Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 09 2022, 11:01 PM

Default Cargo ship prep

Given the range of 4.5 - 6 minutes, per container, it's not impossible to prep a ship in about an hour, if you're attentive. If need be, you can use the timer on you phone's watch, setting it for the interval. Even at worst, it's not impossible, if one's attentive, to get the job done in the 24 hr period.
Old Sep 02 2022, 09:06 PM

I have been filling and doing ships since they came about. Each day I become a little more frustrated by how we send them off to ports, for one reason after another get stuck because players forget to close their ports. Another problem is that even if they do close their port it is done without any notice. I currently have two people who have closed their ship and one neighbor who has gone MIA and that ship has been stuck for one day plus 12 hrs. Ships should be done the same as trains so farmers can keep better track of them and not lose cargo. Maybe it is time to stop using them! PattyAnne
Old Sep 02 2022, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgalpatti View Post
I have been filling and doing ships since they came about. Each day I become a little more frustrated by how we send them off to ports, for one reason after another get stuck because players forget to close their ports. Another problem is that even if they do close their port it is done without any notice. I currently have two people who have closed their ship and one neighbor who has gone MIA and that ship has been stuck for one day plus 12 hrs. Ships should be done the same as trains so farmers can keep better track of them and not lose cargo. Maybe it is time to stop using them! PattyAnne
Hi PattyAnne,
Are you using the same logbook for all your ships? If not that can help if you pick the most active of your neighbors. You can find out how to do that in the Game Guide chapter 32 about ships.
If you want to make a suggestion about how to do the ships please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize those by subject for the developers to see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 04 2022, 10:07 AM

I have a lot of neighbours who neither move on ships nor close their ports. It is, I agree, very frustrating. I've put them all in a block between more reliable neighbours so my ships don't get stuck. Never put someone unreliable at the end of the logbook. Your ship will be there for EVER. Controlling in which order your ships visit the ports is vital to successful shipping.
Old Nov 21 2022, 08:55 AM

I don't know why we can't choose, permanently, who's ports we want the ships to dock at. I have plenty of friends who do not want to do ships so my stuff sits there for days. Sometimes you can catch it and skip ports, but then it just gets stuck at the last one. Now I see why people DON'T want to do them.
Old Nov 21 2022, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMab99 View Post
I don't know why we can't choose, permanently, who's ports we want the ships to dock at. I have plenty of friends who do not want to do ships so my stuff sits there for days. Sometimes you can catch it and skip ports, but then it just gets stuck at the last one. Now I see why people DON'T want to do them.
Hi QueenMab,
You can choose a permanent list if you do the replace and set them in the order you want. The only thing you have to remember is when you are preparing the ship is to go to the log book and click on reuse last itinerary. Instructions on how to do this are in the Game Guide chapter about Cargo Ships.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2023, 08:14 PM

Angry i quit ships

I have quit the sending of my ships

1 day to get them all loaded and despatched is simply to short it needs to be 1.5 days minimum so there is some room for error

i have tried all different ways to make them work even like starting a ship just before i go to work with the idea of despatching it the next morning or just before o go to sleep but no often forget and just miss the time slot

there is no room for error untill the time frame is extended my ships are mothballed im leaving my port open to send others ships on only.

never heard of a shipping port unload a container because it wasnt loaded intime lol then reload it

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jan 25 2023, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
I have quit the sending of my ships

1 day to get them all loaded and despatched is simply to short it needs to be 1.5 days minimum so there is some room for error

i have tried all different ways to make them work even like starting a ship just before i go to work with the idea of despatching it the next morning or just before o go to sleep but no often forget and just miss the time slot

there is no room for error untill the time frame is extended my ships are mothballed im leaving my port open to send others ships on only.

never heard of a shipping port unload a container because it wasnt loaded intime lol then reload it
Hi Al bundy,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section.
Old Jan 28 2023, 07:54 PM

Default ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMab99 View Post
I agree with you. Being able to have active participants working your ships would be a blessing and remove a lot of frustration.
Old Feb 16 2023, 05:30 PM

I think the developers need to come up with a better way for neighbors to load and sent ships on to the next post. I currently have four ships help up by one neighbor. One has been in her port for 1 day and 4 hours. Farmers are postings all the time asking neighbors to close their ports if they are not going to be available in a timely fashion. It is very frustrating as it is time-consuming preparing the ship only to have it sit at a port over 24 hr period and/or skip the port. All farmers should have at least one option to forward a ship that is stuck on all ships, not just the blue ship. I had one stuck on the last port until the time ran out to send it home due to the death of the farmer. Thank you for listening to my concerns. Patty