Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 27 2012, 12:16 AM

Default New Release -- September 27th, 2012

See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Oct 13th, 19:40PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 21 Regular (non Farming) People in the Store.

2. 25 New Levels: More than 50 items all in coins.

3. Farm 16: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 16: 16000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 13000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 14000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 15000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1900000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 2000000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 2100000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000
28 x 28 Upgrade: 5000000000
30 x 30 Upgrade: 4000000000

4. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 10 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on.

Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See December 30th Release Post for the benefit % table.

5. Prodution Increases: Super animals now produce 33% more product in the same time frame, ex: when you harvest a Holstein Cow you get 20 milk instead of 15.

6. Farm Selector Manager: There is a new Farm Selector icon in the extended tool bar that will allow you to reorder the farms in your farm selector. Here are the rules:

- You can reorder your farms any way you like, for example you can have your farm 10 appear first in your farm selector
- The new farm order will be the one appearing in the Multi Farm Hire window as well
- To generate a URL link to a specific farm in the farm selector that you can paste in your browser or share with your friends use the Copy Link button
- If anything goes wrong with this functionality you can always use the Reset button to go back to your farms original order

7. Realtor Office Content Change: Due to the above change, the realtor office will only allow you to buy upgrades for the current selected farm, so if you want to upgrade a specific farm, say, farm 10, you first need to navigate to that farm and then once there, open the realtor office.

8. Fishing Boat (Turbo): If you already own the Fishing Boat (5 x 5) you can buy this new Fishing Boat to catch all fish in a single water item with one click. For example, you will catch all fish in a Seacoast with one click, the same can be done with a Lake or a River piece.

9.Moving FarmCash items when designing with others in realtime: When you invite others to design a farm together you now have the option to allow the designer to move your farm cash items as well by checking a checkbox in the request message box.

10. Bug Fixes and Improvements:

- The "To Go:" line was sometimes missing in the Train Status tab
- When decorative "Farming People" are added to the Item Storage they go into the People category, not Farming category
- More control on who can work your facilities, the Mayor only helps when it's a friend working your facilities. Also, a security issue was allowing some users work the same friend facilities more than once immediately without waiting, this is now fixed
- Fixed corruption of the final User in the "User Actions Panel" at the bottom of the game

11. Funeral Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Funeral Supplies.

Pall
Pulpit
Urn
Crucifix
Candlestick
Prie Dieu
Casket
Standing Spray

12. Party Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Party Supplies.

Disposable Cutlery
Plate Set
Batman Costume
Hat
Candle Set
Horn Set
Glasses-Nose Mask
Pinata

New products on other facilities:

Party Invitations in the Printing and Packaging Factory
Table Top in the Sewing Mill

13. Funeral Home (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Photo Frame
Flower Bouquets
Coffee
All products from the Funeral Supplies Factory

14. Party Store (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Balloons
Party Invitation
Table Top
All products from the Party Supplies Factory

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Sep 27th, 2:30AM EST

- Search functionality in the Store fixed
- Farm sizes added to farm name when you mouse over the farm selector so you can see at a glance all your farm sizes

Post Release Updates - Sep 27th, 4:50AM EST

- The fixes we launched 2 hours ago were causing loading issues for a lot of users so we reverted those changes back. Now the game should load fine but the bugs for the issues above are still present.

Post Release Updates - Sep 28th, 2:00PM EST

- Purple Boat should now always fish all fish in a water item, including river corners
- You can use now all boats again, including purple one, when hired only for fishing
- Search functionality in the Store fixed
- Farm sizes added to farm name when you mouse over the farm selector

Post Release Updates - Sep 28th, 5:50PM EST

- We re-enabled the clear_memcached link so you will be able to clean most of the volatile data from memory EXCEPT that information that will otherwise enable the following:

- Infinite lottery collection, infinite gifts sending and infinite facility working

Post Release Updates - Oct 3rd, 9:00PM EST

- 25 New Levels

- Halloween Items: No new items from last year, we will release a few new items in the next 2 weeks

- The Topiary category was merged into the Farm Decor category, some topiaries are now offered in coins instead of farmcash

- Fish count won't go negative anymore on water items

- There is a new preference named 'Skip Funeral Facilities' in the preference window that when checked will always skip the funeral facilities when you work for others, therefore you will never see any new products produced on them in your storage. We will do the same for quests in 1 or 2 days. We may also do the same thing for other facilities like alcohol related, etc.

- If you use the Farm Selector Manager to re-order your farms the facilities ARE NOW organized by the farm index in the Facility Manager

- Several Farm Selector Manager issues has been corrected, for example, sometimes when you changed your farms order that order was reflected on other people farms, also sometimes some of the farms were missing, all that should be fixed now

- When you buy a new farm in the Realtor Office, after you reload the game you will land on the new farm you just purchased so you are already on the correct farm to start buying the land upgrades. Also, when you buy a land upgrade you will land on the same farm after a refresh for the same reason

- This is a clarification as to wether you can work your friends facilities for second time. The rule that have been in place since we launched the facilities is this: You can work all your friends facilities again when 8 hours has passed after you last worked on any of your friends facilities. So for instance, if you want to work your friends facilities twice a day and you work them the first time at 10AM, you will be able to work them all again after 6PM that same day

Post Release Updates - Oct 8th, 1:40PM EST

- The 'Skip Funeral Facilities' preference had a bug that was causing ocasionally funeral products go to storage when checked, this should be fixed now. Also, when this preference is checked, funeral products are now also excluded from Quests.

Post Release Updates - Oct 13th, 19:40PM EST

- 10 New Halloween Items in the Store

Known Issues

None

Last edited by Raul; Oct 14 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for the new farm and other items, off to see what is new. I see you have changed the Realtors Office to where it only shows upgrading the current farm and you don't see any of the other farms to upgrade, so how am I going to know by looking what all of my farms have been upgraded to.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:34 AM
Account Not Linked

What a nice surprise when I opened the tool box & saw the Farm Selection Manager! Developers are awesome!
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:35 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
Thanks for the new farm and other items, off to see what is new. I see you have changed the Realtors Office to where it only shows upgrading the current farm and you don't see any of the other farms to upgrade, so how am I going to know by looking what all of my farms have been upgraded to.
You snuck that in while I blinked!!! Love love love Farm 16 and the new turbo fishing boat. And we can have a funeral now and hold the wake after!!
How does the friends only working your facs once work? Can we still go back after 12 hours and work them again or does the friend have to post another request?

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:38 AM

I absolutely love being able to rearrange my farms. I like to have my quest farm be the most recent one, but I wasn't looking forward to moving my small groupings with all the useable trees and flowers, now I can just rearrange and renumber.
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:47 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks for the update!!! no I am off to buy more "people" just wish I could see them without having to uncover decorations...a bit of a pain, lol

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:48 AM

I sure HOPE the devs didn't mean to disable the Mem Cache cleaner since it FIXED so many other problems within the game!!! PLEASE bring it back!!!
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
How does the friends only working your facs once work? Can we still go back after 12 hours and work them again or does the friend have to post another request
I was wondering the same thing. It was kinda handy being able to post my facilities once and have 'em worked up to four times (twice a day) before that invite expired two days later.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Sep 27 2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It was kinda handy being able to post my facilities once and have 'em worked up to four times (twice a day) before that invite expired two days later.
I'm pretty sure the "friends only working facs once" still will work the same way it used to. What they disabled was the Mem Cache Cleaner BUT it also fixed a lot of problems within the game so I hope they find a way to bring it back while keeping their "fix"

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 01:04 AM
Account Not Linked

The search engine in the store is not working anymore, when you click on the search box and enter any letter it immediately highlights Seeds and just shows the regular screen and as you type for example type in lily the screen doesn't change it still show the normal Seeds screen.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Closed Thread