Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 31 2010, 02:32 AM

It's definitely true that most people don't bother to answer questions. They just focus on putting forth their own advertisement. I haven't had much bad experience in hiring though. Even I don't get answers I leave and go to another market place. It's a little time consuming but I get satisfactory workers so far.

I always remind my employees to harvest my trees when I want them done. In my first farm I have a few fields hidden by trees, and I can immediately tell if someone's had their trees hidden just by observing whether they've harvested those fields. In the second farm there are so few trees that it's easy to overlook them even one doesn't have trees off. When I clearly state what I want I usually get what I wish, especially when I hire people who at least pay SOME attention to the chatting box in the first place.

When I'm hired I usually enter the farm, I will hide the trees if they cover some fields that need harvesting. I also always check whether the trees are harvestable before doing the fields. Then, after I do the fields, I always get my trees on again. It's partially done to double check if I've missed any trees, but mostly I just always play with my trees on. My farm simply looks hideous without trees and I can't stand that.
Old Mar 31 2010, 11:48 AM
Account Not Linked

Default was blaming my computer but maybe wrong?

I am having to use my old slow puter as newer one waiting for repairs. I tried working on another farm but by the time my slow dinasaur got me there the job was pretty much done. Apologized to farmer and she nicely said no problem would hire you when you can do the job. So figured could offer work to others as the capability of my computer should not affect them? First time nice job done. This morning offered work to two people, one never responded the other said yes and never showed up. Tried again and someone came did half the job and left. So after reading stuff on here this seems a common practice?? So I can assume its nothing to do with my computer or maybe my farm isnt big enough yet to interest them? I dont get it. Can someone help me out here, will continue to offer work if my puter isnt causing them a problem otherwise will just continue doing it myself for now. Thanks
Old Apr 01 2010, 06:02 AM

I've just come to make an observation that has been reinforced to me tonight in the market place. There have been various posts regarding 'rude' people who don't accept an invitation to work on your farm when they are clicked on. The complaint is that they don't accept, don't decline and 'rudely ignore' the invitation.

My point is that this is not always the case. I have just been working from the market place. As usual I turned up and greeted the group with 'good evening everyone' and within seconds I had been sent three offers of employment. They all came hot foot on top of one another and so quickly that by the time I clicked it was on the third offer which was on the front of the pile of requests. The way the market works only allows us under these circumstances to click on the front request and gives us no way to explain to the previous two what happened and that I was not being rude.

This has happened on numerous occasions, and I always feel bad about the first two people who tried to hire me .... but there is nothing I can do to get back to them because I didn't even get a chance to see their names. So, please understand that this can easily happen and that all is not always as it seems.
Old Apr 02 2010, 12:33 PM

Hi all,
I've been searching and searching the forums but can't find any information on the double hire for plowing practice. What exactly does it do and does it effect the person doing the hiring? ie, exp points or costs?
Old Apr 02 2010, 12:45 PM

It has no effect on exp points or costs. All it does is get rid of the red square the plower sees on the crop. This makes it a little easier to plow some say. I don't even notice a difference, but that may be due to the way I plow (machine gun style down a row without focusing on a specific square).

Quote:
Originally Posted by baickle View Post
Hi all,
I've been searching and searching the forums but can't find any information on the double hire for plowing practice. What exactly does it do and does it effect the person doing the hiring? ie, exp points or costs?
Old Apr 03 2010, 02:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Wrongful Hiring ~ dirty players!!

Seems the latest dirty deed is to hire someone to harvest your full-size farm planted in raspberries. You get to the last few plots and up pops the eagerly awaited 'plow request', so you blindly click on it. Off you go to another farm that is totally planted or basically covered in cased off Christmas decorations and trees. Nothing there for you to do!!
And you sit and wait ~ cuz you know that you were just harvesting along side this person a moment ago.....! Oh wait, that's the game.
If they get you to do all the dirty work at the cheap rate of raspberries, and then ditch you onto another useless farm, all the plowing is for them. And, it's the high rankers that are doing it.
Third time this week, not just a random thing. As I"m not use to reporting stupid people, I usually just leave them a note letting them know THAT I know what they did. They never reply back......funny eh!!!
I need to start looking for that abuse button!! Rather tired of this nonsense!
Happy Easter everyone! That's my rant for the day!!! LOL
Aunt Lucy
Old Apr 03 2010, 03:33 PM
Account Not Linked

They don't have to hire to you plow after you harvest any crop. When you are hired to harvest you are hired to do just that harvest regardless of what the crop is. If you are not happy about how much it pays leave the farm and go back to the market place...

There are many players who can't hire people to plow due to not having enough neighbors as well.

Personally, if I was sent to another farm for "plowing" and there was nothing there to plow I would have just left instead of having a fit about it. It is just a game after all.
Old Apr 04 2010, 09:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
...within seconds I had been sent three offers of employment. They all came hot foot on top of one another and so quickly that by the time I clicked it was on the third offer which was on the front of the pile of requests. The way the market works only allows us under these circumstances to click on the front request and gives us no way to explain to the previous two what happened and that I was not being rude.

This has happened on numerous occasions, and I always feel bad about the first two people who tried to hire me .... but there is nothing I can do to get back to them because I didn't even get a chance to see their names. So, please understand that this can easily happen and that all is not always as it seems...
Same here. When I used to go to the market, I would politely ask if I can help anyone at their farm...and within seconds I'd be hit by a flood of hires flashing on my screen, trampling one another in their frenzy to hire me before I can even blink.

I learned that if I was asking for plowing, and the last hire was a harvest, I would simply have my avatar state that I was looking for plowing ONLY...and then wait. Invariably, I would see a previously bumped plowing hire reappear on my screen...and then I will snatch it.

Or, if the flood was really overwhelming, I would announce a thank you to all the people trying to hire me, and say I got a job. Only then would I click on the final hire.

Figure it is just good manners.

But.....I no longer hire at the Market. With all my facilities, I'm finding the price of crops is irrelevant when using them to process other goods. So....I'm using my neighbors and my own labor (with machines) to harvest and plow now. Making better money, and so are my neighbors who share in my bounty.

Not sure if making self harvest/plow just as cost effective as hiring was intentional on the part of the devs ...or not. But it has changed the way I play the game. Now I only go to the market to sell, not to hire.

Last edited by prettyponies; Apr 04 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 05 2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
They don't have to hire to you plow after you harvest any crop. When you are hired to harvest you are hired to do just that harvest regardless of what the crop is. If you are not happy about how much it pays leave the farm and go back to the market place...

There are many players who can't hire people to plow due to not having enough neighbors as well.

Personally, if I was sent to another farm for "plowing" and there was nothing there to plow I would have just left instead of having a fit about it. It is just a game after all.
They can't hire you to plow unless there is something there to plow. Now, it might be only one field but the game won't let you hire someone if there isn't something to do.
Old Apr 05 2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I've just come to make an observation that has been reinforced to me tonight in the market place. There have been various posts regarding 'rude' people who don't accept an invitation to work on your farm when they are clicked on. The complaint is that they don't accept, don't decline and 'rudely ignore' the invitation.

My point is that this is not always the case. I have just been working from the market place. As usual I turned up and greeted the group with 'good evening everyone' and within seconds I had been sent three offers of employment. They all came hot foot on top of one another and so quickly that by the time I clicked it was on the third offer which was on the front of the pile of requests. The way the market works only allows us under these circumstances to click on the front request and gives us no way to explain to the previous two what happened and that I was not being rude.

This has happened on numerous occasions, and I always feel bad about the first two people who tried to hire me .... but there is nothing I can do to get back to them because I didn't even get a chance to see their names. So, please understand that this can easily happen and that all is not always as it seems.
You're exactly right.

I've had it happen a couple of times that I was there to hire someone and when I was about to click on the box to go with them another box popped up over the top and before I knew it I was off to harvest for someone.