Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 02 2021, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva101 View Post
788662902 id..I'm feed up
Hi Diva,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the HTML loading problems.
I am sorry, but we only have the offer of what you have already been told. It is not a problem with the game as most are able to play.

Please check if there is any update for Windows, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

Also if you go to the first post, first page of this thread, there are steps to let you check your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 03 2021, 12:09 AM

the game works fine - albeit a little slow - on Chrome, but it freezes up on firefox, all i see is a green screen where my farm should be. from reading other threads, my hardware & graphics cards are adequate, i have enough memory, all that is good. what am i missing? i'm not going to spend hard-earned dollars on a newer computer, for ONE Facebook game, so don't suggest that i do so (computer does everything else, no point in replacing it).

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Mar 03 2021, 05:12 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
the game works fine - albeit a little slow - on Chrome, but it freezes up on firefox, all i see is a green screen where my farm should be. from reading other threads, my hardware & graphics cards are adequate, i have enough memory, all that is good. what am i missing? i'm not going to spend hard-earned dollars on a newer computer, for ONE Facebook game, so don't suggest that i do so (computer does everything else, no point in replacing it).
Hi supertrucker,

Without you listing what you have already tried to resolve this, I may suggest something you have already done. As you are saying Chrome is a little slow as well as your issue with Firefox, I will just list what to try for both of them.

Please check that you have done:
  • all your software and driver updates on your computer
  • make sure that Chrome and Firefox are up to date and that hardware acceleration when available is enabled in the browsers
  • any extensions on the browsers that added, are disabled while you try to load the game.

If you make any changes to your browsers, please remember to close and reopen the browser to make sure those changes are saved and applied.

If you still have difficulties after that please go to the 1st post on page 1 of this thread. There is more information for you there so you can check what your computer has compared to what would provide optimal game play. There are also instructions for various issues depending on what you are seeing when you try to load the game and what is showing in the FT Console beneath the game screen when you try the different browsers.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 03 2021, 07:25 PM

so frustrating................everything checked and utd.........success for a day or two and then nothing..........reported problems then i can get back on......gggrrrrrrr
Old Mar 03 2021, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndswei@thesafety.net View Post
so frustrating................everything checked and utd.........success for a day or two and then nothing..........reported problems then i can get back on......gggrrrrrrr
Hi cndswei,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the HTML version loading problems. At what point is it stopping loading when it isn't working? Are you getting any error messages when this happens?
What type of computer do you have and what browsers are you using?

Without you listing what you have already tried to resolve this, I may suggest something you have already done.

Please check that you have done:
  • all your software and driver updates on your computer
  • make sure that Chrome and Firefox are up to date and that hardware acceleration when available is enabled in the browsers
  • any extensions on the browsers that added, are disabled while you try to load the game.

If you make any changes to your browsers, please remember to close and reopen the browser to make sure those changes are saved and applied.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 03 2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old Mar 03 2021, 07:56 PM

Unhappy Play game

Can you tell me when Farmtown is going to be back to play, I like all others are really missing not being able to play,,
Old Mar 03 2021, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid1960 View Post
Can you tell me when Farmtown is going to be back to play, I like all others are really missing not being able to play,,
Hi Ingrid,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the HTML version loading problems. The game has been playable since early January.

If you are having trouble loading Farm Town, please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.
Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.

There are more steps to try in the first post of this thread to check out your computer as well.
Old Mar 04 2021, 09:51 AM

Will the game be playable on Android systems when the update is done?
Old Mar 04 2021, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGC View Post
Will the game be playable on Android systems when the update is done?
Hi TGC,
I have it on my Android phone, but too small to do anything. The developers are concentrating on getting the game finished for desktop/laptop computers and not doing anything for tablets/phones right now. We don't know if they will work on those later or not.
Old Mar 04 2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi TGC,
I have it on my Android phone, but too small to do anything. The developers are concentrating on getting the game finished for desktop/laptop computers and not doing anything for tablets/phones right now. We don't know if they will work on those later or not.
Ok, thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl