Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Closed Thread

Old May 21 2023, 06:00 AM

Unhappy Tough Love

I wonder sometimes if I made an honest opinion about how others tend to play without calling individuals out and not meaning to make anyone mad, but just stating facts on how I see people literally present selfish behavior if that would be allowed. Specifically in the Market for hire. I just shake my head sometimes.
Old May 22 2023, 09:54 AM

Talking Oh the humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike4u View Post
I wonder sometimes if I made an honest opinion about how others tend to play without calling individuals out and not meaning to make anyone mad, but just stating facts on how I see people literally present selfish behavior if that would be allowed. Specifically in the Market for hire. I just shake my head sometimes.
@Spike4u,
Probably not, but just know that some of us also see what you see.

It's not just in the FT MP, it's a reflection of society in general. You're going to have players who will be thoughtful, helpful, polite, and thorough. You will have players who might be new and not understand the rules, or who perhaps just mimic what they see others do and don't understand they are repeating poor behavior. You will have players who are just not self-aware, or aware that how they are playing is negatively affecting others. And then you will have players who are greedy, thoughtless, and rude, who don't understand (or perhaps care) that other avatars are attached to real human beings who have real feelings, who also invest time, money, and care into playing this game, etc., and who may lack empathy.

The fact is, that's what real life is like, too. This is just a cross-section of humanity. It's really not going to do you much good to call people out, because people who are in that latter category, they just don't get it. It's literally not in their DNA to understand why you are upset, and instead, they will only make you more upset when they turn it back on you. You won't get any apologies from them, just grief.

The best thing to do is just to block them - you can even block them in the Marketplace, from seeing or hearing them if they are being obnoxious. Just because other people have decided to play this game that you wanted to play does not mean you are required to deal with them. There are thousands of other people who are thoughtful players with whom you can deal. Life is too short to worry about the obnoxious ones. They have just as much right to play the game as anyone else, as long as they aren't breaking any rules or laws, but you can get them out of your environment.

I hope that this helps in some small way. I also hope that you have a great week of farming this week! This is a game, it's supposed to be enjoyable for us. Never forget that!
Closed Thread