Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 27 2023, 08:35 AM

Last night I tried to harvest onions for my Quest. I harvested 4, went to the Quest and it still listed I needed 1. I went back, harvested 2, still said I need 1. I did it again, same result. I shut down my laptop, waited, reopened FT and tried again. No onion for my Quest. I cleared my memcache. No deal. This has happened in the past a couple of times but it seemed to resolve itself. I can't ask for onions for a gift. Any tips on how I can harvest my onion? I planted a new crop but it won't be ready until tomorrow.
Old May 27 2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
Last night I tried to harvest onions for my Quest. I harvested 4, went to the Quest and it still listed I needed 1. I went back, harvested 2, still said I need 1. I did it again, same result. I shut down my laptop, waited, reopened FT and tried again. No onion for my Quest. I cleared my memcache. No deal. This has happened in the past a couple of times but it seemed to resolve itself. I can't ask for onions for a gift. Any tips on how I can harvest my onion? I planted a new crop but it won't be ready until tomorrow.
hI KnittyGirl

Where you were harvesting the onions in your own farms? If you were doing that in other farmers farms it didnt count for your quest.

Why you say you cant ask onions as gift? You have the gift lifeline to use in this quest.

You can open the Polish restaurant and click in the + icon for Perogies and that way you will requests ingredients.
Take in mind that the Gift lifeline allows you to get gifts and also ask for ingredients.

They will go to your gift box and you have to store them.

- Gifting Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

Example : If you need an ingredient that can be gifted from the gift page or sent via requesting ingredients from a product in a facility that you own, you can use this lifeline to request the item or exchange a gift for it. Once stored it will count towards your quest.
Old May 27 2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
hI KnittyGirl

Where you were harvesting the onions in your own farms? If you were doing that in other farmers farms it didnt count for your quest.

Why you say you cant ask onions as gift? You have the gift lifeline to use in this quest.

You can open the Polish restaurant and click in the + icon for Perogies and that way you will requests ingredients.
Take in mind that the Gift lifeline allows you to get gifts and also ask for ingredients.

They will go to your gift box and you have to store them.

- Gifting Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

Example : If you need an ingredient that can be gifted from the gift page or sent via requesting ingredients from a product in a facility that you own, you can use this lifeline to request the item or exchange a gift for it. Once stored it will count towards your quest.
Thank you. Yes, I was harvesting on my farm (I have a farm dedicated to Quest crops). I was unaware of going through a restaurant and requesting an ingredient that way. I just looked at the Gift guide and no onions were listed. I will try that! Edit: I just tried it and it worked!! Thank you!!!

Last edited by KnittyGirl; May 27 2023 at 09:19 AM.
Old May 27 2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
Thank you. Yes, I was harvesting on my farm (I have a farm dedicated to Quest crops). I was unaware of going through a restaurant and requesting an ingredient that way. I just looked at the Gift guide and no onions were listed. I will try that! Edit: I just tried it and it worked!! Thank you!!!

You are welcome KnittyGirl and thanks for coming back to let us know it worked for you

Im not sure why the onions were not registered for your quest when harvesting them.

Onions are not giftable, but the Gift lifeline allows you to ask for ingredients or gifts.
This is the link to the Game Guide for Quests which includes the Giftlines in case you need it for other quest:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
Old Jun 02 2023, 02:32 AM

I recently had a quest requiring 1 soybean. As I didn't have any soybean ready, I clicked the lifeline and got Employee. So I went to a farm where I am SN (using the web version of the game) and harvested five soybeans. Quest showed 0 done. So I went back and harvested nine soybean. Quest still showed 0 done. Reloaded the game, still 0 soybean done.
I then loaded the facebook version of FT, went to the same farm, harvested five soybean and that step then showed as completed in my quest.
Perhaps there is a problem with the employee lifeline when working as SN in the web version of FT?
Old Jun 02 2023, 04:51 AM

No 'Open' box on the quest on the last step of the quest. I had to go into the facility via my farm and ask for ingredients. https://prnt.sc/nsKsRjDO7F6i it's like on the slashkey version too.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jun 02 2023, 06:26 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
No 'Open' box on the quest on the last step of the quest. I had to go into the facility via my farm and ask for ingredients. https://prnt.sc/nsKsRjDO7F6i it's like on the slashkey version too.
Hi Alexandra_J,

You can't open the facility in the final step until you have green check marks on all the previous steps. The mouseover is telling you that you need to complete the steps highlighted in green first.

The same applies to steps before the last step. For example if you did not already have a check mark pine logs there would be not be an open button when you mouseover produce cardstock.

When previous quest steps are not completed and you want to request ingredients from a facility that you can't open in the quest manager yet, you do have to look for the facility either in your facility manager or on the farm and open it there to request them.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 02 2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Alexandra_J,

You can't open the facility in the final step until you have green check marks on all the previous steps. The mouseover is telling you that you need to complete the steps highlighted in green first.

The same applies to steps before the last step. For example if you did not already have a check mark pine logs there would be not be an open button when you mouseover produce cardstock.

When previous quest steps are not completed and you want to request ingredients from a facility that you can't open in the quest manager yet, you do have to look for the facility either in your facility manager or on the farm and open it there to request them.
I've always been able to open the facility via the quest in the middle of a quest either to ask for ingredients and I can't
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jun 02 2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondGuy View Post
I recently had a quest requiring 1 soybean. As I didn't have any soybean ready, I clicked the lifeline and got Employee. So I went to a farm where I am SN (using the web version of the game) and harvested five soybeans. Quest showed 0 done. So I went back and harvested nine soybean. Quest still showed 0 done. Reloaded the game, still 0 soybean done.
I then loaded the facebook version of FT, went to the same farm, harvested five soybean and that step then showed as completed in my quest.
Perhaps there is a problem with the employee lifeline when working as SN in the web version of FT?
Hi RichmondGuy,

When you harvest for someone else you only get a percentage of what is harvested so as a super neighbour you can't harvest one soybean to get the step completed on the quest.

For crops you get 10% of what you harvest, so for one soybean you would need to harvest 10 of them as a super neighbour.

If crops are fertilised you can get the step completed by harvesting less than 10 as you would get more crops when they are fertilised than you would if they were not.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jun 02 2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
I've always been able to open the facility via the quest in the middle of a quest either to ask for ingredients and I can't
Hi Alexandra_J,

You can only open a facility when previous steps needed to make a specific product have a check mark. That hasn't changed.

When you have a quest with multiple products made in the same facility you can only open it when one of those products has all the check marks needed to make it and that step has not been started yet.

For example if you had ONLY got green check marks on soybean and blueberries, you would be able to open the ink and pigments factory using the open button on Produce blue ink which would then allow you to request ingredients for anything that facility makes.

Clickable Help Links:

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline