddy List screen replaced by a more general Farmer Lists screen: This screen now contain information about your Neighbours, your Buddies, your Facebook Friends and the Requests you receive from other farmers to add you as a Neighbour or Buddy. You can access this screen using the old icon in the left bottom corner of your toolbox.

a) The My Neighbours tab is very similar to the My Buddies screen we released last month:

- The green buddy icon allows you to convert that neighbour to a buddy, that farmer will be removed from your neighbours and added to your buddies
- Neighbours that are also buddies will have a green background, you can group them all at the top if you sort by Buddy
- When the neighbour is also your buddy, you can click the green buddy icon with the red minus sign to delete that neighbour from your buddies
- You can use the note icon to send an offline message, the green man to visit the farm and the dozer to remove the neighbour

b) The Facebook Friends tab shows all your Facebook firends that have played the game in the past year:

- All the Facebook friends that are also your neighbours will have a blue background
- All the Facebook friends that are also your buddies will have a green background
- You can sort by Buddy or Neighbour to see all your buddies or neighbours at the top
- You can sort by the 'Non Neighbour or Buddy' option to see first all your Facebook friends that are neither your neighbours or buddies
- The green buddy icon allows you to add that Facebook friend to your Farmtown buddies
- The blue neighbour icon allows you to add that Facebook friend to your Farmtown neighbours

c) The Neighbour Requests tab shows all the farmers that are asking you for permission to add you to their neighbours:

- Use the blue buttons to Accept or Reject their requests
- Use the blue and green silhouette icons to add that farmer as your neighbour or buddy
- There is an equivalent Buddy Requests tab that works the same way

- Website only changes:

a) Added the 'Farmer Lists' icon to the left of the 'Message Envelope' icon at the top of the farm so you can quickly notice others neighbour and buddy requests

b) Added more farmer filters when sending train boosts:

- My Facebook Friends
- Farmers that have you as a neighbour (even if they are not your neighbours)
- Farmers that have you as a buddy (even if they are not your buddies)

The last 2 options can give you access to a new set of farmers that you couldn't reach in Facebook.

c) Started including posts from all your Facebook Friends in the My Request -> Wall Requests sections

d) Added a link at the top of the My Request -> Wall Requests sections to include or hide posts from farmers that have you as a Neighbour or Buddy but are not your Neighbours or Buddies. This can give you access to a new set of facility / bonuses / ingredient posts that you couldn't reach in Facebook.

Post Release Updates - June 5th, 2:00PM

- Bugfix: When sending a train boost requests while visiting another farmer, i.e. after working facilities or helping as a Super Neighbour, those requests were showing as expired for the receivers.

Post Release Updates - July 12th, 1:05PM

- Released the Gift Manager, this is an update to the current Gift box and will allow you to send and accept gifts from inside the main game, no need to navigate to the Send Gifts or My Requests tab. It will show 3 tabs:

Send Gifts tab: This section will allow you to send a gift to multiple farmers, several filters and sorting options are available to make the process faster

My Gifts tab: This will be the same as the current Gift box, it shows all the gifts that you have accepted but haven't used/stored yet

Pending Gifts tab: This section will show all the pending gifts that farmers have sent you but you haven't accepted yet, it will contain all the options currently available in Farmtown Facebook My Request tab

Note: The gifting activity in Farmtown Facebook app will be separate from Farmtown Website app, meaning, the gifts you send using Farmtown Facebook could only be accepted by farmers using Farmtown Facebook. Gifts you send using Farmtown Website could only be accepted by farmers using Farmtown Website.

Note 2: You can accept gifts using the My Request tab in Farmtown Website, however, sending gifts back can only be done inside the main game using the Gift Manager.

Post Release Updates - July 13th, 12:20PM

- When selecting friends to send gifts or train boost requests, there are now 3 sorting options:

1. Selected Stay in Place -> selected farmers remains in the same spot
2. Selected Move to Top -> selected farmers are automatically moved to the top of the list
3. Selected Move to Bottom -> selected farmers are automatically moved to the bottom of the list

If you don't want to select specific farmers as the recipients of your gift, it will probably be faster for you to use the default option 'Selected Move to Bottom', this way you just continue clicking on the same spot until you have selected the amount of farmers you want.

Post Release Updates - July 17th, 10:40PM

- Gift Manager bugfixes and improvements:

a) New 'Select ##' button in the Select Friends screen to select up to 50 farmers at once when sending gifts

b) Bugfix: When using the Store Ingredients/Animals/Plants button in the Gift Manager, the stored gifts were not removed from the screen

c) Bugfix: If you have multiple pending gifts from the same farmer and that farmer is not your neighbour or buddy, if you click the Manage button under the picture and add the farmer to your neighbours or buddies, the Manage button remains on the screen until you close and re-open the Gift Manager

d) Bugfix: If you have farm pass goals to send or accept gifts, you will have to reload the game after sending or accepting gifts in the Gift Manager for farm pass goals to update

e) Bugfix: Pending gift count sometimes not fitting in the red circle

Note: In order to save storage space in our servers, pending gifts that are not accepted in a 60 day timeframe will be removed automatically.

Post Release Updates - July 18th, 5:25PM

- You can now ask your friends to send you more of a specific gift by using the 'More' button in your Gift Manager -> My Gifts section. They will see your request in their My Requests -> Other Wall Requests section and will be able to send you the gift from there.

Post Release Updates - July 19th, 5:40PM

- Enabled the capability to buy Farm Cash in the farmtown.com website for all players. We currently accept payments via Paypal or Stripe, the 2 leading payment processors globally. Notice that both services allow you to use your credit card to pay.

Post Release Updates - July 21st, 5:15PM

- The 'Preferences' section located in the Account tab in the farmtown.com website was replaced by a new 'Profile' section. In addition to changing your avatar name and gender, now you will be able to change your real first name, your email and your password. Here are some rules:

1. Your real first name must contain only letters, no spaces or numbers

2. Your password must be at least 6 characters long

3. In order to change your password you must have access to your current email. If that's not the case, then you must change your email first for an email that you have access to, since we will be sending you security codes to that email.

4. In order to change your email you don't need to have access to your old email, but you do need to have access to your new email. Keeping a valid email as your farmtown email is very important since this is the only way you will be able to recover access to your farms if you forget your password.

In the future you will be able to change your picture as well, either by uploading a new one from your PC or by using the Facebook Login system to allow the game to automatically download and use your current Facebook picture.

Known Issues:

- None.

Last edited by marymarcel; Jul 22 2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old Apr 22 2023, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Thank you Raul and team for all the hard work getting this going!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2023, 08:42 AM

Default Quick observation on Slashkey vs Facebook

I have noticed that when doing others facs (show facility wall requests) on Slashkey that I am seeing a handful of neighbors facs that I never saw/see doing the same methodology on Facebook. Its like they've been hidden for years!

This is really the only feature I've tinkered around with going between the two sites, so not sure if there's other features that will operate differently besides what is explained in RED font.
Old Apr 22 2023, 08:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Thanks Raul and all the dev team, whoohoo

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 22 2023, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDobber74 View Post
I have noticed that when doing others facs (show facility wall requests) on Slashkey that I am seeing a handful of neighbors facs that I never saw/see doing the same methodology on Facebook. Its like they've been hidden for years!

This is really the only feature I've tinkered around with going between the two sites, so not sure if there's other features that will operate differently besides what is explained in RED font.
Hi CDobber,
The difference may be that those who you haven't seen before were posting in Facebook to a specific group of neighbors/friends and in the website you do not have that capability so all posts go to the wall.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2023, 08:51 AM

Thank you Raul and team for working so hard to get this up and running

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Apr 22 2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi CDobber,
The difference may be that those who you haven't seen before were posting in Facebook to a specific group of neighbors/friends and in the website you do not have that capability so all posts go to the wall.
makes perfect sense....thanks as always, Taz
Old Apr 22 2023, 09:31 AM

Thanks a lot Raul and team!!
Old Apr 22 2023, 09:48 AM

Oh well done to Raul and the team, I bet you're all pleased to get that main bit done.
Thanks for everything !
Old Apr 22 2023, 10:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Keef
Default playing with a closed FB account

well done Raul & team

I saw this in the things they are looking at

Research alternative methods for players who haven't been able to register for farmtown.com to be able to regain access to their Farmtown Facebook farms

I got locked out of one of my ID's by FB for unusual activity, about a week before registrations started, hopefully I can get that farm back as I do have the user ID number, hopefully that will help me get it back, please LMK if that is possible
Closed Thread