Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 14 2022, 05:35 PM

Hmm ok thanks Taz! I will look more closely next time
Old Jul 14 2022, 08:28 PM

I just harvested sugarcane for a mint syrup in the regular quests, but it did not register as harvested. This same thing happened last week with a crop of broccoli. I went to the quest immediately after harvesting to start the sugar process but the sugarcane was still unchecked. There are no other quests that needed sugarcane fulfilled. I even exited the game completely and came back. Also had trouble loading a cooperative quest this morning where it said I needed more onions in my storage - but it was a cooperative quest where all ingredients are gathered from neighbors or the forum. I don't know if these two things are related or not.
Old Jul 14 2022, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncinj View Post
I just harvested sugarcane for a mint syrup in the regular quests, but it did not register as harvested. This same thing happened last week with a crop of broccoli. I went to the quest immediately after harvesting to start the sugar process but the sugarcane was still unchecked. There are no other quests that needed sugarcane fulfilled. I even exited the game completely and came back. Also had trouble loading a cooperative quest this morning where it said I needed more onions in my storage - but it was a cooperative quest where all ingredients are gathered from neighbors or the forum. I don't know if these two things are related or not.
Hi johncinj,
How many sugarcane did you harvest? It takes 10 sugarcane to start one batch of Sugar.

Did you harvest them on your own farm yourself? You can not hire someone to harvest them for you.

For the onions if you don't have them in storage at the time you try to start the last step of that quest then that would be why it said you needed them. You have very few onions in your storage now.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 15 2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi johncinj,
How many sugarcane did you harvest? It takes 10 sugarcane to start one batch of Sugar.

Did you harvest them on your own farm yourself? You can not hire someone to harvest them for you.

For the onions, if you don't have them in storage at the time you try to start the last step of that quest then that would be why it said you needed them. You have very few onions in your storage now.
I harvested 2 small fields of sugarcane myself on my own farm - well more than the 10 required. The broccoli that had the same problem was a very large field that I also harvested myself. As for the onions in the cooperative quest, I thought all products needed for cooperative quests were based on what was gathered from neighbors and/or forum - not based on what we have in storage. I guess I was wrong about that.
I understand that the regular quests are based on what we have in storage. I've been playing this game for many years and don't recall having been denied loading a cooperative quest based on my storage before. Suppose there's a first time for everything!
Old Jul 15 2022, 11:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncinj View Post
I harvested 2 small fields of sugarcane myself on my own farm - well more than the 10 required. The broccoli that had the same problem was a very large field that I also harvested myself. As for the onions in the cooperative quest, I thought all products needed for cooperative quests were based on what was gathered from neighbors and/or forum - not based on what we have in storage. I guess I was wrong about that.
I understand that the regular quests are based on what we have in storage. I've been playing this game for many years and don't recall having been denied loading a cooperative quest based on my storage before. Suppose there's a first time for everything!
Hi johncinj,
For the co-op quests, when you go to load the last step in your own facility it looks to the storage just as it does normally for loading those. The items you get from your neighbors for those quests go into your storage. They are not held separately, so can be used for any facility loading. If you are short of an ingredient then when you load the quest step you may not have enough to do so.
For the regular quest problems please contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 16 2022, 01:36 PM

Thank you for explaining the gather/storage process for quests! That helps a lot and I won't growl at the game when that happens again.
I also ran a general clean-up program for my computer. It fixed the other issues I was having working the farm in Chrome. I will contact Support for the vanishing harvest issues. Thanks Taz!
Old Jul 17 2022, 09:08 AM

Default Frustrating -- and probably sad -- Quest is impossible

Today's Quest requires a red maple tree, available only as a gift from a friend -- and I couldn't believe that I don't have a single red maple on any of my farms. And now I never will...

It's frustrating to note that I am the ONLY one of my friends who has stuck with FarmTown -- frustrating, annoying, and probably a little sad that I don't have a wider circle of friends.

So I can't complete this Quest.

Please consider not creating Quests that require actions the player is not able to control.
Old Jul 17 2022, 09:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie66901 View Post
Today's Quest requires a red maple tree, available only as a gift from a friend -- and I couldn't believe that I don't have a single red maple on any of my farms. And now I never will...

It's frustrating to note that I am the ONLY one of my friends who has stuck with FarmTown -- frustrating, annoying, and probably a little sad that I don't have a wider circle of friends.

So I can't complete this Quest.

Please consider not creating Quests that require actions the player is not able to control.
Hi Sadie,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about quests. Do you not have any gifts in your My Requests from your 5 neighbors? If you have 1 gift there you can exchange it for a red maple tree, accept it and plant it on your farms.
Old Aug 13 2022, 07:15 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone,

We are aware that there are problems with working facilities as well as starting/loading batches using some methods which can affect the NCC and Quests.

For full details please click on this link to be taken to the post in the known issues section of the forum:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658530

The developers and support are aware of the problems. We apologize for the inconveniences caused and again ask you to try to be patient while we wait for this to be resolved.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 24 2022, 05:22 AM

I have a superneighbor who has a lifeline by working for neighbors but when he works my facilities he does get credit for working them!

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline