Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 02 2022, 06:01 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Farm Town is down again as of early morning 1st Dec 2022.

Farm Town has been Deactivated by Facebook again.

We do apologize, but we had no prior warning that this was going to happen.

The developers are looking into the latest reasons for why this has happened again and that will take some time.

We do not have any time frame for you yet as to when the game might be back up again.

We will update the Announcement in the forum as soon as we have more information to add!

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Once again, we can only apologize for the inconvenience caused!

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 02 2022, 08:24 AM

Just a thought.....I noticed last time and again this time, before FT went down, the profile page & Icon changed from a red 'F' to the pig over the fence on my bookmarks bar about a week before. And, this screen brings with it smaller farm screen and advertising all other games to play on FB taking over the screen on the right, which is quite annoying. It's as If they want you to join in their own games on line and not this, as it is the biggest user.
Old Dec 02 2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewergirl1961 View Post
Just a thought.....I noticed last time and again this time, before FT went down, the profile page & Icon changed from a red 'F' to the pig over the fence on my bookmarks bar about a week before. And, this screen brings with it smaller farm screen and advertising all other games to play on FB taking over the screen on the right, which is quite annoying. It's as If they want you to join in their own games on line and not this, as it is the biggest user.

Hi brewergirl

I got different type of screens during the last months, not all of us have the same.
Some friends still have the "old" screen but others have the new one with game advertising and also icons above the game screen.
Those icons can be found on the left column for other farmers.
Old Dec 02 2022, 10:12 AM

The thing that is really sticking in my craw is I paid for Farm Pass and I'm not able to use it.
Old Dec 02 2022, 10:13 AM

any word from fb or ft on what happened this time and how long we will have to wait?

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 02 2022, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
any word from fb or ft on what happened this time and how long we will have to wait?
Hi Tom C,
Nothing yet from them. Be assured we will post any updates we get from the developers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 02 2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMab99 View Post
The thing that is really sticking in my craw is I paid for Farm Pass and I'm not able to use it.
Agree. For the second time.
Old Dec 02 2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Coop View Post
Agree. For the second time.
A lot of us just put money into the game and we are all in the same situation, but in reality it was either I put money for farmtown cash or I buy something else that I didn't need at the time but wanted...The only thing I am mad about is that I am pretty sure that FB got part of the money we paid with ...and then they took the game ....and kept their cut when their cut should be returned to sk to help them set up new servers. (does that make sense? my brain and words don't always match)

The game is not gone, it is just temporairly misplaced. It will return as soon as it is able, this may take a week like it did over thanksgiving or it could take weeks to months while the devs set up new servers.

For now we need to be patient and find something else to occupy our time...personally I will be baking and playing euchre
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Dec 02 2022, 01:27 PM

The thing I find frustrating is that with a game as big as Farmtown, when Facebook takes it down, and the developers are left to wonder what the reason was, that Facebook treats Slashkey with no priority service. The lines of communication going into Facebook are nonexistent.
Its like we (slashkey) have to wait in a queue and see what 'rule' was violated so that it can be rectified. Then we can get back to the game.
Old Dec 02 2022, 01:37 PM

Maybe it's time to take the game off Facebook and be independent?

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error