Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 03 2022, 02:20 PM
Account Not Linked

thanks for the update
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:30 PM

"...are about app integration and experience." Sounds like Facebook is talking gobbledygook to me. "app integration and experience" sounds to be very subjective. It's like they are saying we can shut you down becasue they don't like the colors or fonts you're using, or just because they don't like farming games or just because they want to. This is in no way a criticism of the developers or moderators. It just sounds like Facebook is being very petty about the whole thing.
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:42 PM

Default Please fix this so you do not cause us any more griief thank you

We will lose our crops again and now again you do nothing you seem to be more interested in farm pass which you charge people who has time to do this extra stuff and pay for you never give us rewards for being patient this is so unfair to all of us.
Please think of players who have been loyal to you
Sincerely
A loyal player
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:46 PM

intergration and experience ....what does that mean? I know what it means in general but what coul have happened? There have been a lot of people saying lately that they have been locked out of ame due to fast clicking could that be what they mean?
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBear7042 View Post
We will lose our crops again and now again you do nothing you seem to be more interested in farm pass which you charge people who has time to do this extra stuff and pay for you never give us rewards for being patient this is so unfair to all of us.
Please think of players who have been loyal to you
Sincerely
A loyal player
Hi AngelBear,
I assure you they would like nothing better than to fix the issue, but Facebook has been so vague they are not sure what they need to "fix".
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:50 PM

Might one suggest that, as this came almost immediately after an update, the developers concentrate on writing code for another platform and desist from updates for the Facebook version.

Facebook have made it absolutely clear that they don't want to host Farmtown so Slashkey should be pulling out all the stops to leave Facebook.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 03 2022 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Removed reference to outside game
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
intergration and experience ....what does that mean? I know what it means in general but what coul have happened? There have been a lot of people saying lately that they have been locked out of ame due to fast clicking could that be what they mean?
Hi Don't feed the beggers,
That seems to be the problem. What exactly does that mean and what do the developers need to fix. I don't think it has anything to do with the fast clicking.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2022, 02:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Chris03 View Post
Might one suggest that, as this came almost immediately after an update, the developers concentrate on writing code for another platform and desist from updates for the Facebook version.
If they did that, people would complain about no updates.

It's pretty clear that the people who are making the most noise about FarmTown leaving Facebook have never actually managed a website, let alone designed one. Or programmed anything! Unlike your desktop computers, it's not a matter of point and click.

Egads! Find something else to do for awhile!
Old Dec 03 2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
If they did that, people would complain about no updates.

It's pretty clear that the people who are making the most noise about FarmTown leaving Facebook have never actually managed a website, let alone designed one. Or programmed anything! Unlike your desktop computers, it's not a matter of point and click.

Egads! Find something else to do for awhile!
this is exactly it, people are not understanding either by choice or because they don't know that to build a site that is workable for ft staff and players is NOT going to easy and it certainly won't be quick. Good possibility that if they do chose to go on their own in the end the game will change just because limitations and cost will be tricky. It's so dfferent than building a web page that can be done in a very short time, to start from teh ground up could take weeks or even months. **edited to remind people that it was posted earlier that building a new site was NOT going to happen**

For now find something else to do bake cookies, call a friend and go for coffee, volunteer in a soup kitchen, sit with a sick friend, find another game, walk the dog ...there are many options for everyone.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178

Last edited by Don't feed the beggers; Dec 03 2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old Dec 03 2022, 03:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir winalot View Post
I am very aware of the complexity of the game, as I, like most, have been here from the start, so I do appreciate the challenges involved. I was wondering whether there may be an offline type option for this synario, since players who were playing offline when fb removed access are still able to play, so that suggests that only the connection to the game is missing, (API), and that would be relatively simple to reproduce, and would at least allow players to work their own farms.
I agree with you

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error